+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Did RoF see a hp reduction like the other raids?

Default Did RoF see a hp reduction like the other raids?

RHEN OF FATE: SLIVER
    * Reduced the damage of most bosses.
    * Ungolok's Fatal Current now has a 4-second cast-time. Damage has been reduced.
    * The Captive Terror's Puncture Heart now has a 4-second cast-time. Damage has been reduced.
    I know it doesn't say they did but I am curious if they did and it was not mentioned or they forgot to add the line to the notes. I'm also curious if the damage reduct effects things like building pressure or the wave mechanic on Finric.

Soulwalker

If the patch notes are anything to go by, RoF did not see an HP reduction nor did any other bosses mechanics get nerfed. So I'm sure people will complain about that now soon too once they are finally able to make it past Ungolok hopefully
    Last edited by Fathermonster; 04-15-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Fathermonster View Post
    If the patch notes are anything to go by, RoF did not see an HP reduction nor did any other bosses mechanics get nerfed. So I'm sure people will complain about that now soon too once they are finally able to make it past Ungolok hopefully
    Finric's waves are too haard! I cant press space barr!

Telaran

New Finric change.

If you have the arclight mount, during the waves, instead of getting damaged when you don't jump, you will just activate your hoverboard and ride the wave.

Ascendant

damage has been reduced?

on one shot mechanics?

why?

people having issues crafting insoles?

i mean really, its called FATAL current.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

i mean really, its called Current.
    Fixed :P

/10char
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

The RoF bosses did not see a HP reduction, as surviving the mechanics appears to have been the main concern for players having a difficult time with the raid.

With the general reduction in difficulty to the older raid tier, Ungolok's one-shot mechanics are no longer necessarily one-shot, though they still hit for a lot of damage. The other raid bosses have not seen changes to their mechanics, since the main complaint was that Ungolok was blocking progression to easier bosses.

Going forward, there could be additional reductions to the difficulty of RoF, but since what is nerfed cannot be unnerfed (at least, in general practice), I'd rather see how the current changes affect players' progress before making any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    damage has been reduced?

on one shot mechanics?

why?

people having issues crafting insoles?

i mean really, its called FATAL current.
    Douglas Adams would say it should be called "Mostly Fatal Current".
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by saviktkr View Post
    Douglas Adams would say it should be called "Mostly Fatal Current".

YES! ALL OF MY YESES!

Make it so, Krug!
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

In essence,we have harmful current (like the chronicle) in the raid now instead of a legit mechanic to deal with? Is this what raiding will be about in the future,bosses that actually demand some skill or effort from the player will be neutered if there are enough whiners?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronin View Post
    In essence,we have harmful current (like the chronicle) in the raid now instead of a legit mechanic to deal with? Is this what raiding will be about in the future,bosses that actually demand some skill or effort from the player will be neutered if there are enough whiners?
    T1 is now old content and, therefore, nerfed to push people to current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    T1 is now old content and, therefore, nerfed to push people to current content.
    I'm all for getting people caught up to the latest content. Lowering hp and damage in certain areas to make the fight easier overall for old content makes sense. This sounds like the one shot mechanic aspect has been removed and people can be afford to be hit by it or not even bother to move if they have geared healers/an extra healer. Of course,I haven't seen the weaker Ungolok yet but that's what it sounds like.

BTW,something about your signature always brings a smile to my face when I see it .
    Last edited by Zeronin; 04-15-2015 at 12:17 PM.

I'm all for getting people caught up to the latest content. Lowering hp and damage in certain areas to make the fight easier overall for old content makes sense. This sounds like the one shot mechanic aspect has been removed and people can be afford to be hit by it or not even bother to move if they have geared healers/an extra healer. Of course,I haven't seen the weaker Ungolok yet but that's what it sounds like.

BTW,something about your signature always brings a smile to my face when I see it .
    So why complain until we see the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitme2 View Post
    So why complain until we see the new version?
    Who's complaining? I've had no issues with Ungolok pre-nerf and have had him on farm for a while. I was referring to how this affects raiding in general and the whole issue of baddies staying bad. Though,now that you bring it up,I could care less as long as the nerfs stay with outdated content and don't affect how current and upcoming raids are created in regards to difficulty.

Who's complaining? I've had no issues with Ungolok pre-nerf and have had him on farm for a while. I was referring to how this affects raiding in general and the whole issue of baddies staying bad. Though,now that you bring it up,I could care less as long as the nerfs stay with outdated content and don't affect how current and upcoming raids are created in regards to difficulty.
    You're complaining about them over-nerfing the fight before we've even seen it....I'm glad by the end of your post you were finally able to realize what's going on here though. Good job.

A nerf to old content has always been what this is and is standard for all new tier releases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast