+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: One month after : Still a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Takatoraa View Post
    Wow, is this a LoL thread or has the rift community really become this toxic towards newer players?
    From what I recall of the big brouhaha when lots of people were given this punishment it was as a result of something which made them invulnerable to damage in a raid encounter. No matter how new you are at the game, does it sound normal for you to become completely immune to damage or does even a new player think "Hold on, that sounds like cheating"?

So, no, the issue isn't with newer players but with any and all players that use exploits inside raids, get caught using said exploits, get punished for using said exploits and then post on the forums to complain about the punishment they received for using said exploits.

Consider this... would the community be better or worse off if people that cheat at the game were excluded from the game?

Well, as allready stated, no one here can say how long that one will last.

I do hope, it will last on this character forever, but i would also settle for something like, untill you have leveled a new character and did that particular raid again... just without cheating this time.

And btw. i didn't check if there were allready guides for that raid encounter present at the time you did it, but if someone is taking you with him on your first raid, shouldn't you at least read up a bit about this raid?
    And then also notice, when something strange or rather rules breaking is going on? No offense, but i'm just wondering how you reached level 65 and get your character ready for a raid...

On the brighter side, you might count yourself lucky, that your account wasn't permanently banned, and only one character has to join the duck club from time to time.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 03-23-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

I had the debuff for almost a week. A dev claimed that the intended duration is 12 hours but that some people were getting it for 24 hours. That's logged in game time.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

The problem op is that you were not a member of one of the dev's favorites guild. Gotta know who to **** up to then you would only get a slap on the hand instead of the permaband that cheaters deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    Pretty sure that feature was removed from the game a few months ago.
    Nope, just moved to web based system.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    The problem op is that you were not a member of one of the dev's favorites guild. Gotta know who to **** up to then you would only get a slap on the hand instead of the permaband that cheaters deserve.
    I hear if you send the devs flowers they give you raid achievements and raid awareness.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Plane Walker

Brilliant idea: use a group summon up on the scaffolding and then jump down and immediately pull the boss. Allow hilarity to ensue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeon View Post
    Hi,

One month ago, I did my first raid in Rift : RoF. I followed the raid leader orders and so the raid tried to bug abused the second boss. I heard that the duck transformation is wanted by the dev s and normal.
    The problem is that the duck transformation is still happening one month after the raid, and specially when I use mentoring.. I'm a kind of casual gamer, it was my first raid on Rift and I could't do anything in the game for one month.
    When will this problem end ? I understand that devs have to find solutions to avoid bug abused, one month is a really long period.. Is it a invisible timer or something ?

Thanks for replying.

Wolféone, Brisesol.

From what I understand, it's a 2 day timer that only counts down when you are online.
    Wild guess at the number so it's probably wrong but it does demonstrate the scale of the wait time.

To make it count down, you basically have to log in and afk until the duck thing goes away. Just watch a movie or something and tap the forward key every 10 minutes to avoid being kicked from the server.

I believe the timer requires 12h (additive between sessions) of being online before it times out.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 03-23-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Out of curiosity. Can you still do everything you could normally do? Cast spells, tank, run at full speed etc. But you just look like a duck?

If so I am surprised a lot of people didn't exploit the exploit just to be a duck.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    Out of curiosity. Can you still do everything you could normally do? Cast spells, tank, run at full speed etc. But you just look like a duck?

If so I am surprised a lot of people didn't exploit the exploit just to be a duck.
    I want to be a duck too, but nobody will tell me how to become one.

nope, you randomly turn to a duck for 60 seconds, cannot do any abilities.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

No. You get turned into a duck seemingly at random and can't do anything for 1 minute at a time except run around as a duck.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Rift Chaser

so, if 1 member does this trick, does the whole raid transform? (very important question that hasnt been asked yet)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2