+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Did RoF see a hp reduction like the other raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitme2 View Post
    You're complaining about them over-nerfing the fight before we've even seen it....I'm glad by the end of your post you were finally able to realize what's going on here though. Good job.

A nerf to old content has always been what this is and is standard for all new tier releases.
    I've stated it before and I'll clarify it since you're having some trouble understanding. There was no complaining and we've also established that there is no reason for me to complain. As far as over-nerfing and the other topics go,there are/will be discussions in other threads and since it's not the topic of the OP,I won't continue it here. There was no realization,that's what I've always thought but I do appreciate the encouragement and only wish I could give you a pat on the back as well.

Fatal Current still hit me for 128k in a tank spec. So its still pretty fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    It is a percentage of your maximum health. It is no longer a one-shot.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

Rift Disciple

If it still hit you with a 4sec cast time the problem is between the chair and keyboard.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronin View Post
    I'm all for getting people caught up to the latest content. Lowering hp and damage in certain areas to make the fight easier overall for old content makes sense. This sounds like the one shot mechanic aspect has been removed and people can be afford to be hit by it or not even bother to move if they have geared healers/an extra healer. Of course,I haven't seen the weaker Ungolok yet but that's what it sounds like.

BTW,something about your signature always brings a smile to my face when I see it .
    You probably haven't hear the horror stories about Ungolok and experienced them yourself. I heard this guy failed with pugs for AN ENTIRE MONTH before he killed Ungolok. I myself had 4 different raid groups and we still couldn't down him. I had 2 raid similar raid groups in 2 weeks for Ungolok in my raiding guild... we wiped probably 25-30 times in 2 weeks. I eventually just gave up, and left the guild without saying anything. The pain that caused me internally..... was a lot. I moved off the server as well and went looking for a guild on Deepwood. I have finally found 1 after searching for a week extensively. Went 4/5 Mount Sharax. They decided to take me along because they didn't have enough members and they pugged like 4 extra people. I did 4/5 of the mechanics perfectly. Did not die a single time. Threngar on the other hand, is a really difficult boss to get down, because what is "happening" is always clear. These are moments when a raid add-on is basically required cuz the difficulty is that high.

People will still have to move, no matter what. This "tweak" was good for the people who get lag spikes from the server itself. Rift servers have had lag issues forever. Trion has to consider that when making some mechanics. Ungolok was a **** storm. Seemed like a million things are going on... and it's only a 10 man. RoF has been the hardest 10 man raid I've ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblaze View Post
    Went 4/5 Mount Sharax. They decided to take me along because they didn't have enough members and they pugged like 4 extra people. I did 4/5 of the mechanics perfectly. Did not die a single time.
    Grats on your carry!

Threngar on the other hand, is a really difficult boss to get down, because what is "happening" is always clear. These are moments when a raid add-on is basically required cuz the difficulty is that high.
    1/10 yes there is a lot going on. No you do not need an Addon, cast bars are real yo!

People will still have to move, no matter what. This "tweak" was good for the people who get lag spikes from the server itself. Rift servers have had lag issues forever. Trion has to consider that when making some mechanics. Ungolok was a **** storm. Seemed like a million things are going on... and it's only a 10 man. RoF has been the hardest 10 man raid I've ever come across.
    Apparently you never did the original GP. So again 1/10 with your lack of knowledge.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by mauzer80 View Post
    If it still hit you with a 4sec cast time the problem is between the chair and keyboard.
    Big difference between letting it hit you to see the damage and not being able to move in 4 seconds. I was the only one in the instance and I ran in to see the damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    The RoF bosses did not see a HP reduction, as surviving the mechanics appears to have been the main concern for players having a difficult time with the raid.

With the general reduction in difficulty to the older raid tier, Ungolok's one-shot mechanics are no longer necessarily one-shot, though they still hit for a lot of damage. The other raid bosses have not seen changes to their mechanics, since the main complaint was that Ungolok was blocking progression to easier bosses.

Going forward, there could be additional reductions to the difficulty of RoF, but since what is nerfed cannot be unnerfed (at least, in general practice), I'd rather see how the current changes affect players' progress before making any others.
    Didn't nerf the other bosses because the people complaining were complaining about the gateway boss. Makes sense.

Nerfed Bulf, but not Finric. This one throws me for a loop. I think finric is fine mechanic wise, just maybe give him a 5-10% hp drop and the vast majority of pulls I experienced the past two weeks would have been kills. Give bulf more damage not less.

Rift Disciple

Big difference between letting it hit you to see the damage and not being able to move in 4 seconds. I was the only one in the instance and I ran in to see the damage.
    What I am saying is with a 4 sec cast time it should still be an instadeath mechanic.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MYoun View Post
    Didn't nerf the other bosses because the people complaining were complaining about the gateway boss. Makes sense.

Nerfed Bulf, but not Finric. This one throws me for a loop. I think finric is fine mechanic wise, just maybe give him a 5-10% hp drop and the vast majority of pulls I experienced the past two weeks would have been kills. Give bulf more damage not less.
    Honestly if guilds that have been at finric but struggled cannot down him this week... Especially with no adds spawning during coral phases ( i assume due to the disabling of mobs until hotfix).

As for RoF overall. It definitely feels like an old world raid or something.Their is really no chance of dying on Ungolok. The triplets are easy to do either method. The only boss that really has the potential to wipe you anymore is Drekanoth. And even that is only if the server lags or you lag.

Question Am I the only one confused?

The RoF bosses did not see a HP reduction, as surviving the mechanics appears to have been the main concern for players having a difficult time with the raid.

With the general reduction in difficulty to the older raid tier, Ungolok's one-shot mechanics are no longer necessarily one-shot, though they still hit for a lot of damage. The other raid bosses have not seen changes to their mechanics, since the main complaint was that Ungolok was blocking progression to easier bosses.

Going forward, there could be additional reductions to the difficulty of RoF, but since what is nerfed cannot be unnerfed (at least, in general practice), I'd rather see how the current changes affect players' progress before making any others.
    I am really confused by the Patch Notes and what you said above. Can you please clarify this?

RHEN OF FATE: SLIVER
    * Reduced the damage of most bosses.
    * Ungolok's Fatal Current now has a 4-second cast-time. Damage has been reduced.
    * The Captive Terror's Puncture Heart now has a 4-second cast-time. Damage has been reduced.
    The Patch Notes for Rhen of Fate state "Reduced the damage of MOST bosses". However you stated "The other raid bosses have not seen changes to their mechanics, since the main complaint was that Ungolok was blocking progression to easier bosses".

I hope you can see why I am confused . Can you clarify if any other bosses in Rhen of Fate had any type of nerf be it a damage reduction or otherwise? If not then either the patch notes were wrong or ?

Thanks in advance for your time

<O└d Skool>

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Rift Team

Question

All the bosses except the triplets had their damage reduced. Only Ungolok had changes to any of his mechanics (increased cast times for Fatal Current and the Terror's Puncture Heart; Fatal Current and Puncture Heart are no longer instant-kill).

All the bosses except the triplets had their damage reduced. Only Ungolok had changes to any of his mechanics (increased cast times for Fatal Current and the Terror's Puncture Heart; Fatal Current and Puncture Heart are no longer instant-kill).
    Thank you for that clarification. It is much appreciated.

<O└d Skool>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkan View Post
    Honestly if guilds that have been at finric but struggled cannot down him this week... Especially with no adds spawning during coral phases ( i assume due to the disabling of mobs until hotfix).

As for RoF overall. It definitely feels like an old world raid or something.Their is really no chance of dying on Ungolok. The triplets are easy to do either method. The only boss that really has the potential to wipe you anymore is Drekanoth. And even that is only if the server lags or you lag.
    Corals require 1150 hit until hotfix.

You probably haven't hear the horror stories about Ungolok and experienced them yourself. I heard this guy failed with pugs for AN ENTIRE MONTH before he killed Ungolok. I myself had 4 different raid groups and we still couldn't down him. I had 2 raid similar raid groups in 2 weeks for Ungolok in my raiding guild... we wiped probably 25-30 times in 2 weeks. I eventually just gave up, and left the guild without saying anything. The pain that caused me internally..... was a lot. I moved off the server as well and went looking for a guild on Deepwood. I have finally found 1 after searching for a week extensively. Went 4/5 Mount Sharax. They decided to take me along because they didn't have enough members and they pugged like 4 extra people. I did 4/5 of the mechanics perfectly. Did not die a single time. Threngar on the other hand, is a really difficult boss to get down, because what is "happening" is always clear. These are moments when a raid add-on is basically required cuz the difficulty is that high.

As a guild leader, I take offense with what you have written. First off, 25-30 times for progression is nothing. How many times did you die on Grugonim before you first killed him? How about Salvarola? Secondly, you left the guild over progression and without even saying a word? That is simply disrespectful to the 9+ other people who considered you a sibling in arms. Did you leave simply because you wanted to get carried elsewhere or because you honestly lack patience? My guild is not a top-of-Rift guild. We have not finished Mount Sharax or Tyrant's Forge. We still managed to kill Ungolok on December 01, 2014. And we died a lot more than 25 times before we managed to kill him.

What you are saying in your post is that you honestly got carried through Ungolok. While you personally may have done what you were supposed to do, you clearly played with a group that has more experience playing together and more experience raiding than you do. That is still a carry. In my opinion, raiding should be an organic process where each element (player) grows to fit the entity (the raid). The entity's leadership should be familiar with the strength and weaknesses of each element and construct a strategy that exploits the strengths while mitigating the weaknesses. By leaving your previous guild simply because they could not do Ungolok, you deprived them of the opportunity to do this.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast