+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ok I'll be the one to say it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post

No - Since you have 22 active wardrobe slots, you'll find... Well, each wardrobe has 7 dyeable slots (Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots, and Cape). Each of those dyeable slots can take both a primary and secondary color... So 22 * 7 * 2 = 308 locations to apply color? You can see why the unlimited use unlocks of colors might be appealing. The most extreme case is someone who has all 39 wardrobes unlocked, for 546 total locations...
    You answered the question in a much better way than I asked it, because this was exactly what I wanted to know....and I'll get a total of 15 bank tabs back, between all my characters on 2 clusters?!?

I'm like a heavy metal fan at an old school Korn concert right now!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Everything I've ready makes it sound like this will be the case, but I just want to ask to confirm -- weapon skins will be (regionally) account-wide unlocked just like other slots, such as shoulders, correct?

I ask because there's a very small number of weapons that aren't available via store, and to my knowledge, not via drops either, other than one particular moment, once per character, and so if you destroyed it, it's gone forever. The specific one I'm asking about is the same one that some Meridian guards carry, it looks like a blue-ish lantern at the top of a staff. I'm completely willing to level another cleric to 50 (if memory serves, it's from the Ceremony of Attunement chronicle the first time through) if needed to get it again, if that means my main cleric will also have access to it. (Or, if it got stuck on the store, would totally buy that.)
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

We could definitely use some more weapon skins in the store. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see the Lv 50 PvP weapons as skins. And yes, that might be good idea, as the poster above me requested, those special weapons that you can only get once per character.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #64
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Do I read this right, that we need to pay to unlock the new wardrobe system? No complaints about that, just want to know how much credits I'll have to save for it (on top of all the dyes that I probably want to buy....)
    You don't have to pay for anything, everyone gets the new wardrobe system. If there's a particular weapon or armor appearance you want that you don't have the actual item for, you may decide to purchase it from the Rift store. If you want unlimited access to a color (besides one of the very limited set of colors we plan to give to everyone) you may decide to purchase it. Existing single use dyes will continue to work if you have them. The prices for unlimited access to colors have not been set yet, so I can't give you an estimate as to how many credits to save.

Rift Chaser

there needs to be JUST ONE more thing :
    enable cross faction purchase of PvP gear, and allow us to purchase Warlord/Myrmidon upgrade cells via some kind of currency.

I REALLY want the guardian swords on my defiant rogue.

Ascendant

Thanks to Pithos for being so responsive on this feature.

I suppose that the colored slots will also use their color when left empty (without a piece of wardrobe), so that the armor you're currently wearing in this slot will show in the slot's color?

Oh, and for the most important question: is there an ETA for 3.2 yet?

This new wardrobe system looks amazing. I'm really looking forward to it.

Do you mean the baubles used to transmogrify, or the actual costume weapons that have the various looks associated with them? The baubles will still work, but not be quite as useful, we plan to stop selling them in favor of having people use the new system.
    I ment the items used in the transfomation process. Those are a shop item for credits. If they where bought with credits but safed while waiting for some wanted themed skins they are now wasted credits because why would I use those when I have the skins already in the new system. So do we have to throw them away or will there be something to do with them which only those can do like now?

Soulwalker

Existing single use dyes will continue to work if you have them.
    Does this mean the ability to craft single use dyes will go away?

O-o

Oh.

Mai.

Gawd.

*looks at her bank vault full of weapons she hoarded since level 1 and has been wasting transfiguration baubles at least once a week*

*cries happy tears*
    Serale@Faeblight

I cant wait for this change!

coy
    Telaran

Sounds that crafting dyes become almost useless and I can only craft dyes for those who doesn't want to pay credits for it.. not a big market I believe

For my personal use of the color, do I need to buy the 'unlimited use color', even if I bought and learned the receipt to craft them with my profession ages ago?

I guess I'm not quite understanding how this new system works with the current wardrobe slots. Are the slots going to still be available for purchase (or remain unlocked if you bought them with credits?), or are wardrobe slots going to be obsolete and everyone have some set number of outfits that can be created? Is this system just a 'storage' system for use in those slots that can be (or already are) unlocked, or is it a complete revamp/overhaul?
    Faeblight Forever!

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #74
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Everything I've ready makes it sound like this will be the case, but I just want to ask to confirm -- weapon skins will be (regionally) account-wide unlocked just like other slots, such as shoulders, correct?

I ask because there's a very small number of weapons that aren't available via store, and to my knowledge, not via drops either, other than one particular moment, once per character, and so if you destroyed it, it's gone forever. The specific one I'm asking about is the same one that some Meridian guards carry, it looks like a blue-ish lantern at the top of a staff. I'm completely willing to level another cleric to 50 (if memory serves, it's from the Ceremony of Attunement chronicle the first time through) if needed to get it again, if that means my main cleric will also have access to it. (Or, if it got stuck on the store, would totally buy that.)
    Yes, both armor and weapons unlock wardrobe appearances as a region-wide unlock. The designers do intend to go through and make sure some of the old armor that is difficult or impossible to obtain now is available in some way. The weapons from the Defiant Chronicle of Asecnsion are high on my personal list - I believe the first time quest gives you a choice of the iconic Defiant staff and the iconic Defiant sword... With no other alternative to obtain them. I'm not sure when it will happen, but we don't intend to keep this as difficult as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I suppose that the colored slots will also use their color when left empty (without a piece of wardrobe), so that the armor you're currently wearing in this slot will show in the slot's color?
    When you don't have a piece of armor in the slot and you have the checkbox on, it allows you to have no piece of clothing in that slot, to see your character's actual body. In this case, there's nothing to tint. If you have the checkbox off, it will use whatever item you actually have equipped, including whatever tints are on that item.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Oh, and for the most important question: is there an ETA for 3.2 yet?
    I believe Archonix said "April" during the party at PAX, and there's been nothing more exact than that. We have a date in mind of course, but we prefer to wait until it's a bit closer before we announce it, to prevent disappointment in case of any last minute changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    why would I use those when I have the skins already in the new system. So do we have to throw them away or will there be something to do with them which only those can do like now?
    The baubles will have the exact same functionality they do today in the new system. While I could argue that if you want to have the same weapon visible across all your wardrobes, a bauble would be a faster way to set that up... Realistically, we expect most people will want to use the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHouseNut View Post
    Does this mean the ability to craft single use dyes will go away?
    No, single use dyes will remain exactly as they are today (with the one change that in your wardrobe, using a dye applies to the slot rather than an item). We expect the market for them to drop though, as players appreciate the usefulness of the unlimited use unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by coy View Post
    Sounds that crafting dyes become almost useless and I can only craft dyes for those who doesn't want to pay credits for it.. not a big market I believe
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by coy View Post
    For my personal use of the color, do I need to buy the 'unlimited use color', even if I bought and learned the receipt to craft them with my profession ages ago?
    Yes, the new unlimited use unlocks are completely new. With the exception of the very limited selection of colors we unlock for everyone, and the special unlimited nightmare black dye for those who purchased it previously, you will need to unlock the new unlimited use options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lireh View Post
    I guess I'm not quite understanding how this new system works with the current wardrobe slots. Are the slots going to still be available for purchase (or remain unlocked if you bought them with credits?), or are wardrobe slots going to be obsolete and everyone have some set number of outfits that can be created? Is this system just a 'storage' system for use in those slots that can be (or already are) unlocked, or is it a complete revamp/overhaul?
    The system of wardrobe slots that exists today remains as it is - you can still unlock up to 39 different wardobes. The primary difference in this system is that instead of putting real items you like the appearance of into the wardrobes, instead you collect the appearances, like artifacts, and then put these collected appearances into the various locations within the wardrobe slot.

why couldnt you disable the wardrobe when in combat so that we can use weapons in wardrobe too?
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast