+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: One month after : Still a duck

Soulwalker

Default One month after : Still a duck

Hi,

One month ago, I did my first raid in Rift : RoF. I followed the raid leader orders and so the raid tried to bug abused the second boss. I heard that the duck transformation is wanted by the dev s and normal.
    The problem is that the duck transformation is still happening one month after the raid, and specially when I use mentoring.. I'm a kind of casual gamer, it was my first raid on Rift and I could't do anything in the game for one month.
    When will this problem end ? I understand that devs have to find solutions to avoid bug abused, one month is a really long period.. Is it a invisible timer or something ?

Thanks for replying.

Wolféone, Brisesol.

Cheating's bad,

You attempted to abuse a bug, and was punished by the system put in place. To put things in perspective, people who abused that... thing... before the duck was implemented were banned indiscriminately, and had to publicly apologize on the forums on a individual basis for respective un-bans. (or maybe i'm thinking of a different duck)

This could have been a lot worse.
    Zenahk@Laethys

You should contact the customer support about your problem, not post this in the forum.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

So, you joined a PUG where the Raid Leader instructed people to make use of an exploit and you did as you were told, got some form of punishment for exploiting, and are upset about it?

I feel sure there's a lesson in here somewhere...

Soulwalker

I think you did not understand well what I said.. I understand the reason why the devs have to do that and I accept it, the problem is that I did not know we were trying to bug abused, it's after research about this transformation that I got this information ! You don't have to be so rude, I just want to know when it will end. I was just beginning the high lvl content of the game and with this transformation I can do anything more than stay in town, I did not know I was cheating. I'm in a small friendly guild, so I tried to join a bigger one for one night to try some raid, and that's the result.

Ascendant

We understood that you were not guilty for cheating, it all is somebody else's fault. Unfortunately none of the posters here is able to remove this "buff" from you, so I'ld therefore recommend you do as the poster above said:

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    You should contact the customer support about your problem, not post this in the forum.

Rift Chaser

so you can permanently transform into a duck?!!?

that hilarious and AWESOME!

do share how to do this, i want to play as a duck too.

Ducks can't fight. Ducks can only quack at enemies. Ducks don't wear armor. Any decent enemy can kill a duck by just sneezing.

Don't be so quick to invoke the wrath of the great and mighty Ducklar the Sploiter, minor god of potentially apocalyptic paradoxes.
    Zenahk@Laethys

This is the funniest thing ever. Did the devs really intended to punish ppl from cheating with this duck morph? It is AMAZING! Props to inventivity and humour!

Lol, thats hilarious for a punishment, the devs here seem pretty cool, the more i get into this game the more i like.

@Op, you might have to level up another toon and put your duck on faeblight. Not many people get to roleplay a duck!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zelurk View Post
    Ducks can't fight. Ducks can only quack at enemies. Ducks don't wear armor. Any decent enemy can kill a duck by just sneezing.

Don't be so quick to invoke the wrath of the great and mighty Ducklar the Sploiter, minor god of potentially apocalyptic paradoxes.

Seems pretty clear, ducks need a buff!

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Pretty sure that feature was removed from the game a few months ago.

Wow, is this a LoL thread or has the rift community really become this toxic towards newer players?

Of course the system isn't intended to penalize someone for a month for something like this.

People have not been banned indiscriminately for anything in this game. Infact, many could argue that too much discretion is used for much more serious offenses.

@OP, I would put in an ingame petition, and possibly do as much AFKing in game as you can to drop the invisible timer that I'm sure exists.

Rift Disciple

At least for laughs, you could rename yourself Darkwing, Daffy, Donald....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast