+ Reply to Thread

Thread: reconstructing level 50 stats?

Plane Touched

Default reconstructing level 50 stats?

Hey everyone,
    I was just curious about this: If I am level 65, but I am wearing level 50 gear, not spending any soul and mastery points beyond level 50, and maybe mentored to 50, would I have the same stats as a level 50 players wearing the same gear? Or would they be significantly higher or lower?
    Since I don't have a level 50 char, I can't try this out myself...
    Last edited by Athanil; 03-23-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Plane Touched

No, mentoring will give you different stats.

While I'm not 100% on the exact mechanics, I do know there's only 2 ways this can go down:
    Either 1) Mentoring gives you "stock" stats or "stock" gear bolstered similarly to the PVP areas, which means you'll have the same stats regardless of what equipment you're actually wearing with the possible exception that empty slots don't get counted

Or, 2) Mentoring takes your current stats and divides them based on the level difference and some multiplication factor to make it somewhat balanced for that level content. (this is the way it's done for abilities, which is why the numbers are sometimes wonky for static value abilities - another thing that's different from people who are just level 50)

So either way, the answer is, no, you can't recreate precise level 50 stats that easily.

That said, your mentored level 50 stats are set to be roughly in the same range where a 50 in SL lvl 50 gear would be, not a fresh 50 from the pre-SL zones
    Last edited by Quwo; 03-23-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Plane Touched

so, if i got you right, your gear has no effect on your stats when you are mentored?

edit: tried that out, it truly has no effect. kind of sad, me and a few other people wanted to try some level 50 content on the gear level that it was actually made for, but looks like that won't be happening, since you can't stop your char from leveling, and there's no way to recreate stats on higher levels.
    Last edited by Athanil; 03-23-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    so, if i got you right, your gear has no effect on your stats when you are mentored?

edit: tried that out, it truly has no effect. kind of sad, me and a few other people wanted to try some level 50 content on the gear level that it was actually made for, but looks like that won't be happening, since you can't stop your char from leveling.

Then i have a different question: how big is the difference in stats between a "naked" level 50 and a "naked" level 65? is it so big that it would make a noticeable difference in level 50 content?
    Depending on what content you're going for, try mentoring to 49.
    Or, get a build that relies on buffs and nerf yourself by not using them all

As far as stats, You get 1 or 2 points in your primary stats per level, a few tens in your secondary/tertiaries, and a few hundred in HP and Mana

50 and 60 are "bonus" levels where you get a bit more but that's about the numbers you're looking at. just multiply by 17 or something

You can pretty much mentor down naked. You'll be fine.

Plane Touched

While your suggestions are nice, they don't really solve my problem, sadly. Mentoring down to level 49 would give me a fix set of stats that don't change with my gear, meaning that the gear i would get from the content would not give me any benefit, thus any kind of progression, like people experienced it in vanilla at level 50, goes away.
    I should explain my idea here to avoid misunderstandings: As someone who has joined rift in mid SL, i have never gotten to experience the classic dungeons and raids like they were meant to be experienced, and since many people say that they're a lot of fun, and since I like the style and story of the old zones better than what came in later SL/ NT, I'd really like to get that experience again. If this was WoW, I would look for a private server running an old version, but as far as i know, there is no such thing for rift. So what I (and some other people i have talked to) would like to have is a way how we can set our characters to behave like level 50 characters, when using level 50 gear in level 50 content, and keep behaving like that. We would also need our characters to properly scale with the gear to add a sense of progression. Some kind of XP lock would be ideal for that, but since rift (for very good reasons) has nothing like that anymore, and since mentoring sets your stats to static values, I am slowly losing hope that this will be possible.
    I had the idea of just using level 50 gear on a level 65 character, but the difference in stats is, as i just found out, so significant that you would basically overpower the lower 50 content...

+ Reply to Thread