+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended 2015

No, it's 2 phases. 1 dubloon phase 1 and 2 phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    AT what level can you do the races in shimmersand?
    Not exactly sure on the minimum level, but the races in Shimmersand only begin in Phase 2, which is next week.

At the moment, however, the first week is broken as far as the materials dropping for the crafting part of the carnival. Some folks can pick up the quest but can't get any drops, then there are a few folks able to get the drops but can't pick up the quest.

At this point, if Trion waits until next Wed to fix this event, we won't be able to complete everything in the first week's portion.

No new items for dubloons this year either, so if you have the prior years' items purchased with dubloons there is nothing to do with them.

what is this I don't even

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Hope a dev will confirm but I think it's around 3 to 5 weeks in 2 phases
    There are 3 Doubloons possible this year, one each week of the event.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

So it's different from last year apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It is possible to easily get 20+ Doubloons this year though simply farming 10hr carnival missions. Just gotta wait for the missions to come off CD and with lvl 25 minions making sure to always match BOTH atributes 18 & 7 with RNG to hopefully get 6 stars for a doubloon!
    Last edited by Turntablist; 02-26-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: <3 math

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Thanks for the info Tacitus. It was 2x Doubloons per week of the 2nd Phase last year. So we've gone from 5 Doubloons to 3 Doubloons. I guess that's okay since there's nothing new that requires Doubloons.

Just a question: Is there any way that you could make the new Level 65 essences Bind on Account? Would be fantastic!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    So it's different from last year apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Thanks for the info Tacitus. It was 2x Doubloons per week of the 2nd Phase last year. So we've gone from 5 Doubloons to 3 Doubloons. I guess that's okay since there's nothing new that requires Doubloons.
    Yes, it is different than last year. Last year, it was supposed to be 1 in phase 1 and 2 in phase 2. It was broken between the factions, so an extra quest was added in week 3 balance things out, which resulted in the 5 Doubloons when the intent was 3 (one mount).

This year, I fixed it so there are 3 quests, one for each week, each giving one Doubloon. Technically, they are not "weekly quests" but still the normal world event one per phase quests. There is an invisible (non-player facing) third phase that unlocks the 3rd quest for the last week of Carnival. Also, each week, the previous Doubloon quests are still available, so a player that misses a week can catch up.

Just a question: Is there any way that you could make the new Level 65 essences Bind on Account? Would be fantastic!
    That would be a question for Archonix - perhaps ask during tomorrow's live stream?

I have not much to do with the itemization of the world event items.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Plane Walker

The 176 res essences on the store are pretty meh, I got it because it was better then what I had. Any chance they could be ajusted or is there a better essences from the event?
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

I see plenty of new masks and pets I'd like to collect this year, but nothing I want to spend my doubloons on. I visited Rakim the Thrifty <Moneychanger> in Meridian, and was at first so pleased to see that I could turn in one doubloon for a Prize Ticket Bounty (50 tix). BUT! It appears you need PYRITE doubloons, not Auroral Doubloons, which are the currency for this event.

Is this as intended, or should I be able to trade one Auroral Doubloon for 50 tickets?

thanks!

Telaran

probably intended

pyrite doubloons were the original currency, later it became auroral doubloons
    this is probably a courtesy to the players who still have the old pyrites but never had any use for them.

Telaran

20+ doubloons is most likely not gonna happen.. and why would you anyways?

I would think it is like the snow adventures.. that gave maybe 7 ice crystals (or whatever that currency name was)

And there are not that many things to buy with doubloons, so you may not need them either.

Essences do not necessarily have to be BIS.. it is an easy way to get a good essence if you're not grinding the bis ones or NMRs.

the special mats such as ultra thin hide are apparently not dropping for anyone with harvest skill over 375. From what I heard, that is being looked into.
    All quests, including the mount race in shimmersand should be doable by level 10, that has in the past always been the minimum level requirement for World Events.

The Promo events, such as the arclighter are level 30 required.

What are people's thoughts about the carnival so far?
    Enjoying it or not bothering?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Shadowlander

Disappointed that you can't gather mats with toon who has gathering skill over 375...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast