+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Who will do Nightmare Tide Weekly crafting quest!!?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

The weeklies were disabled due to a bug, sorry about that!

I'll be working closely with Vladd to ensure the numbers on these recipes make sense.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

I'll be working closely with Vladd to ensure the numbers on these recipes make sense.

:< What about those that already finished a weekly?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    :< What about those that already finished a weekly?

If you lost more Congealed Dreams than what was required by the quest, contact Customer Service to be refunded the items taken from you.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    Looking at the weekly it still will not really put a dent in the 6000 leathers I have.
    THIS. Why on earth does NOTHING require leather? I have stacks and stacks and stacks and... I can't keep up with the sarleaf demand in every recipe. And the thalasite. I've got leather out the wazoo, and FREAKING NOTHING needs leather.

Can we exchange mats in something so it uses leather instead of sarleaf or thalasite? Surely something could use all this excess of leather that you can't even really give away.

Champion of Telara

I have all the tradeskills. So it was just a matter of seeing which was the cheapest/easiest to do. Are the Congealed Dreams interchangeable between all the different crafts?

Thank you Morticus
    I like this game

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I have all the tradeskills. So it was just a matter of seeing which was the cheapest/easiest to do. Are the Congealed Dreams interchangeable between all the different crafts?
    Yes. It was intended to make them trade-able as well. Ideally, you should be able to craft more than one a week.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by tagbtr View Post
    THIS. Why on earth does NOTHING require leather? I have stacks and stacks and stacks and... I can't keep up with the sarleaf demand in every recipe. And the thalasite. I've got leather out the wazoo, and FREAKING NOTHING needs leather.

Can we exchange mats in something so it uses leather instead of sarleaf or thalasite? Surely something could use all this excess of leather that you can't even really give away.
    I very much agree. I also have tons of leather that needs to be used for something. It's too cheap on the AH to be worth selling, and even leather armor sells cheap enough that I don't bother making that either.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Came to write exactly the same. It seems I get much more leather (via minion system, no butchering) than I get anything else, and I don't have what to use it for. People around me are complaining of the same thing.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I very much agree. I also have tons of leather that needs to be used for something. It's too cheap on the AH to be worth selling, and even leather armor sells cheap enough that I don't bother making that either.
    Yes, one of the main gathering mats that need to be used a lot more. If they can introduce leather into all the recipe's and maybe reduce Thalsite bar (plus scarleaf, etc) prices perhaps it will work out for the best.

Default Buying recipe from vendor is bugged.

Amielle

Nop. Not there at all.

I bought it from the recipe vendor in draumheim, had it in my bags, copllected it and it went nowhere.
    Please read my post. Do not buy it from the vendor, by the recipe from the rift store. There is a bug sometimes that will deny you the recipe that you bought from the vendor. I suggest that you make a bug report to customer service to get back your marks.

Good luck

Shadowlander

It's WAY too expensive and it's another scheme to get more money from their players. To have to craft that recipe 3 times on top of buying it?! That's ridiculous! It also seems that if you don't pick up the weekly quest on Wednesdays then it's gone. I didn't pick it up yesterday and it didn't have the icon to talk to them. Even the fish guy didn't have a quest mark over his head and I thought that was a daily. (Of course, the game went down with no notice for patch before I could really check it out)

Either way, I'm not happy with the new weekly. Made me so mad yesterday that I left my main crafting toon before seeing the other goodies to get on her just to go start killing stuff for the other weeklies.

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    It's WAY too expensive and it's another scheme to get more money from their players. To have to craft that recipe 3 times on top of buying it?! That's ridiculous! It also seems that if you don't pick up the weekly quest on Wednesdays then it's gone. I didn't pick it up yesterday and it didn't have the icon to talk to them. Even the fish guy didn't have a quest mark over his head and I thought that was a daily. (Of course, the game went down with no notice for patch before I could really check it out)

Either way, I'm not happy with the new weekly. Made me so mad yesterday that I left my main crafting toon before seeing the other goodies to get on her just to go start killing stuff for the other weeklies.

Quick FYI - the crafting weeklies are currently disabled, that's why you didn't see them. Once they're back up, you'll be able to pick them up any day of the week, no just Wednesdays.

Champion of Telara

If you lost more Congealed Dreams than what was required by the quest, contact Customer Service to be refunded the items taken from you.
    Just to be sure, each weekly quest is to require how many? The one I did required 3, is that accurate? Or just one?

Plane Touched

Default Maybe this would help.

I'll assume that it might not be easy to develop useful, balanced recipes requiring leather and so I'd suggest another possible approach. Drop a machine (I'll call it a Transmutor) into the crafting area in Choreburg. It takes any basic gathering material and turns it into something else. But it's inefficient, so there's wastage. And it overheats easily, so there's a multi-hour cooldown period after using it.

So, if I put in 3 leather, for example, they get crunched down to the molecular level and out comes 1 thalasite ore or 1 sarleaf. Or a stack of 99 leather will give you 33 of whatever. Then I have to wait for 4 hours before doing it again.

Acquiring 33 sarleaf in a 4-hour period would not be a great return if I went out to harvest nodes but it would allow folks to whittle away at their stocks of leather (or whatever they have a surplus of).

Besides, at the Ghar station in Goboro Reef, there's a machine that produces "supplies" from someone's dreams. A Transmutor device doesn't require a great stretch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast