+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Raiding and people wanting to raid

  1. #31
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    5 minutes reading a guide and 20 minutes practicing it. Big whoop. Unless you're playing mage specs, most of the ****'s just memorize the rotation and you're good to go. Even mages are starting to work that way cause of the SC hybrids.
    Firstly dont expect your view to be the view of everyone. I give you an example. Im not a native english. I have to translate every skills from english to german because i play with a german client. So i have to spent much more time to "UNDERSTAND" a guide. As soon as i understand (and i dont mean just rolling some macros) this guide i prepare to build up from srcatch for my own playstyle. Even if you are good at the dummy every spec has his ups and downs and every boss has his ups and downs. So you have to learn to play the spec right on special bosses. I would go so far to say that i need a whole week (from building up and understanding to learning on bosses) to play one role on the max.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    And, even bigger than that, it's ONE SPEC. Reaver, Inquisitor, Pyromancer, Marksman. Bam. Done. All range, might not be best DPS every fight, but always usable on every single fight.
    Reaver is the only spec of this four which you can play on every boss. Inquisitor and Marksman are two specs that are hard to master for casuals. Mostly they end on Ranger or low dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Same with tanks specs, heal specs, and support specs. Learn one and done.
    Having one of this role and being good at this are 2 completly different thinks. Fast reactions and a good understanding of every skill you have is the difference between great and good players. Great players can save a hard situation, good players only compete in normal situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Still, big freaking time commitment here, right? I've grabbed mages off crossevents and showed them how to pyro properly and gotten their DPS up 5k-10k inside 10 minutes. After that, it's just using the spec in raids, experts, DRRs, open world, hell anything you'd already do already.
    Oh must be you who brings all that pyro slackers into experts with firestorm on trashmobs, thank you very much. You spent 10 minutes on casuals how to pyro? Everyone can give out 3 macros and be good on a dummy. But this does not mean that you are good at all for raiding. Pyro is one of the worst specs to go in raids. No mobility and a high burst that is mostly not needed. This spec is not the best to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    3 minutes to read a guide. Wow. Or you watch Oria's videos. 10 minutes.
    One more time. Spenting time watching / reading a guide and understanding the fight, are to different thinks. You wont be good at a boss if you only do the theory. You have to understand what kills you and what problems this boss makes to your group. You have to know your players and switch their roles if you want to compete. You have to know your own class and when to use what skill, leading to the first point.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Can tag zone events for weeklies over 10 minutes.

    Rep should already be long capped if playing since start of expansion. If not, the easy rep quests take about 30m total. Hell,w hen I was capping out my reps for raids during the first month, I skipped some dailies all together just cause I didn't feel like doing them. Chronicles for some extra takes, at most, 15 minutes to complete Shadow from Beyond.

    PVP weeklies? Hell you can load your computer and AFK through them if you're really that casual. Leave the stuff running in the background and jump/move every now and then to not get kicked. Or set your pet as aggressive near a control point to stop your boot.
    Tell me more of how much of a ******bag i have to be to compete in raids

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    If they don't have the time to game, why are they trying to game instead of working harder so they can get more free time?
    Some people have fun on getting max, some people have fun on tactics, some people have fun on group gaming and some even like to gear up. Don't expect everyone is the same. With a limited time a casual has he has some priorities. I more likely spent 2 hours on raids then not participating on the raid and learning my class 2 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    If nothing is super hard, you guys should have Threngar down now, no? And it shouldn't be hard to learn any spec fast at all right? After all, that's what you said right there. Nothing is hard. Just need people actually putting the stupidly tiny amount of time needed into it.
    Thats what you said and you are totaly wrong. It is not a tiny amount of time it is an immens amount of time. We can share our /played time and than compare to our raid progress if you want. You will be surprised how less time i spent ingame than you and still aren't far away from your raidprogress. It is always a matter if time. Also as some people need more time to reach the same target as someone else. But in Rift you don't need any high IQ to down some bosses. Just great players and great knowledge that can be earned with time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    [...]
    People are not willing to commit time to the game to raid, to learn and improve. People want to queue up like they do in experts and get gear. People want Trion coming to them and saying "please, take this relic weapon, you deserve it, you have installed our game, and made it to 65, that is merit enough".

    If you don't have the time, there's no reason to complain.
    There are some of this people, this is the same as in pvp. But please don't put everyone especially all of the casuals into the same box. Go out and play with casual guilds. And you will see why and with what they struggle. They are not all a bunch of bagging hobos. The majority of this playerbase wants a nice evening raiding with their buddies and having some fun. Not free loot. As i allready said: i dont want an easy mode for them but there should be a fair level of difficulty.
    Last edited by esc2heaven; 03-18-2015 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #32
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    I dont mean the hardcore progression guidls that are just 100% competitive players. I'm going out from 90% of rift community that are casuals and semi progression guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    Some people have fun on getting max, some people have fun on tactics, some people have fun on group gaming and some even like to gear up. Don't expect everyone is the same. With a limited time a casual has he has some priorities. I more likely spent 2 hours on raids then not participating on the raid and learning my class 2 hours.

    There are some of this people, this is the same as in pvp. But please don't put everyone especially all of the casuals into the same box. Go out and play with casual guilds. And you will see why and with what they struggle. They are not all a bunch of bagging hobos. The majority of this playerbase wants a nice evening raiding with their buddies and having some fun. Not free loot. As i allready said: i dont want an easy mode for them but there should be a fair level of difficulty.
    You seem very passionate about this subject but I am unsure your percentages and what you deem a casual is or what they want is correct.

    There is not 90% of players wishing to raid - I guestimate 30% do not want to do group content at all another 30% do other things including PvP leaving 30% in the category you seem to be referring too which would be natural in any raiding MMO. You will always have those who will do better and that percentage will always be small-at least I hope so or why have raids?

    I am glad we agree there is more than 1% though in the top tier of raiders usually thrown into casual vs hardcore argument wheels.

    As a casual you are correct I do not have the time to do all the stuff BEFORE even raiding so unless that's changed you will not see me in one anymore in ANY game, it has nothing to do with the actual content or its difficulty level but how would I become a better player doing all the things required of me to get better on my character and improve my stats to support 9/19 other players?

    It simply won't happen without some time, effort and dedication and I'm ok with that because I don't expect anyone to stop having there fun cause I don't have time to join in and enjoy it with them.

    Would I raid again if grinds were taken out and content was nerfed so it was more accessible? No I wouldn't that sounds very boring. Rift has so much other content to enjoy, I also enjoy PvP raids in another game, tactical raids in another (etc)

    Perhaps the type of games people need as there own styles of play change or the time they can give also alters is what each individual needs to take a look at and consider?

    Back to what the OP asks though. I loved raiding because there is no sweeter gaming feeling than achieving what you need with your guild mates to get into every bit of raid content, and those first times you see those bosses that seem so huge you just couldn't possibly kill them and then...they're dead-hopefully pre-nerf.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-18-2015 at 04:01 AM.

  3. #33
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    The problem is that your view is limited and not the one of the most players. Not everyone has the time to spent half lifetime to be competitive and still they try to reach the main goal of this game: progression (not old content).

    Im not one of this casuals but i accept their wishes and can see why it is so hard for them to become better.

    Your analogy is just stupid and incorrect.

    What you demand right now is: Every casual gamer STOPS gaming right now or accepts that the only content for him are some old Raids because progression is only for the competitive and people that have nothing better to do than playing rift all day long.

    Let me turn it around. Why does not Trion make all raids easier and YOU mentor down to have fun with "harder" bosses .

    This game should be for the mass and not for the elites. A good balance is the way to go. But right now there is no balance between hard and easy.
    Well said. That is the problem for raiding and why only a few "elite" players do it. Its not that they are elite. Its that they have nothing better to do all day than spend 8 hours on rift gearing up and grinding content and working on their toons.

    I have worked on my main, everyday since 65, only missing a couple days over the last month, and i still have what is considered crappy gear. i even have 3 lockbox oranges and my gear is still considered crappy. And i spend a couple hours a day on my main. I dont even level my other characters because im trying to kind of keep up with the content before the gear im trying to get becomes obsolete as soon as i get it.

    I cant raid because my gear is to bad for raiders and my dps is to low. I had a raider whining in WF about everyone on our side having crappy gear and he did so in 3 or 4 WF i was with him in. "INVEST IN YOUR TOONS" is what he kept yelling over chat. The other side was way better geared than ours.

    I quit doing NTEs because of raiders. I get tired of listening to their whining because they are pumping 50k dps and others are doing 10-25k dps. If we wipe, its because someone has low dps. Its always because someone has low dps, thats who gets the blame. We could have a paper tank, or an absent minded healer, or one of them or all of us could of got a little lag spike, or someone could not know the mechanics, or didnt do what needed to be done in time but i guarantee you the first thing a raider will complain about no matter the reason is the dps.

    Ive been playing video games literally since atari. my first game platform was atari. then nintendo up through various consoles on to pc around age 17 when they started to catch up to consoles. Been doing MMOs since they were text based. The only time DPS matters is that total dps needs to be greater than a bosses HPS/regen or to beat a timer to some ability that makes them wipe a whole group regardless of what you do or where you stand.

    In 95% of cases DPS doesnt matter if your tank and heals are decent, you will make it through. Thats why they have min reqs for entering dungeons and raids. But raiders want to do the content as fast as possible. They want to rush through it. They want to be first. So they want everyone to have as good as gear as you can possibly get for this exact point in progression. If you dont have all the best gear you can get up to this point, then your not worthy of their raid.

    Raiders set ridiculous standards then wonder why they cant find anyone to do raids with. Joining a raiding guild is like filling out a employment application and by time you go through all the BS needed to even get in the guild and get on a raid team, they already took all the fun and excitement out of it. Now its like going to work. " I have to go raid tonight, the raid has to have a defiler."

    Rift caters to raiders and people who spend 8-12 hours a day on here. They are the first to get all the new gear and by time the regular players get almost close to getting that gear. new raids xpacks and gear come out and it feels like all of our work was for nothing because now the gear set we been working on is obsolete. The raids we almost met the the raiders req for are now old content so we now we do them as an old raid or skip them and work on new content.

    Casual players, which make up a majority of rift, skip a lot of content because rift keeps updating the content as if everyone progressed as fast as the minority raiders. So most of the player base doesnt really get to enjoy much of the content because the raiders go through it 5 to 10 times faster than the average player and then scream because they have nothing to do. Leaving the rest of us to skipping content trying to keep up.

    If raids were designed more for casual players that play 2-3 hours a day 4-7 days a week, a lot more people would do them. As it is now...only people that dont have lives do current content raids. They are the only ones that can spend 8 hours a day gearing up to do the content as fast as it comes out...ironically they also set the pace of how fast new content comes up and ironically its why they cant find people to raid with because no one can keep up. Maybe they should take up a hobby besides rift? You know ....like a job. Just a thought. Then maybe the devs would cater the content progression to the casual normal majority players.
    Last edited by Thorian; 03-18-2015 at 03:51 AM.

  4. #34
    Rift Master Solaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post

    If raids were designed more for casual players that play 2-3 hours a day 4-7 days a week, a lot more people would do them. As it is now...only people that dont have lives do current content raids. They are the only ones that can spend 8 hours a day gearing up to do the content as fast as it comes out...ironically they also set the pace of how fast new content comes up and ironically its why they cant find people to raid with because no one can keep up. Maybe they should take up a hobby besides rift? You know ....like a job. Just a thought. Then maybe the devs would cater the content progression to the casual normal majority players.
    Incorrect, most people who do end tier raiding have jobs, I even know some that are in law school and medical school and they still make time for it. They just know how to spend their time wisely.

    I also know a lot of people who have low play times and couldn't get their reps and sigils done as fast as other yet they are good enough to raid in an end tier guild. Why? because they know how to play and don't necessarily need a lot of gear to carry them.

    Also I wouldn't post on people not having a job or lives because that isn't the case for the majority.

  5. #35
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    As it is now...only people that dont have lives do current content raids.
    Some people have a tenancy of making these kind of threads super personal if we could stick to facts and solutions without trying to kick the gut of an argument with ultra negative, incorrect and old perceptions it would be grand.

    Consider it manners training perhaps to be able to hang out with 19 other people in the first place?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-18-2015 at 04:17 AM.

  6. #36
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Incorrect, most people who do end tier raiding have jobs, I even know some that are in law school and medical school and they still make time for it. They just know how to spend their time wisely.

    I also know a lot of people who have low play times and couldn't get their reps and sigils done as fast as other yet they are good enough to raid in an end tier guild. Why? because they know how to play and don't necessarily need a lot of gear to carry them.

    Also I wouldn't post on people not having a job or lives because that isn't the case for the majority.
    Im sure they go to law school, have a full time job, 3 kids, play a minor league sport, and have a hobby,am i right? Ive played with raiders, i use to be a raider and was the GM of a raiding guild. All the raiders i knew spent a min of 4 hours a day playing and i had a guild of 200. I had casual raiders in my guild as well. That spent a couple hours a night and 4-6 on weekends. But the hardcore raiders i had with all the best gear and knew their toons inside and out... they played heavily. They spent a lot of time working a toon.

    The fact someone goes to school or has a job isnt that impressive. You can go to law school 2 nights a week. and you can work a part time job. It doesnt mean you have an actual life outside of rift. My point was they have a lot more time to play than the casual player. Not only that but you said " use their time wisely". See its about making it into a job. Its a bloody game, not studying for finals. It should be enjoyed not pushed to make people into a efficient grind machine. That mentality is what is wrong with MMOs today. Its all about constant grind.

    Thats the difference between elite and casual. Casual players try to enjoy the game, Elite players try to hurry up and win a game that is not winnable.

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Some people have a tenancy of making these kind of threads super personal if we could stick to facts and solutions without trying to kick the gut of an argument with ultra negative, incorrect and old perceptions it would be grand.

    Consider it manners training perhaps to be able to hang out with 19 other people in the first place?
    LOL condescending and hypocritical much your highness? i didnt make it personal, but you did. I was speaking in reference to a group...not a person. You either consider yourself a part of that group or dont. however it is YOUR choice to put yourself in that group.

    As for the hanging out with 19 people.... i use to run an end content raiding guild my dear. I didnt hang out with people, they hung out with me. My time constraints reduced my play time greatly and i passed the guild to someone else, eventually quitting because time didnt allow for me to play but a couple hours a week.

    I use to BE a raider... a hardcore one at that. Raiding on multiple toons 3 or 4 raids a week per toon. I use to manage raids and raiders. That not only gives me the right to talk about said group but knowledgeable about said group.

  8. #38
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    LOL condescending and hypocritical much your highness? i didnt make it personal, but you did. I was speaking in reference to a group...not a person. You either consider yourself a part of that group or dont. however it is YOUR choice to put yourself in that group.

    As for the hanging out with 19 people.... i use to run an end content raiding guild my dear. I didnt hang out with people, they hung out with me. My time constraints reduced my play time greatly and i passed the guild to someone else, eventually quitting because time didnt allow for me to play but a couple hours a week.

    I use to BE a raider... a hardcore one at that. Raiding on multiple toons 3 or 4 raids a week per toon. I use to manage raids and raiders. That not only gives me the right to talk about said group but knowledgeable about said group.
    Could you just give a pov without being insulting to a group of people and staying on the actual subject given by the OP?

    EDIT: It's interesting to know why people raid and also why people don't but making assumptions blatantly and incorrectly makes a conversation go nowhere.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-18-2015 at 05:00 AM.

  9. #39
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    all that you said
    I disagree with you. Saying all hardcore progress gamer are job-, hobby- and familyless hobos is like saying all casuals are lazy, stupid, greedy douchbags.

    This world is not only white and black. As there might be some of them it is the minority. The majority is somewhere between. It's the grey mass.
    Last edited by esc2heaven; 03-18-2015 at 04:56 AM.

  10. #40
    Rift Chaser Eliatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    LOL condescending and hypocritical much your highness? i didnt make it personal, but you did. I was speaking in reference to a group...not a person. You either consider yourself a part of that group or dont. however it is YOUR choice to put yourself in that group.

    As for the hanging out with 19 people.... i use to run an end content raiding guild my dear. I didnt hang out with people, they hung out with me. My time constraints reduced my play time greatly and i passed the guild to someone else, eventually quitting because time didnt allow for me to play but a couple hours a week.

    I use to BE a raider... a hardcore one at that. Raiding on multiple toons 3 or 4 raids a week per toon. I use to manage raids and raiders. That not only gives me the right to talk about said group but knowledgeable about said group.
    Just because you have free time, tons of it, doesn't mean that you have no life.

    That assumption is wrong, and what targets gamers as freaks and people with no social skills.
    Everyone has fun in its own way. Some people like playing alts, some people like raiding, some people like gearing up super fast.

    From my own little experience that I get from reading your post, it would seem you're an over aggressive person with no plan on changing its view over the world. If you are like that, of course people will respond in the same manner and say nasty things due to your low dps.
    Getting good dps is extremely easy.
    I've never had troubles with pugs being offensive, most of the times they just rage quit if we wipe non stop, and I queue for at least 4 dungeons per day and I pug them, I rarely do them in guild.

    Raiding is not a job, it's something you do for pleasure. Does it require coordination? Yes. If you plan something with your friends, you set up a time, place and you have a general idea on how much time you're gonna spend doing it. But you don't call that a job, you called hanging out. See? People hangs out in Rift instead of going out, because they might enjoy it more, because they don't feel like going out on a week night, or whatever reason.

    By perpetuating the stereotypes that are assigned to gamers you're not helping the Rift Community and the Gamer's Community at all.

    It even seems that you don't like raiding at all, and if you don't, considering your experience as a raider, you know there are several games that will suit your playstyle.

    Raiding just requires some dedication, and several guilds raid 1-2 times per week, which is not a lot. The tools to succeed on raiding are there, failing to use them, ignoring them or just whining on the forums is not raider's fault or Trion's fault.

    I raid because I enjoy it. Sometimes you get frustrated, but pulling something out as a group feels great.

  11. #41
    General of Telara saviktkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    The fact someone goes to school or has a job isnt that impressive. You can go to law school 2 nights a week. and you can work a part time job. It doesnt mean you have an actual life outside of rift. My point was they have a lot more time to play than the casual player. Not only that but you said " use their time wisely". See its about making it into a job. Its a bloody game, not studying for finals. It should be enjoyed not pushed to make people into a efficient grind machine. That mentality is what is wrong with MMOs today. Its all about constant grind.

    Thats the difference between elite and casual. Casual players try to enjoy the game, Elite players try to hurry up and win a game that is not winnable.
    When I go to the grocery store, I generally have a list of what I want and what I need. I go straight to the aisles to get the things I need. I generally do not spend hours browsing the aisles. Does that make me a "hardcore" shopper? Being focused and being casual are not mutually exclusive. The fallacy that anyone who has "focus" must "have no life" is the real problem with not only MMOs but society as a whole these days. People want to maximize personal gain with the minimum effort. While that has always been true to human nature, the threshold of minimum effort has dropped remarkably in the Internet Age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    LOL condescending and hypocritical much your highness? i didnt make it personal, but you did. I was speaking in reference to a group...not a person. You either consider yourself a part of that group or dont. however it is YOUR choice to put yourself in that group.

    As for the hanging out with 19 people.... i use to run an end content raiding guild my dear. I didnt hang out with people, they hung out with me. My time constraints reduced my play time greatly and i passed the guild to someone else, eventually quitting because time didnt allow for me to play but a couple hours a week.

    I use to BE a raider... a hardcore one at that. Raiding on multiple toons 3 or 4 raids a week per toon. I use to manage raids and raiders. That not only gives me the right to talk about said group but knowledgeable about said group.
    Why all the chest-pounding? I'm sure your former guild members would look at your "I didnt [sic] hang out with people, they hung out with me" statement with scorn. I doubt anyone has questioned your "right to talk about said group" but rather they are questioning why you are saying that everyone from said group is identical to each other and, in your own words, "have nothing better to do all day than spend 8 hours on rift". As I commented in the other thread, you seem to have a vendetta against raiding and the people who participate in it. I suppose I could understand your bitterness if "only people that dont have lives do current content raids" were a true statement. Sadly it is not. We have people in our guild who are married with children, have professions and careers, and engage in other hobbies. This is made more impressive not by the fact that they raid but by the fact that they can play the game without trying to belittle or stereotype an entire demographic.

    For someone for whom "time constraints reduced my play time greatly", you sure do spend a lot of time on the forums telling others how the game should and should not be.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

  12. #42
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Can't commit to a schedule?
    Feel content shouldn't be tuned around raiders?
    Want to play nightmare tide content?

    Solution: Manugo

  13. #43
    Rift Master Solaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    Im sure they go to law school, have a full time job, 3 kids, play a minor league sport, and have a hobby,am i right? Ive played with raiders, i use to be a raider and was the GM of a raiding guild. All the raiders i knew spent a min of 4 hours a day playing and i had a guild of 200. I had casual raiders in my guild as well. That spent a couple hours a night and 4-6 on weekends. But the hardcore raiders i had with all the best gear and knew their toons inside and out... they played heavily. They spent a lot of time working a toon.

    The fact someone goes to school or has a job isnt that impressive. You can go to law school 2 nights a week. and you can work a part time job. It doesnt mean you have an actual life outside of rift. My point was they have a lot more time to play than the casual player. Not only that but you said " use their time wisely". See its about making it into a job. Its a bloody game, not studying for finals. It should be enjoyed not pushed to make people into a efficient grind machine. That mentality is what is wrong with MMOs today. Its all about constant grind.

    Thats the difference between elite and casual. Casual players try to enjoy the game, Elite players try to hurry up and win a game that is not winnable.

    If you have a full time job, 3 kids, take the time to play a minor league sport then I hate to say it but your either going to have to raid casual or not at all.

    The entire game isn't going to change just because YOU don't have enough time on your hands. Sorry buddy that's just how real life is, cant do it all. Your just going to have to Deal with it

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    As for the hanging out with 19 people.... i use to run an end content raiding guild my dear. I didnt hang out with people, they hung out with me.
    hahahahahahahahha, oh god im dying... please make it stop..

  14. #44
    Rift Master Solaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    Can't commit to a schedule?
    Feel content shouldn't be tuned around raiders?
    Want to play nightmare tide content?

    Solution: Manugo
    Solaura Approves This Message

  15. #45
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    Why must Ungolok be the first Boss on RoF? Why not the third as he is the hardest of all three?
    [...]
    Why should anyone do older content?
    [...]
    There is absolutly no reward for done effort.
    [...]
    Items are not the thing people WANT, items are the thing people NEED to progress further.
    As I was told, Ungolok is the first boss to overcome because that sorts the wheat from the chaff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    [...]If you don't have time, whatever it is, then raiding might not be for you. [...]
    You can raid whenever you want. If you want loot, you can do dungeons and YOU WILL GET T1 GEAR in time.
    It sounds like "Cobbler, stick to your trade!" Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    [...]
    This game should be for the mass and not for the elites.
    Fully agreeing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Ex-raider here, currently playing as hardcore casual. Just mentioning it to understand the point of view.

    For the same reason we do not play with one hand behind our backs, or without gear on etc. We want to see how far we can go with every tool we are given. Creating artificial difficulties from our part like you mention can be fun for a session or two (or more depending on your playstyle), but the real "feel good about myself and my capabilities" part comes from clearing as much of the currently hardest content as possible.
    But casuals are told that every time they try to participate in a high end raid. They are told to do NTE's to learn to Play, to do chronicles to learn the mechanics, to bring archievements to witness they did it... and then not at last the askings for mates for "a fast NTE, min 1k hit..." followed by some exclusions. Yes, we have chronicles, and These chronicles have hardmodes too. Some raiders require the hm-archievent. Low dps? L2play! And the best I heard: Hey, if you have not enough FPS, what the hell are you doing here?

    No. Even as a raider from heart I stopped raiding at that point. Not because I cannot play, as I was told. No... I stopped, because I didn't want to feed the egos of such elitistic players, who have not enough patience to work with guildmates at a boss but expect that a new boss (Ungolok in this case) is done after... let's say: 5 wipes - in the 2. raid with some new raidmembers. Neither they were familiar with the boss nor to play in that team. There was no time given to get used to it.
    And is is NOT the same if you only read a guide or watch a video. It may help, but: Skill comes with practice!

    Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    [...]Saying all hardcore progress gamer are job-, hobby- and familyless hobos is like saying all casuals are lazy, stupid, greedy douchbags. [...]
    I agree with you in the most you wrote in this thread... I couldn't express it better. But at this point I want to counter: Casuals are often told to be that... and even want to be carried.

    Believe me, the minority wants that. The most learned already, that it is not the way to get a good player. I raided also since years at high end and know what is needed to be a good raider. But the raiders today are not the same anymore. Mostly they see a game as a job and act like that - above all when it comes to judge new raiders or even casuals. I cannot express how it hurts if you are told "What are you doing here then?" because your GC decided to take some relaxations...

    At the moment I am in the mood: Let the pro-raiders guzzle the content - there will be a time in future, where they will just need new players because Trion cannot feed them without end and many lost interest.
    The pro-raiders want to consume, the casuals want to play and have fun. It is fun to work at a boss and not only to rush through, really! And if all These high-end-pro-raiders don't want to play with casuals because they fear to be held down, they will miss playmates - not today, not tomorrow... but one day^^

    I love raiding because it means: Doing things with fun, with other players, to have challenges and to feel the pride when you managed it.

    I don't love raiding, if that means to follow some Young and urgent people who fear to loose lifetime if they don't kill an encounter in the most effective way.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts