+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ok I'll be the one to say it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So proud of you bro squeeeee and all

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Tsk tsk. Filthy casual, y u no account-bound to return mail?
    LOL

Cheers for all the feedback on this Gingers & Pithos very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    I know this is stretching it a bit. But I'd like to see any weapon/shield equipable in any of the weapon slots. Meaning if I want it to look like I'm dual wielding 2 handers then I can equip 2 2handed weapons in the wardrobe slot. Or if I am DPS why can't I have a sword/shield look?
    They already said they can't have a system like this because it would be hard to distinguish players/class in pvp and open world. I'm sure other reasons aswell like animations.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    It's a great idea. Gingers suggested this early on in the development process of this feature, and we all liked the idea. Mounts and Companion pets could be included too! Sadly, we didn't have room for it in the schedule with all the other great changes in this update. Maybe in the future!
    You and Tacitus just made me the happiest girl in the world.

And I'm not even a girl.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #49
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axewerfer View Post
    You and Tacitus just made me the happiest girl in the world.
    Gingers and Mr Scary get the credit on this awesomeness. My presence on this feature is only that as a very excited player looking forward to the changes, same as the rest of you!

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe (Even more answers)

I know this is stretching it a bit. But I'd like to see any weapon/shield equipable in any of the weapon slots. Meaning if I want it to look like I'm dual wielding 2 handers then I can equip 2 2handed weapons in the wardrobe slot. Or if I am DPS why can't I have a sword/shield look?
    The reason we can't allow this with our current art assets is that some souls have abilities with animations that expect a particular type of item to be equipped. For Warriors and Clerics, some tank abilities expect the player will have a shield equipped. For Rogues, some abilities expect the player will have a offhand weapon (non-totem/book) equipped. When these items are missing, the abilities go off without any animations at all, and well, it's not a good experience, visually. As such, we need to have the restrictions you will find in place.

Quote Originally Posted by thelarry View Post
    Does this mean that you can't have color combinations locked/set for individual wardrobe sets? (Ex..you currently have set 1 all black, set 2 white, set 3 blue..etc)
    Each slot in each wardrobe set can have it's own primary and secondary color. You could make set one have black for every slot in both primary and secondary, but you could also have set two have a red and green hat, an orange and blue shoulders, a yellow and purple cape, etc, etc. The interesting point here is that you'll be able to change which wardrobe appearance is selected without changing the color, so that if you like, say, the Warrior Hammerknell armor set, you could have those pieces selected in set one (Which would be all black), and then one day, you could decide to change the appearance selections to the Cleric Infernal Dawn armor set, and it will still be all black.

Thank you for the explanation Pithos. Out of curiosity though would it be possible to use any "style" of one hander in the slots. Meaning as a warrior can I equip a staff instead of a blade? Or a mace instead of a sword?

And if so can I get those Glassteel morning stars? Whacker and Cracker?

(reference) http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Athrogate

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Each slot in each wardrobe set can have it's own primary and secondary color. You could make set one have black for every slot in both primary and secondary, but you could also have set two have a red and green hat, an orange and blue shoulders, a yellow and purple cape, etc, etc. The interesting point here is that you'll be able to change which wardrobe appearance is selected without changing the color, so that if you like, say, the Warrior Hammerknell armor set, you could have those pieces selected in set one (Which would be all black), and then one day, you could decide to change the appearance selections to the Cleric Infernal Dawn armor set, and it will still be all black.
    OMG, my bags thank you...my banks thank you...

Just to be clear...Does that mean, since I currently have 22 active wardrobe slots on my main, I'll instead have 22 active color slots, for lack of a better way to put it?
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thank you for the explanation Pithos. Out of curiosity though would it be possible to use any "style" of one hander in the slots. Meaning as a warrior can I equip a staff instead of a blade? Or a mace instead of a sword?

And if so can I get those Glassteel morning stars? Whacker and Cracker?

(reference) http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Athrogate
    I thought it was already possible to have your 1-hander transfig'd into a mace? Or at least Clerics can change their Totem/Book into a Dagger, 1h Mace, 1h Sword and probably a 1h axe too. They can also change their 2h hammer into a 2h sword, 2h axe, 2h scythe, 2h staff.

As someone who often change the appearance of equip and especially weapons this is the by far best news rift has ever thrown at me. Thanks in advance!
    But what i really really would like to see, now that weapon skins will be possible, is to reuse old weapons appearances i once had but can't get my hands on them anymore. But i guess this will be just wishful thinking?!
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Holy crap holy crap holy crap. Shut up and take my money

Are you saying each wardrobe set will have its own set of colors (only items in Set 1 will be black) or can we change the colors of that one set at anytime? from a drop down menu of colors?
    Last edited by Boase; 03-15-2015 at 12:33 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Rift Disciple

Dear Devs,

I tried to mention this a few times on the forums, and now I take this moment to give it another go ...

Could you please also consider a Wig Slot per wardrobe, would not mind to pay to unlock these.

And also maybe consider to make Race Changes we bought account/wardrobe wide, I know I would buy more to unlock if I could swap instant as my mood of the day would be.

I know I ask for a lot, but it doesn't hurt to try ...

Thanks for your time.

edit..

PS
    Is it still not possible to have a shield trans(forgotterm) into an offhand?
    Last edited by Umfufu; 03-15-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Forgot a question

Since we will get slots for weapon wardrobe what will happen to the shopitems we still have which were used for changing the weapon skins till now?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #59
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe

Out of curiosity though would it be possible to use any "style" of one hander in the slots. Meaning as a warrior can I equip a staff instead of a blade? Or a mace instead of a sword?
    Mostly, yes. As a warrior you can use a 2h staff in place of a 2h sword. Shields can only be used in place of shields. Books and Totems can only be used off hand, and only by mages and clerics. You could certainly replace a 1h sword with a 1h mace appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Just to be clear...Does that mean, since I currently have 22 active wardrobe slots on my main, I'll instead have 22 active color slots, for lack of a better way to put it?
    No - Since you have 22 active wardrobe slots, you'll find... Well, each wardrobe has 7 dyeable slots (Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots, and Cape). Each of those dyeable slots can take both a primary and secondary color... So 22 * 7 * 2 = 308 locations to apply color? You can see why the unlimited use unlocks of colors might be appealing. The most extreme case is someone who has all 39 wardrobes unlocked, for 546 total locations...

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    But what i really really would like to see, now that weapon skins will be possible, is to reuse old weapons appearances i once had but can't get my hands on them anymore. But i guess this will be just wishful thinking?!
    If you don't currently have the item, you'll likely need to obtain the item again. Many are available via the Rift store, and all should be available via gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Are you saying each wardrobe set will have its own set of colors (only items in Set 1 will be black) or can we change the colors of that one set at anytime? from a drop down menu of colors?
    See the example earlier in this post. You can change the primary and secondary for each slot in each wardrobe appearance. The unlocked colors will be available via a side pane off the character sheet (similar to the image that already went out for wardrobe appearances). Old single use dyes can still be applied to these locations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    Could you please also consider a Wig Slot per wardrobe, would not mind to pay to unlock these.

And also maybe consider to make Race Changes we bought account/wardrobe wide
    We don't have any plans to change how the barbershop related purchases work at this time, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    Is it still not possible to have a shield trans(forgotterm) into an offhand?
    Correct, shields are still shields only - this is required to make sure certain animations play correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Since we will get slots for weapon wardrobe what will happen to the shopitems we still have which were used for changing the weapon skins till now?
    Do you mean the baubles used to transmogrify, or the actual costume weapons that have the various looks associated with them? The baubles will still work, but not be quite as useful, we plan to stop selling them in favor of having people use the new system. As for the second, we currently plan to have those items still available, but with the new system, as soon as you buy it, it will result in the weapon's wardrobe appearance being unlocked, and once that is done, you'll be able to destroy the costume item (unless you have some old baubles you want to use it with).

As for the second, we currently plan to have those items still available, but with the new system, as soon as you buy it, it will result in the weapon's wardrobe appearance being unlocked, and once that is done, you'll be able to destroy the costume item (unless you have some old baubles you want to use it with).
    Do I read this right, that we need to pay to unlock the new wardrobe system? No complaints about that, just want to know how much credits I'll have to save for it (on top of all the dyes that I probably want to buy....)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast