• 2 Post By Maldrith
  • 1 Post By pritz
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Yali
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Thanks for listening!

Shadowlander

Default Thanks for listening!

Thank you for listening to your customers and making the needed improvements, specifically this:

* We've begun a lengthy process of optimizing game data, which will result in improved load times. Due to the scope of this change, we'll be spreading out this change over the next few months, which will lead to patches being larger than usual.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
    * Significant improvements have been made to lock boxes, starting with the all new Levitate Supply Crate!
    - These lock boxes are now more likely to drop premium items, with a higher variety to boot! The possible drops include Character Portraits, Character Slot Extensions, Extended Hair Style Sets, Trade Skill Extensions, Underwater Mount Training, Planewalker: Water Attunement, Earring Slots, Skin Color Set Bundles and Hair Color Set Bundles!
    - Almost all premium items are now tradable!
    - The amount of Void Stones and Abyssal Crusader's Marks that are rewarded have been increased.
    - There is now a 100% drop chance for equipment.
    - Rare runes no longer drop when opened at level 65.
    - A new upgrade tier has been added to equipment that brings it in line with Marauder and Expert gear.
    - Costume Bundles, Warfront Announcers and Combat Pet skins now have a chance to drop.
    - Many of the less desirable potions and temporary enchants no longer drop.

Shadowlander

Yeah the loading is a bit meh atm. Hopefully, It will lead to better fps instantly at Margle's Palace when it all loads up.... cuz let's face it.... they didn't think about mid range computers when designing the new city, which most people run on.

Much appreciated.. and if possible plz make the old worlds rewarding too.. they look so barren without us :S

Champion of Telara

It says "improved load times", so I guess the fps will stay the same, but any loading screens will be taking less time.

Rift Disciple

Yup, both of these things were welcome changes. Thanks Trion!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I think the lockbox shard first wars on Greybriar may have broke the login...

There should be a title "Lockbox Legend" for opening 1000 lockboxes

Default Yes! Thank you!

It is clear the advances and expansions in the game have out-paced the game design itself. Glad to see load times will eventually improve. But really love the fact they are changing what comes out of the lock boxes !! Gawd it is about time.

Champion

- Many of the less desirable potions and temporary enchants no longer drop.
    This does not seem to apply to the Cobalt Crabnarok Supply Crates that come out of the weekly patron gift. I just got 3 Pelagic Whetstones... yay...

edit: oh yeah just noticed... the patch notes refer to "Rift Store and Services". Weekly boxes remain unchanged I guess.
    Last edited by Yali; 03-25-2015 at 02:48 PM.

I like the changes, especially since wardrobe items and transcendent pots are now tradable. I'm guessing that after a few weeks when most players have collected the bundles they like, the prices should go down a lot. (think about how cheap the Deathbound Bundle ended up becoming, even though it was a lockbox-exclusive).

Cheaper prices for wardrobe bundles compared to purchasing directly with Credits from the RIFT Store, or buying with plat from gifters. Can't complain about that.
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    This does not seem to apply to the Cobalt Crabnarok Supply Crates that come out of the weekly patron gift. I just got 3 Pelagic Whetstones... yay...
    Hey, at least you can use or sell those. Last week I got a single prime prismatic vial. The week before I got a single prime [+armour] vial. This is why gambling is bad.

Hmm, I just got a lockbox ring whose final upgrade is better than some raid-dropped gear. That's nice.

Also, now that Service items (like portraits, warfront announcers, hair style bundles, earring unlocks) that drop from the new lockboxes are tradable - could we get a new Services or RIFT Store category in the Auction House? I'd like to view all these new tradable versions of the items that I'm almost certain will be cheaper than even the going rate for gifters...but it's a pain to find them other than typing out their actual names.

+ Reply to Thread