+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Who will do Nightmare Tide Weekly crafting quest!!?

Or they could just change the recipe for lets say armorsmith to include leather. If we can make salads with lacquer we can make armors with leather, makes more sense no?

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Just to be sure, each weekly quest is to require how many? The one I did required 3, is that accurate? Or just one?
    Before they were disabled the quests required 3, but they will require 2 after the next patch.

Shadowlander

Default Still too expensive for those who only have 3 skills

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Before they were disabled the quests required 3, but they will require 2 after the next patch.
    That's great that they reduced it, but it's still TOO expensive for those people who only have 3 crafting skills. It would take them 9 days just to get enough crafting currencies just to get the 2 Strands of Draum alone. Then only getting the choice of 1 of the 9 rewards. It doesn't justify the expenses of the strands.

So far, I am NOT impressed with this weekly. I liked the Storm Legion ones where we can still get crafting currencies along with the lures for rifts to possibly earn more crafting currencies. Maybe if you brought that back, I'd be a bit more inclined to try this weekly.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    [...] but it's still TOO expensive for those people who only have 3 crafting skills.
    I have all crafting skills and an army of fully leveled alts to supply my main with Strands of Draum. I'm happy to see that the time I invested into getting where I am pays off like this.

Ascendant

That's great that they reduced it, but it's still TOO expensive for those people who only have 3 crafting skills. It would take them 9 days just to get enough crafting currencies just to get the 2 Strands of Draum alone. Then only getting the choice of 1 of the 9 rewards. It doesn't justify the expenses of the strands.

So far, I am NOT impressed with this weekly. I liked the Storm Legion ones where we can still get crafting currencies along with the lures for rifts to possibly earn more crafting currencies. Maybe if you brought that back, I'd be a bit more inclined to try this weekly.
    Buy REX, get more professions. Problem solved.

If you don't want to do so, then just ignore the Weekly (or, you know, get the Weekly done when you can, and handle the one week out of four that you can not with manly stoicism).
    Last edited by Nefelia; 04-23-2015 at 08:46 AM.

So you can ignore the quest or invest more. I leveled up 3 characters to NT just to have all crafts at 450 - it took time, effort and plat. So far I had no return for all my trouble because I could sell nothing except raw mats without a loss. Finally I have a chance to sell those Draums and make some money. I say the quests are fine.

RIFT Guide Writer

That's great that they reduced it, but it's still TOO expensive for those people who only have 3 crafting skills..
    How do you only have 3? Survival and Fishing are free and take no craft slots. You should have a minimum of 5.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Still way too expensive. I've stopped doing all the crafting that requires such ridiculous amounts of mats for anything.

The high requirement for some expensive mats (credits or crafting marks) is not something I will support.

Rift Disciple

Default i will

I have 2 crafting alts, and also have some transcendant token tablets to use, so I can earn ridiculous amounts of marks doing 4 dailys (3 craft and survival) then buy strands on them mail em to my main who does 2 weeklys for t2 currency. kinda curious, how many marks do you get with the trove reward?

Didn't touch leather. I have the Outfitter recipe now. I went through my cloth like Vitamix blender.
    This isn't just a mat sink, it's a wormhole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Didn't touch leather. I have the Outfitter recipe now. I went through my cloth like Vitamix blender.
    ...to another dimension too.

So far the upgrades to gear in Rift are as bad, or worse than the crafting requirements on mats for things. I mean, really? 6-12 special stones you can only buy on the Rift store for a piddly stat upgrade for a blue to another blue? Plus you have to get those horribly expensive extra mats from another craft (which you don't have) just to complete the upgrade.

Crafting in Rift and upgrading (which shows up as a pseudo craft action) just is way out of the ball park now. Granted some balancing worked to help out crafters to sell their wares, but its gone overboard, along with the paddle.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Still way too expensive. I've stopped doing all the crafting that requires such ridiculous amounts of mats for anything.

The high requirement for some expensive mats (credits or crafting marks) is not something I will support.
    Too be fair it's two strands for 640 FoM the new raid tokens( and you get more than you would from killing a HK boss). The cost should be high and you can buy them off other players or with your own marks or credits there are options.

(My comments in this post are about the weeklys only as that is what this post is about, the upgrade cost for expert gear is a rip off and people are silly for doing it)
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

...to another dimension too.

So far the upgrades to gear in Rift are as bad, or worse than the crafting requirements on mats for things. I mean, really? 6-12 special stones you can only buy on the Rift store for a piddly stat upgrade for a blue to another blue? Plus you have to get those horribly expensive extra mats from another craft (which you don't have) just to complete the upgrade.

Crafting in Rift and upgrading (which shows up as a pseudo craft action) just is way out of the ball park now. Granted some balancing worked to help out crafters to sell their wares, but its gone overboard, along with the paddle.
    What special stones for upgrades you can only buy in store?

If you dont have extra mats from another craft, sell the ones your craft has and buy the ones you need. It is about time we with multiple crafters start getting some profit instead of a constant loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Unless you're an Apoth, then it only costs Dust, which you can buy with Void Stones anyway. Thanks to this I was able to pick up a bunch of the Congealed Dreams for little more than the plat-cost of the credit-purchased Strands.

No point for anyone but Apoths to make these things imo.

They are on AH for 110p. If you run the old raids you get 400-450p in 1-2 hours. super easy to buy them.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast