+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PAXEast after party!

t2 = Return to HK.
    t3 = the stuff that's getting data-mined (Lord Arak raid).

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    http://youtu.be/m7rzHOXOCdU Enjoy, It's Audio only but I'm excited for the new souls can't wait to see them.
    Fantastic! Thank you very much for providing the audio! For IAs it sounded like they mentioned dungeons and raids, not just HK IA?

As for "Return to Hammerknell Fortress" - if the announcer didn't make a mistake that means it won't be a carbon copy scaled up because that's what "Intrepid" are for. "Return to" has slightly different mechanics or new mechanics added on (like Return to Deepstrike or Return to Empyrean Core). Looking forward to it!

Ugh... I spent enough time in HK back in classic. Just because it was popular doesn't mean I want to see it recycled again. Despite all the complaining they do make interesting new raid content. I would much rather see new things than all these "return to X" and intrepid versions.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 03-06-2015 at 08:48 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Fantastic! Thank you very much for providing the audio! For IAs it sounded like they mentioned dungeons and raids, not just HK IA?

As for "Return to Hammerknell Fortress" - if the announcer didn't make a mistake that means it won't be a carbon copy scaled up because that's what "Intrepid" are for. "Return to" has slightly different mechanics or new mechanics added on (like Return to Deepstrike or Return to Empyrean Core). Looking forward to it!
    Yeah, I keep on asking them question when I was there They made it easy to talk to and for me it's very hard to talk to people, I'm to shy never talk 90% of the time. So I have them a + 1 on top the party more making it easy for me
    Last edited by Zaber; 03-06-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Ugh... I spent enough time in HK back in classic. Just because it was popular doesn't mean I want to see it recycled again. Despite all the complaining they do make interesting new raid content. I would much rather see new things then all these "return to X" and intrepid versions.
    well, "return to x" type content allows them to keep old content fresh while they work on new content. This way, they can pump out "newer" content quickly while developing truly new stuff. It's a lot of work and man hours to make new content from the ground up. I'm happy that they do stuff like this to offer something to do in the meantime and still get some great gear to boot.

Plane Touched

Yeah, I keep on asking them question when I was there They made it easy to talk to and for me it's very hard to talk to people, I'm to shy never talk 90% of the time. So I have them a + 1 more making it easy for me
    I agree, they were all really easy to talk to and it made the party that much more fun. It was great to interact with the human side of Trion and not just via chat on a twitch feed. I haven't met many companies with such great products that are willing to spend actual time with their audience like Trion does.

Ascendant

It sounded like they were saying the IA's are almost like the LFR that has been hashed out and screamed about in the other thread, what I was hoping for. He mentioned PUGing and stuff so I think thats it. The Return to HK sounds like its something else and that sounds equally exciting. It sounds like the Lord Arak raid might be Tier 3 something after PTW comes out.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan1975 View Post
    well, "return to x" type content allows them to keep old content fresh while they work on new content. This way, they can pump out "newer" content quickly while developing truly new stuff. It's a lot of work and man hours to make new content from the ground up. I'm happy that they do stuff like this to offer something to do in the meantime and still get some great gear to boot.
    I can excuse it for a dungeon or even a 10 man... An entire raid tier though? Raid tiers last between 6 to 9 months on average. As much as I love HK and trust me I do, I don't want to spend yet another 6 months minimum running past those same eagle statues. I also understand that development is not easy or cheap. Raids are basically a vanity that doesn't make them money but are made for a small part of the player base that enjoys a challenge. I really believe this just boils down to them listening to players nostalgia over HK.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

For IAs it sounded like they mentioned dungeons and raids, not just HK IA?
    Raid spaces, yes, not so likely with dungeon spaces. It needs to be able to support up to 20 players and give me space to do something other than just kill mobs.

Like disarming traps!
    PAXEast after party!-hk_iadv.jpg
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Nice! Can't wait for the new raid-zone IAs Love the afk feature too!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Raid spaces, yes, not so likely with dungeon spaces. It needs to be able to support up to 20 players and give me space to do something other than just kill mobs.

Like disarming traps!
    Attachment 22547
    traps you say? veryyyyyy interesting.

I really hope you guys do one in PBB. I never got to see much of the inside of that aside from the chronicle.

I can't wait to start poking this on the PTS with my testing stick!

As for new callings, it goes without saying I'd definitely be down to testing those as well. That sounds like alot of work cause each calling has what, 9 souls now?
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-06-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

And don't forget keep hearing the Audio, is about trove and rift and a mount. Unless people got that is late here, and my jaw hurt a little Funny part, I left my house around 3:30 thinking that was far, I got there to soon let says 1 hour and a half to soon, so I had to walk around and explore around then come back
    Last edited by Zaber; 03-06-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Rift Chaser

Oh great, can't wait to see a third raid tier that takes place in HK. As if I needed more reasons not to raid.

And a new calling? You couldn't even properly implement tank gear for mages and now there's going to be characters that need to be geared up from nothing? You want to implement 10 new souls that have to be balanced with every other calling?

The only thing I have slight confidence in is that the 5th calling is going to fit into the simple aesthetic of Warrior/Cleric/Rogue/Mage.

By the way, what's the in-game justification of adding new souls? Who were the people these people originally belonged to? Which historic Mage was the Harbinger?

And don't forget keep hearing the Audio, is about trove and rift and a mount. Unless people got that is late here, and my jaw hurt a little Funny part, I left my house around 3:30 thinking that was far, I got there to soon let says 1 hour and a half to soon, so I had to walk around and explore around then come back
    My highest is only Level 5 :< Used to have a Level 10 but it was back in Closed Beta I think so it got purged.

My highest is only Level 5 :< Used to have a Level 10 but it was back in Closed Beta I think so it got purged.
    If you get gear with + jump you can speed run dungeons, it may take you a day if you have very long free day if not a few days it may take, I have not test if I can do 1 to 20 in a day.
    Last edited by Zaber; 03-07-2015 at 12:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast