+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is April 12th a bit too soon for T2 raids?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenfate View Post
    What is the realistic probability of new gear and so for being launched on April 12 anyone know or is this just smoke and mirrors?
    New armor appearances are ready, gear is in progress I believe.

Rift Disciple

I think it's not too soon, but you can probably count on a week or two delay. If it's anything like the original, the only gating involved will be clearing the 3 wings downstairs to open the upper level (which was later removed and required only killing the first boss).

I personally think the game needed something like this to spice things up a bit. HK was a landmark in RIFT history and unquestionably the best, largest and most engaging raid dungeon to date in the game, hopefully this rehash will live up to the original and make amends to the lacking 20man raids as of late.

Was eager for a new instance with multiple wings and over 10 bosses, though didn’t expect a rehash but it’s better than no content at all or waiting another 6 months for new raids. Will be interesting again to see guilds racing for different wings/bosses for a change. Just wish that it’s not faceroll but tuned right to make it last awhile.
    Last edited by Niarb; 03-09-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Too soon

Please delay the raid to ensure the best quality.
    Its too soon, let the raiders have t1 on farm for alittle while atleast before releasing.

Ascendant

I don't know about too soon but not excited for recycled content again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We'll have a new testing procedure this time, and a forum for discussion of testing feedback.
    Could you elaborate what exactly the new testing procedure is?

Plane Touched

We'll have a new testing procedure this time, and a forum for discussion of testing feedback.
    Can you already give details on what that procedure will be?
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesfang View Post
    Hello all,

so there has been much hype this weekend with all the announcements in Rift. Brand new calling, new zone, and even our return to Hammerknell. This was all exciting news, and made me look foward to pushing hard with progression in my guild.

However, there was a wave of disappointment when I heard that T2 will arrive as early as April 12th!? Personally I love the pace of Trion's content and usually want it sooner but in this case, with it being only a month and it isnt even on PTS concerns me. I remember back in base Rift most of its content sat on PTS for atleast 2 months before being released. Since it is a re-polished instance I understand why it shouldn't need that much testing but its something that I thought should be considered.

The thing that concerns me most is that the next tier of content is being release while majority of RIft's player base have not even finished current T1 raids! Many guilds are still working through Mount Sharax, and I'd guess 70% of guilds probably havent even had the chance to step into Tyrants Forge. I feel this will put a lot of pressure on the casual guilds or guilds currently rebuilding since they are falling behind in content by large margins.

It seems like this move is catering towards the more elite guilds of the game, since they were able to plow through most of the content already and had the opportunity to farm it consistently. I fear that if this fast paced raid content continues people will be overwhelmed and begin to not care, ultimately leaving the game.

Am I alone in this concern? Does anyone else think this release is a bit too soon?
    Let me know what you guys think, please no flaming, I want to just point out my opinion on this announcement and how it affects the game.

For those of you curious as to where I got my information on the release date, you can find it in the audio link here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7rz...ature=youtu.be

Go to 2:15 for HK info and T2 release date.
    It is too soon.

This game in general seems to cater to exclusively top 3-4 guilds in the entire game at their respective guild focus fields. Everything from content to some spec designs etc., its all heading in that direction. This seems to me as a general design flaw, which not only brings out the problems that you pointed out, but in addition too many things in the game are just too "amateur", because the devs seem to listen and focus exclusively on their feedback while ignoring the majority of playerbase.

Many guilds are already feeling the pressure just from the announcement and people are already getting divided because of it.

This is bad.
    Last edited by Shouku; 03-09-2015 at 12:30 PM.

New armor appearances are ready, gear is in progress I believe.
    Will this lead to a new currency?

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    Could you elaborate what exactly the new testing procedure is?
    Archonix mentioned it before - they'll basically have a new sub-forum within the Public Test Shard forum. Instead of having feedback via Skype, all feedback will be made public in this new raid testing sub-forum.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5016094

RIFT Guide Writer

Asking us to post feedback in a forum is not a testing procedure
    Acuta - Apotheosys

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'm pumped! As a fresh re-rolled again 65 the thought of my fave raid zone in Rift coming back gives me a boost of confidence to work on my rusty "get out of bad" skills and I'm glad new players get to experience what blew our minds way back when.

Is April 12th too soon? Since its familiar content I see more positives than negatives boosting raiding moral on mains and alts so I don't think so. At the end of the day I cannot fathom what it took to revamp this wicked zone as Im not sure who originally designed it is still part of the team but I appreciate the Devs listened and offered this while they work on new stuff.

I also cannot imagine how the heck anyone manages to balance the demands of us online adventures who get through stuff so quickly while encouraging more rewards and content to do together in an MMO for everyone else. So brave.

Oh man the memories...
    #thatsicarontakeadumpandrunflashback
    #thathealthetankwhileeveryonerunsinacircleoflazord oomflashback

Quote Originally Posted by Seonronpeth View Post
    Maybe we should focus less on the loot drops and more on the fun of gaming?
    we're talking about raiding, here: clock in, do your (2nd) job, clock out.

"Fun" has been progressively patched out of Rift in favour of encouraging players to grind all areas of the game, rather than just playing the bit they enjoy the most.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Touched

I think its a little too soon, but that could be because we are only 3/4 rof and havent started on the 20 mans yet, although it looks like we may start MS this coming Saturday
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    we're talking about raiding, here: clock in, do your (2nd) job, clock out.

"Fun" has been progressively patched out of Rift in favour of encouraging players to grind all areas of the game, rather than just playing the bit they enjoy the most.
    QFT. I used to really enjoy Rift but between being forced to raid if I want to be competitive in the aspect of the game I do enjoy pushed me away. The real slap in the face was when trion allowed cheaters to resume playing, as if nothing happened. If that incident alone wasn't enough to show you that trion cares only for the top 1% of their PvE community I don't know what is
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Rift Team

Default Is April 12th a patch day? No.

I just wanted to point out that April 12th is a Sunday - not a day we'd deploy a patch unless something went incredibly wrong. I believe people listening to the video may have misunderstood "April as well" as "April Twelve".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast