+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling Incoming.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #91

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    We already have four callings that can tank, heal, support, and do damage. If they add another one, there will be five callings that can tank, heal, support, and do damage.

There are dozens of other things that I would prefer to see in the game (new zones, new dungeons, new *fun* zone events, interactive dimension items, ...). A new calling is absolutely unnecessary.
    New zones, new dungeons, and new zone events all would take different folks than the people who are working on the new calling. There's a dozen or more different skill sets on the team, a guy who works in systems rarely focuses on content and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyxstra View Post
    TBH I would have preferred a new race over a new calling, very disappointed, will now go to my corner and pout for awhile
    On a unrelated note, a new race is many orders of magnitude more work than a new calling. The animations especially are absolutely brutal in their requirements. And if you do a race, do you make it Guardian or Defiant? or do you make it a choice for both? Or do you make another new race to matc (and double the work)?

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #92

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    I'm pretty certain this is not going to be something that'll happen in this expansion, it'll most likely be something for the next gear reset, so that you actually can start a new fresh character and everyone would be on the same page.
    We're definitely trying for this year. The schedule is ambitious, but the RIFT team is very very capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're definitely trying for this year. The schedule is ambitious, but the RIFT team is very very capable.
    I want to play......I mean test it NOW :P

Testing a new calling sounds quite more interesting than a single soul...a lot more space for changes/tuning
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

So Ocho, appreciate you jumping on the thread. Do you know who is actually working on this calling?

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #95

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    So Ocho, appreciate you jumping on the thread. Do you know who is actually working on this calling?
    More than one dev will be involved in the end I'm sure. Ultimately they'll announce who is publicly the point of contact at the appropriate time.

Why put in a new calling?
    Every class can already do everything. I'm still fairly new to the game, but it seems pointless to put a new calling in at this point?

More than one dev will be involved in the end I'm sure. Ultimately they'll announce who is publicly the point of contact at the appropriate time.
    Understandable, thanks!

New calling: Aethertech

Plane Walker

Maybe they'll finally release some new souls in this calling that can take advantage of the games permastealth code. I've always thought it ridiculous they went through all the trouble of making good stealth code that can only be used by rogues. And no Light Refraction was never a good use of the code outside of the Rogue and has gone less used by Warriors than a quadriplegics treadmill.

I imagine the price of those instant 60 pots will jump when the calling is finally released, for those who still have it.

Ascendant

New zones, new dungeons, and new zone events all would take different folks than the people who are working on the new calling. There's a dozen or more different skill sets on the team, a guy who works in systems rarely focuses on content and vice versa.
    Ah, thanks for the lesson on how skill sets work in software development. Nevertheless as a customer I'm not really interested in how you can make the optimum use of the devs you have - as a customer I want to have a fun product. And content is far more important to me than a new calling (that will do exactly the same things as the four existing ones already do). So my point still stands. Not that you need to care about it, I'm sure the new calling will be as OP as overpriced and net you some really big bucks (plus tons of QQ on the forums that will be lots of fun to follow )

The schedule is ambitious.
    Does the schedule come with fries? Wait...

<Check notes>

Sorry, old Garfield joke.

Anyway, I hope this new calling really knocks some socks off, because right now my guild has only 15 active members left.

But that's my short two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I want to play......I mean test it NOW :P

Testing a new calling sounds quite more interesting than a single soul...a lot more space for changes/tuning

[IMG][/IMG]
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Champion of Telara

Would rather have the broken existing souls fixed rather than a new calling. Every current calling currently has more than 1 broken soul that is little utilized or can only be utilized in a hybrid. (Archon, Tact, etc) Also Itemization - either there will have to be a new stat set up or you're going to create itemization issues with AP\SP by creating a new calling that uses one or the other (unless it uses both), which will lead to a re-balance in the RNG drops screwing over the two callings that do not use the same stats.

I'd rather the time be spent fixing the existing callings.

Quote Originally Posted by NewNameNeeded2 View Post
    Why put in a new calling?
    Every class can already do everything. I'm still fairly new to the game, but it seems pointless to put a new calling in at this point?
    Because while every class can fill every different role in a group, a new Calling could do it in new, fun ways. We currently have the four major archetypes represented - Warrior, Mage, Cleric, and Rogue - so the question is, what Calling could they add that would be fundamentally different than these Archetypes, so as to make it worth adding to the game? I'm thinking some sort of Engineering class, with Souls that refine it down to more specific regimens (Artillary, Robotics, Mechpilot, etc, etc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast