+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ok I'll be the one to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WOW

Hoarder! Lol

This reminds me a lot of the wardrobe system in LOTRO, which is a very good thing! If this system remains as currently described when 3.2 goes Live, it will be a major boon to the RP community, and in my opinion raise "Rift" up to one of the premiere MMOs for roleplaying in. Currently I consider "The Secret World" to be the best game for RP, but considering this and the Dimension system, definitely pushes "Rift" up to one of the top three games in the genre.

My wife will be so damn happy to hear about this! She was a costume fiend back in our LOTRO days, and I expect she'll break my credit card buying outfits on the Rift Store once 3.2 launches!

'BUY ALL THE THINGS!'

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    What a relief. Most of my bank is filled with costumes.
    Same here. This is great news. A much appreciated change.

Rift Chaser

My gf and I were JUST talking about this thing this morning. This is a LOT like the magic closet in Runes of Magic which we LOVE. For her costumes are a big part of the game and the way the wardrobe was done lacked severely, so she was pretty lack luster about Rift.

I just saw this and told her and now we both are super excited. I have always said, give Trion enough time they will find the stuff that people like and put it in.... Just one more example of how they do it. Next, lets have some better looking costumes ;)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    This is a LOT like the magic closet in Runes of Magic which we LOVE.
    Yep, reminded me of that RoM feature immediately as well. Sweeet

*happy dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    How to approach dye was an interesting subject that went through a number of revisions. Our current plans are this:

Dyes items that you have right now will function almost exactly as they do right now, with one small difference. When you apply a dye to your wardrobe, you're actually applying it to the primary or secondary color for the slot, not the item like you used to. We feel it's a fair tradeoff that instead of permanently applying the dye to an item, you are permanently applying the dye to a wardrobe slot instead. An example of what I mean by this would be the primary color for the gloves in your third wardrobe set.

However, the bigger news is that we're introducing a new system for applying dye that will allow you to permanently unlock, for all characters on your account, unlimited uses of colors (like the Unlimited Nightmare Black Dye) at a one time cost. A very limited number of colors will initially be unlocked for everyone, and we intend to make the rest will be available for credits, with a price that varies based on the desirability of the color. Some may be available via crafting as well - this, as well as the pricing of these unlimited use colors are still under discussion and development. We feel that charging for this new, unlimited use color system is a fair way to continue to fund the development of Rift, and hope you'll choose to unlock your favorites.
    This starts off as a "What the hell? That sucks!" but quickly turns into a "Ohhh, sweet!" moment. What I mean by that is that the idea of the dye being applied to the slot is awful in that maybe the colour I'm using on one piece in the slot is not the colour I want an another piece in that slot, i.e. the brown I'm using on one of my Guardian's chest pieces right now is not something I want on her other chest pieces because it doesn't look good. As I keep reading and see about unlocking dyes, it sounds more similar LOTRO's mounted combat dyes where you unlock a set of colours for, say the mount's mane & tail, and you can choose from those unlocked colours what you want the mane to be and what you want the tail to be, so we will get to choose the colour of our chest piece instead of being stuck having to use brown on all of them.

Will level restrictions still be in place in that you can't add a piece to your wardrobe if you are below level or is that out the window along with the soulbound part?
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

Soulwalker

My inventory loves this change. Max wardrobes, max bags, max bank vaults...
    Ok I'll be the one to say it.-2015-03-14_104014.jpg
    Free space at last!

What will happen to all the current dyes in circulation now? For example, if I have some Dark Rose Dye sitting in my inventory, and that color becomes one of the credit purchasable dyes, do I take the loss on those dyes (considering they take a shard to craft, it is a loss) and they become useless?

For wardrobes that are already made and dyed with non-standard dyes (the ones that will be free for all), do those pieces and slots keep that color? Or do I end up with non-dyed items in those slots and take the loss for the plat/materials I spent for those dyes in the past?

Love this change to the system though, I adore the helmet skins in this game and have soooooo many in my bank.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe (More answers)

Quote Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
    Will level restrictions still be in place in that you can't add a piece to your wardrobe if you are below level or is that out the window along with the soulbound part?
    No level restrictions. Once the item enters your inventory, the wardrobe appearance unlocks for all characters on your account in the same region (EU or US).

Quote Originally Posted by Crykette View Post
    What will happen to all the current dyes in circulation now? For example, if I have some Dark Rose Dye sitting in my inventory, and that color becomes one of the credit purchasable dyes, do I take the loss on those dyes (considering they take a shard to craft, it is a loss) and they become useless?
    Those dyes continue to work as they do today. They are single use consumable dyes that can be applied to a single part (primary or secondary) of an actually equipped item, or to a single part of a wardrobe slot (for instance, the primary color for your gloves in your third wardrobe set). Nothing is becoming useless, though the prices at which you can sell dyes to other players may change. There will still be a market for them to players who do not want to spend credits.

For wardrobes that are already made and dyed with non-standard dyes (the ones that will be free for all), do those pieces and slots keep that color? Or do I end up with non-dyed items in those slots and take the loss for the plat/materials I spent for those dyes in the past?
    Wardrobes that you have already made and dyed will be preserved exactly as they currently are, when this system goes live. If you've already got your wardrobes setup exactly how you want them and don't want to change anything, the only difference you'll notice is that you're being mailed all the real items from your old wardrobe so that you can sell/runebreak/salvage/destroy them, as you see fit.

Love this change to the system though, I adore the helmet skins in this game and have soooooo many in my bank.
    Glad you like it! I have a ton of helmets too and can't wait to get some bank space back from them.

This makes me so happy
    on my main I have all bank tabs and they are full of wardrobe and I'm working on buying all the wardrobe slots to.

I'm working on getting all wardrobe slots for my alts as well but my poor alts have been used as wardrobe slots for my main and I'm working on getting again all bank tabs for my alts too

So this is an awesome change for me ....So much space

I must be stylish when I raid

So thank you soo much for this.

What is happening with the dyes like the exceptionally pink dye i have bought and used a few months ago? I guess this color doesn't unlock for me right? I have to buy it again for the unlimited use?
    Last edited by simpa1988; 03-14-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    What is happening with the dyes like the exceptionally pink dye i have bought and used a few months ago? I guess this color doesn't unlock for me right? I have to buy it again for the unlimited use?
    You'll get a very limited set of dyes unlocked. I'm guessing it won't include any Exceptionally dyes.
    However, you can still use your single-use dyes if you want. The Credits-thing is only for unlimited unlock.

Also, anyone with the Exceptionally Nightmare Dye will have that unlocked.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    As you've used the dye, you've applied it to an item. If that item is in one of your wardrobe sets at the time of conversion, then that dye (in addition to remaining on the item you applied it to, which will be mailed back to you) will be applied to the wardrobe slot where you had the item equipped. For instance, let's say I have a robe, in my 3rd wardrobe set, and I used the exceptionally pink dye for the primary color on it. Once the new system goes live, if you go to your wardrobe, and look at the chest slot, you'll see that the primary color for it is pink. The one new feature is that you'll be able to change to a different chest piece (for that third wardrobe set) and you'll still have exceptionally pink as the primary color for it.

The new unlocks (it may help to think of them as unlimited "dye buckets") are different than the dye items that currently exist in game. The only dye related unlocks that will occur automatically are the very limited selection of colors we're giving everyone to start with and the unlock for the equivalent of the unlimited nightmare black dye if you have purchased that in the past. You will have to obtain (in most but perhaps not all cases, purchase) the appropriate new account-wide unlock for unlimited use of any other color.

I know this is stretching it a bit. But I'd like to see any weapon/shield equipable in any of the weapon slots. Meaning if I want it to look like I'm dual wielding 2 handers then I can equip 2 2handed weapons in the wardrobe slot. Or if I am DPS why can't I have a sword/shield look?

I'm a dwarf fanatic. My favorites being Athrogate and Bruennor. While Rift doesn't have morning stars (that I've seen) I'd still like to have an axe and shield combo like Bruennor.

Does this mean that you can't have color combinations locked/set for individual wardrobe sets? (Ex..you currently have set 1 all black, set 2 white, set 3 blue..etc) It appears from what you said that there's just a "master" color slot so-to-speak that all wardrobe sets get set to when you equip them so you'd have to manually set each piece if you wanted a different color for a particular set.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    For instance, let's say I have a robe, in my 3rd wardrobe set, and I used the exceptionally pink dye for the primary color on it. Once the new system goes live, if you go to your wardrobe, and look at the chest slot, you'll see that the primary color for it is pink. The one new feature is that you'll be able to change to a different chest piece (for that third wardrobe set) and you'll still have exceptionally pink as the primary color for it.
    thelarry@greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast