+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crashing and rolling back on entering water from below

Soulwalker

Post Crashing and rolling back on entering water from below

I've now crashed four times when entering water.

What I've been able to figure is:

1. It's always when I come at the water from below, I've not crashed yet entering from above.
    2. I've now "rolled back" (at least, in my position) twice. When going from the central palace area to the Tarken Ascent, I've crashed when entering water on the Ascent, and then I returned and was at the Lost Knot portal. Also of interest, when I've returned to the game I've had a "breathing" bar going down. It gets to about halfway before it disappears.
    3. I've been on the Hellbug mount most times; although I've also crashed when using the bouncer next to the portal near the Drumheim Ghar station with the Manugo machines. This dismounts me before it lifts off, so I don't think the mount part is mandatory. (I've seen another thread which blames the new mount but I don't even have that mount).
    4. This has only been happening since the recent patch. It's been fine until now. And I've not installed any Windows updates or changed drivers since well before this problem started, so it's a Rift change not a driver/update change that's broken Rift.

Please fix, crashes are quite annoying :-).
    Last edited by Grotlek; 02-21-2015 at 03:19 AM.

I just crashed (client) when entering water from above on my Cobalt Thresher. Like described above, my position was "rolled back" some distance before I entered the water.

Like a brave soul, I went again along the same path, into the same water and crossed without event. This has NEVER happened on my shark... he was made to go in the water.

Call the exterminators, clean the cupboards and squash this vermin lurking in your code.

Crashed multiple times in the Nightmare Coast Expert upon entering the portal after Aky, got rolled back a few steps too.

Default Same

This thing is happening to me too. Crashed about 5-6 times now.
    1. When I went to Well in GB to pick up the daily
    2. When I came back to turn in the daily
    3. During Codex when I jumped in to water etc.
    When I relog back in sometimes I can see the "Breath" bar

NOTE: I can swim normally even dive a bit as long as I keep my camera above water it doesn't crash, as soon as I move the camera underwater the game crashes.
    Last edited by Latan; 02-21-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Shadowlander

Just had this happen in Goboro. Went underwater to forage something and when I came back up and was about to leave the water game crashed. No error or anything, just instantly exited game but when I reentered I didn't have rollback. Was still right at the shore about to leave the water.

Well, the crash happened to me too... Goboro Reef, on my way to a daily quest position on my shark, jumped at "full speed" right into the water and crashed.

Restarted the game, and i was in the water and could finish the daily quest without any crashes.

Just tried with an alt. character the jump from the Sanctum brigde for the achievement, no problems here... in and out of the water without any crashes.

Last edited by Schneeball; 02-21-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

The team is working to track down the crash issues. Thank you to those who have posted specific details. It's a huge help to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeball View Post
    Well, the crash happened to me too... Goboro Reef, on my way to a daily quest position on my shark, jumped at "full speed" right into the water and crashed.

Restarted the game, and i was in the water and could finish the daily quest without any crashes.
    This happened to me several times yesterday at the very same location..jumping into the water to do the dailies near Ghar Station only to see a "crash report" box pop up. Each time this happened I sent the report but it is getting very old.

It started on my character a couple of days ago..right after the patch.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 02-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    This happened to me several times yesterday at the very same location..jumping into the water to do the dailies near Ghar Station only to see a "crash report" box pop up. Each time this happened I sent the report but it is getting very old.

It started on my character a couple of days ago..right after the patch.
    I can not even send a report, every time i try another error message shows up, and i can only choose to send it later... have to write the message down, when the next crash comes around.
    and thank you.

Rift Disciple

1. ran in to the water top speed on cobalt shark in goboro reef to zap sharks for the daily, crashed. rolled back to where i ported in at the porticulum but still had the quest. mounted up, ran back to the quest area, stopped before the water. WALKED on to the water surface, no crash. went about my business.

2. had just zapped a pair of sharks, was at 3/6 on the quest, UNMOUNTED, and swimming in the area to find another set of sharks. had gotten attacked by a non shark mob and started swimming away because the mob wasn't worth my time. targeted a shark to zap, hard crashed. came back to where I had been, still at 3/6 on the quest. Mounted on my shark, rode away under water, no problems.

Finished the quest and had no problems. A wonderful friend gifted me the in-store lifter and warned me that it had been causing crashes in the water so I wasn't using my present as a mount, was very surprised to find that I crashed on my shark, and then without even being mounted at all. So wanted to let you all know, it may have to do with owning the lifter (odd), but may more likely have to do with the code for the lifter if that wasn't already part of the live code. No idea.

Both times I was able to submit a crash report, and so I did, and relaunched the game. Just to test things, when I finished my daily I mounted on my lifter, under water, and went 'slowly' up to the surface, and rode back to turn the daily in ... no problems at all.

When jumping down in the water in Tyrant's Forge, half the raid crashed. Happened both in our main raid and in the alt raid I'm attending. In the alt raid, someone could tell it happened the same to their main raid as well.

I also had a crash on my own when entering water in Goboro.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    The team is working to track down the crash issues. Thank you to those who have posted specific details. It's a huge help to us.
    I tested something before I quit the game today, I was standing next to the water not in it, zoomed out and then slowly moved my camera down in the water.
    The game crashed.

I've had a few mount related water crashes too, and this one seems a little different...

occasionally I play a VK spec in Codex, i'll target someone at the dex flag, and then while mounted, ride off the edge of the cliff and void summon a handful of enemies off with me, landing in the water below. hardly a new trick, been doing it literally for years...

until yesterday/today, whereupon hitting the water crashed my game.
    note I'm unmounted by this time, but only just recently unmounted as its the use of the void summon ability that dispels my mount, barely a moment before hitting the water.

this happened multiple times during multiple codex matches.
    the mount in question was the Rokox (i've had other water related game crashes on the new disc mount too).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I just crashed while doing the SLE Empyrean Core.

We killed the 4th boss, then as we jumped into the pond to fix the cores... I crashed as soon as i hit the water.

... crashed again in Goboro Reef, and i can not send a report:
    Error 2005:0152
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast