+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Levitate Locboxes - Question

Shadowlander

Question New Levitate Locboxes - Question

When I open one of these, if I get a piece of equipment the link shows up in chat. If I click the link, the item tooltip always says "Bind on Equip" -- but the actual item in my inventory says "Soulbound" ... shouldn't it be one OR the other?

I'd prefer BoE of course, because then I could sell what I can't use. But if it's a server first, and a guildie clicks on the link that shows up, they want to buy the item. But I can't sell or give it to them even though the item link says it's BoE.

Anyone? Bueller?

I'm wondering the same thing. I got an essence that was just slightly better than the ones I have equipped, but would probably sell for alot on the AH. Clicking the link in chat, it says BoE, mouse over item in inventory says soulbound. I really hope they're supposed to be BoE and that it'll be fixed soon.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tagbtr View Post
    When I open one of these, if I get a piece of equipment the link shows up in chat. If I click the link, the item tooltip always says "Bind on Equip" -- but the actual item in my inventory says "Soulbound" ... shouldn't it be one OR the other?

I'd prefer BoE of course, because then I could sell what I can't use. But if it's a server first, and a guildie clicks on the link that shows up, they want to buy the item. But I can't sell or give it to them even though the item link says it's BoE.

Anyone? Bueller?
    Yeah, I've gotten two items with the exact same behaviour. I will add that I am getting a higher quality of mage tank gear drops that I don't want, so at least the runebreaks are a bit bigger.

Telaran

I believe the link always shows the state the item would be in your loot bag, or the box in this case, but once you remove it from your bag/box, you have "picked it up" so it will be soulbound.

I noticed this very same thing a few days ago and checked the behavior by linking a few soulbound items in my inventory to some guildies and for them (and for me if I looked at the link results) was that all the soulbound items showed as "Bind On Equip" from the link.

Given that behavior with other soulbound items I thinks it's behaving as designed (but definitely not necessarily intuitive).
    Dreambreaker Zithsic - P100 Warrior
    Officer in Grievance

Shadowlander

But "Bind on Equip" is not the same as "Bind on Pickup" -- BoE items should be sellable. BoP items are obviously not. Sure, I'm picking it up from the box -- but that's not the same as equipping it.

-Snipped-
    -Snipped-
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 03-28-2015 at 09:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread