+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PAXEast after party!

Rift Chaser

a new calling... i hope its not locked behind a paywall and is not pay to win....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    http://youtu.be/m7rzHOXOCdU Enjoy, It's Audio only but I'm excited for the new souls can't wait to see them.
    I appreciate the audio, but listening to it is like watching the Zupruder film.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    a new calling... i hope its not locked behind a paywall and is not pay to win....
    You can bet it will be and honestly it should be, thats a expansion like feature. So probably 30 bucks or something.

A new calling and all the work that goes into making the souls to go with it is a tremendous amount of work beyond what the live team normally does. You don't work for free I assume?
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-07-2015 at 02:16 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Wish I could've made it the after party, but a few thousand miles and a pretty large body of ocean kept me from driving there. If only I'd had that bike!

I hope they will do something similar in europe soon.

Trion didn't come to europe for 3 years, hope to see them at gamescom this year.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    Such innocence

Shadowlander

New calling better be Engineer! It fits perfectly with the defiant technology, sourcrstone, and ETH backgrounds.

Engineer opens up possibilities for an entirely different play style and could introduce pistols into the game. ;)

Soulwalker

Just had to same that was an amazing party thrown by Trion at Pax East. The food and drink was way more than I expected and the giveaways were fantastic. The 4th anniversary mount is sweet looking and as far as I could tell the Budgie you can get from leveling up in Trove to level 20 is very nice. Personally I havent been a budgie fan but I like the dark color combination on this one.

My GF also won a bonus prize in Trove, and I got a statue of a hellbug from defiance. I was so excited to go meet and talk with all the people from Trion. But after going to the party I was even more impressed than expected and again wanted to thank all of Trion for putting on such a great party.

The photo booth with all of the games as backdrops was a cool touch, and all the extra info the game developers gave out in private conversations was awesome. Cant wait to see some of the new stuff coming out, like the wardrobe overhaul!!, and dread some of the nerfs too :-( ....LoL

I hope Trion comes back next year, I will make sure I pen that date in for sure!! Thanks again for an awesome night all around :-)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    Oh great, can't wait to see a third raid tier that takes place in HK.
    Do we know for sure that the second raid tier will be HK and only HK? What if HK and the Arak raid took place in the same tier? That would be boss overload, but I bet it would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp
    By the way, what's the in-game justification of adding new souls? Who were the people these people originally belonged to? Which historic Mage was the Harbinger?
    Each of the souls added since release have had background stories you can read online. In most cases though, rather than being based on historic characters, the new souls are based on the findings of Ascended in the present, or the interaction of Ascended with the Lycini, Caretakers, and Architects - the two exceptions are Oracle and Physician which both traveled back in time via Orphael's Failsafe or by challenging the goddess of fate (implied?).

Quote Originally Posted by Reburth
    New calling better be Engineer! It fits perfectly with the defiant technology, sourcrstone, and ETH backgrounds.

Engineer opens up possibilities for an entirely different play style and could introduce pistols into the game. ;)
    I would so be down for that. Chemical engineering for sweet explosions, mechanical engineering for badass turret-mount-things, biological engineering for shape-shifting... maybe with some ironman-esque battlesuits and a side of martial arts and magical rune fiddling. The Architect-based soul, the Storm Legion-based soul, the Onir-based soul, the Occulon-based soul, and some monk and gunslinger themes thrown in :P
    Last edited by Gloea; 03-07-2015 at 12:42 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I hope they will do something similar in europe soon.

Trion didn't come to europe for 3 years, hope to see them at gamescom this year.
    We really like that idea. No promises yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    There were a couple other reveals, but I did not write them down and don't remember clearly enough, so I do not want to spread false info. I did mention my concern about the lack of fan site people at the party to Ocho, and he mentioned the possibility of making an announcement with the same info next week.
    Archonix has a letter coming for you all on Monday with a bit more details.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    There were a couple other reveals, but I did not write them down and don't remember clearly enough, so I do not want to spread false info. I did mention my concern about the lack of fan site people at the party to Ocho, and he mentioned the possibility of making an announcement with the same info next week.
    "Most" fansite people keep in touch with whats going on especially with PAX events being annually but in Rift quite a few aren't in America, have things going on stopping them from travel, aren't making money from their fansite efforts to pay for this kind of trip or checked the weather....

That being said a calendar would be great letting us know where the Trion Away Team will be hitting well in advance as I'm sure they would know in advance to be able to book a party vs not holding a party at a certain event for better choices to choose what destination and a better chance at booking travel and accommodation (etc)
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-08-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hote View Post
    New calling? We have 1 calling per armor type, Possibly another armor type? No Armor maybe? Like old school monks. Or maybe something like 'massive armor' Something heavier then Plate. What about some sort of magical armor, like runes. What about weapons? Fists? Any ideas? What could make them unique and unlike any of the other callings right now. NEED. MORE. THEORIES. What if it comes out at the same time as the 'Planetouched Wilds' and has something to do with controlling small parts of the planes?

NEED MORE THEORIES.
    Let's go with no armor but runic tats that glow depending on the skill. Iron fists with spikes. Or a magical staff that elongates with attacks. A cloud for a mount. Actually has it's own spells like lightening bolts and rain. New skin colors to go with the tattoos.

Oh well...

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #43

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    "Most" fansite people keep in touch with whats going on especially with PAX events being annually but in Rift quite a few aren't in America, have things going on stopping them from travel, aren't making money from their fansite efforts to pay for this kind of trip or checked the weather....

That being said a calendar would be great letting us know where the Trion Away Team will be hitting well in advance as I'm sure they would know in advance to be able to book a party vs not holding a party at a certain event for better choices to choose what destination and a better chance at booking travel and accommodation (etc)
    Ultimately we let you know as soon as we can, but that is after the venue contract has been fully approved and signed and all the other details are worked out. That being said I don't think* this will be our last appearance this year. Prost!

*No promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    You can bet it will be and honestly it should be, thats a expansion like feature. So probably 30 bucks or something.

A new calling and all the work that goes into making the souls to go with it is a tremendous amount of work beyond what the live team normally does. You don't work for free I assume?
    It's like some people forget that all of Rift's actual content is free, as opposed to other sub or "f2p" games...

That said, I'm dubious. I'd rather see more souls for the existing callings, and sold not as a bundle but individually (with a graduated pricing scheme so a single soul is more expensive than two, etc.). But it doesn't matter: I'll remain curious; if it doesn't interest me, I just won't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Raid spaces, yes, not so likely with dungeon spaces. It needs to be able to support up to 20 players and give me space to do something other than just kill mobs.

Like disarming traps!
    Attachment 22547
    Seriously, the only way these 'old' raids can be made new again is to add different elements to them, but the one thing that you really need to have is allowing mounts to be used in these huge cavernous dungeons. Please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast