+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ok I'll be the one to say it.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Yes it will free up a lot of bank/bag space for players! Don't go deleting your items now though.

Although the system is still a work in progress, I can tell you it has been very fun to go through and build my wardrobe sets.
    Last edited by Gingers; 03-13-2015 at 04:56 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe (New details)

Talked with Archonix, and he suggested I answer a few more questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Just one question I have in mind right now: If you have equipped for stats a 1h+oh, can you put a 2h as your wardrobe appearance with the new weapon wardrobe slots in your wardrobe sets?
    No. You will be able to put items in each of the "weapon" slots, and it will automatically pull the correct ones based on what you have equipped. If you're using a 1h + oh, it will use whatever you have in your wardrobe in those slots. This makes it easier for people like warriors and clerics who switch in and out of tank (with shield) and non-tank (with offhand or 2h) specs to set up a complete look. This is important because certain abilities require certain types of items to be equipped in order to play their animations

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    1) What happens to current wardrobe items?
    Your current wardrobe items will be mailed back to you via in game mail. Before mailing, all your (new non-item) wardrobe sets will be set up exactly the same as the old ones they are replacing. In addition, all of these items will automatically be unlocked in your wardrobe appearance collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamol73 View Post
    With that in mind will there be an option where selecting a chestpiece for example will automatically equip all the matching items from that set which you currently have, and highlighting those which are missing?
    We've talked about a variety of ways of doing "set" functionality, and while we can't promise it for the 3.2 launch, we hope to have at least basic support (showing sets and which items belong to them) shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    So the current wardrobe items we have how they are supposed to be collected and free our space?
    You'll need to keep them until 3.2 launches, but once the new system is live, any items in your inventory, and any items you acquire will automatically have their wardrobe appearances unlocked. At that point, you'll be able to delete / sell / runebreak / salvage all those old items!
    Last edited by Pithos; 03-13-2015 at 05:04 PM.

I demand someone record Boase's reaction when he/she reads this thread! haha

You'll need to keep them until 3.2 launches, but once the new system is live, any items in your inventory, and any items you acquire will automatically have their wardrobe appearances unlocked. At that point, you'll be able to delete / sell / runebreak / salvage all those old items!
    Surely you have to equip the item (soulbind them) to unlock, if just putting them in your inventory unlocks them you may as well just give everyone all of the world drop armour sets now!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE*

*if you notice, this notice, is not worth noticing.

Ok, this looks incredible.

Is there any chance of getting title equips to our wardrobe sets as well? I don't want to manually swap from 'Tideweaver Kintara, Scourge of the Seas' to 'Burglar Kintara, Gaucho of the Gorge' every time I switch from my pirate costume to my western one.

Rift Disciple

With the pieces being shared by all characters, how will this affect the way dyes work? For instance, I currently have the same piece on more than one character, but dyed to be different colors for each individual character. With the item now shared, when I apply a dye will that shared piece now only be available to my characters in the new color or will there be a way to still maintain individual colors for each character?

I'm so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Axewerfer View Post
    Ok, this looks incredible.

Is there any chance of getting title equips to our wardrobe sets as well? I don't want to manually swap from 'Tideweaver Kintara, Scourge of the Seas' to 'Burglar Kintara, Gaucho of the Gorge' every time I switch from my pirate costume to my western one.
    I would love this. Would help a lot with RP (not even direct RP, but personal immersion; I keep one title on my character just because I don't like the process of switching up at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Kronung View Post
    With the pieces being shared by all characters, how will this affect the way dyes work? For instance, I currently have the same piece on more than one character, but dyed to be different colors for each individual character. With the item now shared, when I apply a dye will that shared piece now only be available to my characters in the new color or will there be a way to still maintain individual colors for each character?
    I think the way it looks, is that the dyes apply to only the character you want them to apply on. I think. Will need dev confirmation. Basically I think you're good...

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I would love this. Would help a lot with RP (not even direct RP, but personal immersion; I keep one title on my character just because I don't like the process of switching up at this point).

I think the way it looks, is that the dyes apply to only the character you want them to apply on. I think. Will need dev confirmation. Basically I think you're good...
    That's my main reason for wanting it. I've been playing for so long at this point that I have well over a hundred different suffixes, and a couple dozen prefixes. It's a pain trying to find the right ones.

I'm very excited by this. It reminds me a bit of LotRO's system.

For those unfamiliar with LotRO's shared wardrobe cosmetic system, here's a description:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Wardrobe

Under that system, a dye is applied to an item and saved as an option in a drop-down list as "available." Maybe something like that?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Is there any chance of getting title equips to our wardrobe sets as well?
    I am not an RPer, and I still think this suggestion is an awesome suggestion.

I just tossed it into a company chat channel, but as it is 9pm on a Friday, I will try to bring it up again on Monday. I would caution as a sudden off the cuff suggestion (even an awesome one), even if it gets approval, I would not expect it for 3.2.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I am not an RPer, and I still think this suggestion is an awesome suggestion.

I just tossed it into a company chat channel, but as it is 9pm on a Friday, I will try to bring it up again on Monday. I would caution as a sudden off the cuff suggestion (even an awesome one), even if it gets approval, I would not expect it for 3.2.
    I'm not an RPer as well and love this idea to bits.

Wardrobe - Title - Mount: The three things that tie together the most swish Rift adventures even the afk ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Hahaha! Boase for Wardrobe President!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Default Re: Wardrobe (More details!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xamol73 View Post
    Surely you have to equip the item (soulbind them) to unlock, if just putting them in your inventory unlocks them you may as well just give everyone all of the world drop armour sets now!
    Nope! At the end of the day, we wanted it to be relatively easy to collect a wide range of appearances, including those on items you can't actually equip yourself. We considered other ways of solving this, including sacrificing or destroying the item to unlock it, but in the end, we decided to keep it simple, and just unlock wardrobe appearances by getting the item with the appearance in your inventory. Have fun and enjoy!

It's a great idea. Gingers suggested this early on in the development process of this feature, and we all liked the idea. Mounts and Companion pets could be included too! Sadly, we didn't have room for it in the schedule with all the other great changes in this update. Maybe in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronung View Post
    How to approach dye was an interesting subject that went through a number of revisions. Our current plans are this:

Dyes items that you have right now will function almost exactly as they do right now, with one small difference. When you apply a dye to your wardrobe, you're actually applying it to the primary or secondary color for the slot, not the item like you used to. We feel it's a fair tradeoff that instead of permanently applying the dye to an item, you are permanently applying the dye to a wardrobe slot instead. An example of what I mean by this would be the primary color for the gloves in your third wardrobe set.

However, the bigger news is that we're introducing a new system for applying dye that will allow you to permanently unlock, for all characters on your account, unlimited uses of colors (like the Unlimited Nightmare Black Dye) at a one time cost. A very limited number of colors will initially be unlocked for everyone, and we intend to make the rest will be available for credits, with a price that varies based on the desirability of the color. Some may be available via crafting as well - this, as well as the pricing of these unlimited use colors are still under discussion and development. We feel that charging for this new, unlimited use color system is a fair way to continue to fund the development of Rift, and hope you'll choose to unlock your favorites.

As a side note: Those players who have purchased the unlimited nightmare black dye will be happy to know this color will be automatically unlocked for them in the new system as well. We also intend to unlock a limited number of appearances based on past achievements - for instance, if you've completed the achievement "Conqueror: Drowned Halls", which awards the costume item "Helm of Hydriss", we're intending to unlock this wardrobe appearance for you, even if you've deleted or destroyed the item already.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Thanks for answering our questions Pithos! That sounds pretty fair on the dye unlocks requiring some Credits since this is a huge improvement and the rest of the system is free. I'm already going to save Credits from not having to buy transmog baubles; plus - the way I see it - we spend Credits on various limited-time, one-use Exceptionally dyes already. Making them unlimited use sounds like we're actually getting a huge discount.

Looking forward to the changes

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://i.imgur.com/kZOhYA9.jpg
    Tsk tsk. Filthy casual, y u no account-bound to return mail?
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-13-2015 at 11:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast