+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended 2015

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    CotA never lets me down on how laughably bad the grind is.

Even the cape that use to be like 50-100 beads is now 300 tickets.

lol Think each item is worth $3-5 each? NNNNOPE! Next event!
    That is the sad truth about world events in the post F2P Rift. It's also why I pretty much refuse to participate in world events now because of the incorrigible gating put in place.

If someone wants to grind out x amount of hours for y currency, let them. It doesn't mean that they're not going to have a reason to participate in the recurring events because they might have some/most/all items already.

The gating shenanigans is such a damn turn off. And I was someone who grinded out the first and second CoTA. This just makes me disappointed.

Plane Touched

Default Event UI

The event does not show up anywhere on my UI, the previous one did(archlight flyer) yet the festival of the ascended does not..

Some friends cant even play the games.....

Sooooooo, anyone else have this problem, and is anything being done about it??

Also are patron getting a free 4 yr cake or do we have to buy it from the store instead of getting any benefits for being a loyal PAYING customer?

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    You only get this if the character has never done this quest any year.
    The quest is not there, period. I just started playing this game about three weeks ago. Riftgrate claims anyone can do the quest but it awards a ticket for those who have done it previously.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by kurgannazzir View Post
    the quest is not there, period. I just started playing this game about three weeks ago. Riftgrate claims anyone can do the quest but it awards a ticket for those who have done it previously.
    so its a bug?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ariwen View Post
    so it's a bug?????
    Possibly; I'm not sure since I'm new to the game and not sure how it's supposed to work, I was only going by what I read in a guide. Someone at Riftgrate brought up that maybe the quest doesn't appear until after finishing the do 50 games quest, which I wasn't able to finish due to illness (got to 30), so I'll try that to see what happens.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That is the sad truth about world events in the post F2P Rift. It's also why I pretty much refuse to participate in world events now because of the incorrigible gating put in place.

If someone wants to grind out x amount of hours for y currency, let them. It doesn't mean that they're not going to have a reason to participate in the recurring events because they might have some/most/all items already.

The gating shenanigans is such a damn turn off. And I was someone who grinded out the first and second CoTA. This just makes me disappointed.
    I'm mostly in the same boat, although I still do the weekly for the Doubloons, but that's about it now. Ever since the costs for a single item went up, I basically minimized my participation/grind in the event.

I know some people grind it out still, either manually or with script though.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #52
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
    The quest is not there, period. I just started playing this game about three weeks ago. Riftgrate claims anyone can do the quest but it awards a ticket for those who have done it previously.
    That quest only existed to hand out a crate that no longer exists. As the crate has been removed from the game, so was that quest.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    That quest only existed to hand out a crate that no longer exists. As the crate has been removed from the game, so was that quest.
    Ah, okay. Thanks. Riftgrate had it as giving an anniversary cake for those doing the quest for the first time and I was craving sugar. :)

Quote Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
    Ah, okay. Thanks. Riftgrate had it as giving an anniversary cake for those doing the quest for the first time and I was craving sugar.
    Yep, my apologies; I've removed the quest from the guide. Wouldn't have minded a free cake though :P

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Not that I am aware of (in Goboror), but with next week's patch, I have reduced the GR boss HPs by half. They were WAY out of whack.

I am also going to try and smooth out the objective ramping of kill quests in GR. Right now, you have 1-2 players and it is 8 normal mobs, add 1 more player and you need 10 normal mobs plus 4-5 more scaling Empowered mobs. That jump in difficulty is not smooth at all, and I intended to address that. We'll see if I get it in tomorrow for next week's patch.
    omg, please.. put these changes in A-S-A-P
    Bro do you even Rift?

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post

I'll give them a little defense (or is it? lol)
    Their events, even before going F2P weren't terribly good either.
    The carnival has ALWAYS been a massive grind, just worse every year.

I'd say their only good even was their first one. The River of Souls one. Everything after that as just been added grind.

But yeah, it's just gotten worse and worse every event.

Maybe the developers just see these events as an extra grind (as well as now a way to make some extra cash) and don't see them as I view them, as things that pop up that are a break from the regular grind. Something that should be a fun distraction and not just an intense grind for vanity stuff.

If they didn't want us with high level gathering skills to do the Materials for floats quest.. Why did they send us out to talk to the Quest giver? Glad I finally found out why the items aren't dropping, thought it was bugged or my UI was messed up.
    I don't give a dam fer a purson as can't spell a werd more than one way.

Soulwalker

Hello, Today I finish 10hr carnival mission with lvl 9 minion with critical success. The mission was called “Hunt for Hidden Pinatas” : the rewards included Carnival earth mask, Auroral Doubloons x 1, 2 carnival foods, 1 Dimension item, 14 Glass Beads and Fae Yule Gift of Giving relic one. In the Fae Gift has Fae Yule Grab Bag, Unique Snowflakes 50, Dark Ice Bell, lvl 60 Epic Shoulders and Infinity Stones.

Hope this will help. Have a nice day.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendx View Post
    Disappointed that you can't gather mats with toon who has gathering skill over 375...
    I agree
    I was happy last carnival to collect those, and mass some amount of glass bend, but now
    Please an emergency hotfix, since i dont want restart all over again leveling gathering prof, and this is the best way to get glass bends

inb4 1 week extension to actually make the event work
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast