+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: in-game parade glitch

Telaran

Default in-game parade glitch

In Eastern Holdings and in Kingsward (near the Armory), the parades get tangled up on each other and become stuck. The Eastern Holdings clog-up has been that way for literally DAYS.
    Is there anyone paying attention at Trion to the screw-ups going on with your event pathing? Fix this so the stupid parades actually walk their routes...

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    In Eastern Holdings and in Kingsward (near the Armory), the parades get tangled up on each other and become stuck. The Eastern Holdings clog-up has been that way for literally DAYS.
    Is there anyone paying attention at Trion to the screw-ups going on with your event pathing? Fix this so the stupid parades actually walk their routes...
    They used to fight each other, which was actually a lot more fun

Seriously?

There's enough people in eastern holdings for this to warrant a thread? The only people I see in SL zones now are bots.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

They don't pass through each other? That's weird. I watched two parades just walk right through each other in another zone but they were the same faction so maybe that's why, I don't know.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    First, in the future please remember that such information can be relayed more politely.

You ask if we are paying attention, and yes, we pay attention to many things. But am I following along all the various parades on their various routes across all the various servers to see if some of them become mysteriously caught up on something again? No. I am currently building Hammerknell Instant Adventures because it seems a better use of time. ;)

Thank you for your report that this is still happening. The set up for these parades is CRAZY complicated, much more than you might think. For all the speculation about why the parades are no longer hostile this year - this parade route hang up is the one and only reason for the change. It was a hail mary pass to see if it could fix an issue that is hard to repro internally and takes some time to repro in a Live environment. It seemed a better alternative to just removing the parades entirely - which was on the table because finding a solution for these random hangups is potentially that much of a rabbit hole of lost time. It might still be on the table.

Time will tell if they get removed or rebuilt for the 5th year Carnival when much more time is expected to be devoted to the event.

In the mean time, if you are looking for the cores distributed by the parades, I suggest some of the routes in the old world. I did spend some time following a few in the Old World over the weekend, and they seemed ok, at least for the times I checked on them.

+ Reply to Thread