+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Arclight Infiltration known issues

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Arclight Infiltration known issues

Hello everyone! I'd like to address the issues that some of you are having with Arclight Infiltration.

Rarely and randomly, we've noticed that progress is being reset on the Daily Quest Activating Arclight Attractors: Long and Short. The good news is that we do know what's causing it behave incorrectly, and are working diligently on a fix for it. In the meanwhile, if your progress gets reset, the quest can still be completed by regaining the lost progress a second time. I'm very sorry for this, because I know how frustrating it can be, but I do want you all to know that we hope to get it addressed as soon as possible.

For the achievement Lifter Larceny, we know there's an issue that's preventing players from completing it on their alts. A fix for this is coming in next week's hotfix. As long as that character has completed the other two achievement requirements, all you'll have to do is log in and Lifter Larceny will autocomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    For the achievement Lifter Larceny, we know there's an issue that's preventing players from completing it on their alts. A fix for this is coming in next week's hotfix. As long as that character has completed the other two achievement requirements, all you'll have to do is log in and Lifter Larceny will autocomplete.
    Since my minion is already lvl 5 how can I retrieve that achieve? It shows up on one character but not account wide, but can't go back and redo the leveling phase since he is already past that.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

. As long as that character has completed the other two achievement requirements, all you'll have to do is log in and Lifter Larceny will autocomplete.
    I addressed this is the paragraph you quoted. You will no longer need to do the level 5 minion requirement. If you do the other requirements, it will complete the achievement next update.

Rift Disciple

Hello everyone! I'd like to address the issues that some of you are having with Arclight Infiltration.

Rarely and randomly, we've noticed that progress is being reset on the Daily Quest Activating Arclight Attractors: Long and Short. The good news is that we do know what's causing it behave incorrectly, and are working diligently on a fix for it. In the meanwhile, if your progress gets reset, the quest can still be completed by regaining the lost progress a second time. I'm very sorry for this, because I know how frustrating it can be, but I do want you all to know that we hope to get it addressed as soon as possible.

I don't understand what you mean by regaining the lost progress a second time. I have had it reset from 1 back to zero three times. Do you mean that if I do complete it a fourth time it will give me credit no matter what the counter says?

Edit: Nope, 4th time complete and back to 1/4. This is *extremely* disappointing.
    Last edited by Dio On Endless; 02-20-2015 at 07:20 PM.

I addressed this is the paragraph you quoted. You will no longer need to do the level 5 minion requirement. If you do the other requirements, it will complete the achievement next update.
    Thank you for pointing that out...I was reading it differently when I wrote my note so totally misunderstood your explanation.

Thank you very much.

Well, I guess you ought to disseminate this information to your customer support teams then because when I filed a ticket yesterday to request this section of the meta-achievement be advanced on my alts the response I got back (around two hours after your post was made) was this...
    Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I greatly apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you, however we have been unable to identify any malfunction in regards to "Lifter Larceny" at this time.
    ...and suggesting that if I thought it still wasn't working right to file a bug report. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Telaran

What about the adventures simply not showing up? Tooltip says one is added to each deck, I have had the attractor minion out all day long and running 5/15 minute quest the entire time, not a single of the event adventures has shown. Either they are broken or the odds are ridiculous. They showed yesterday for me with massive amounts of adventurine spent to shiffle but I have yet to see any show without the expense.

----
    ok, time to rest the eyes. That's 14 hours of 5/15 minute adventures with the attractor minion out on adventures the entire time. Not a single event adventure showed.
    Last edited by Trillistar; 02-21-2015 at 02:32 AM.

the quest can still be completed by regaining the lost progress a second time.
    Daily Quest Activating Arclight Attractors: Long and Short keep resetting
    main did 3 times
    from 1/4 to 0/4
    from 2/4 to 0/4
    from 1/4 to 0/4
    with no reasons
    I like this game

Telaran

Either I am doing something wrong or I am very unlucky becasue I have not seen any of the minion missions, I don't understand how this can be classed a daily. Life is too short to worry about these promotional events just for another mount so I have already abandoned it and will not bother with any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Well, I guess you ought to disseminate this information to your customer support teams then because when I filed a ticket yesterday to request this section of the meta-achievement be advanced on my alts the response I got back (around two hours after your post was made) was this...
    Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I greatly apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you, however we have been unable to identify any malfunction in regards to "Lifter Larceny" at this time.
    ...and suggesting that if I thought it still wasn't working right to file a bug report. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    I had a very similar response to my tickets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhegis View Post
    Either I am doing something wrong or I am very unlucky becasue I have not seen any of the minion missions, I don't understand how this can be classed a daily. Life is too short to worry about these promotional events just for another mount so I have already abandoned it and will not bother with any others.
    To be honest the only promotional event that seem really worth it, and that worked like it was supposed to was the Mechanized Temporal promo that had the Red and Blue walker mounts. Everything else since then has either been a chase to get nothing, or just way too far out in left field to even bother with.

SPOILER: You need to send out Jineth on any old adventure. Once he's busy, THEN your other minions will be able to uncover the promotional adventures. They show up in the 5/15, 8hr, and 10 hr stacks.

However, there are many problems with the quests. Here's my issue...
    Yesterday, I sent out Jineth, and ran five 8 hour missions with other minions, and didn't get a single promo mission.

So, I did the exact same thing in the afternoon, and finally got one on the fifth 8 hour mission.
    That's 10 missions in a 16 hour period, and only one promo.
    So... either I'm incredibly unlucky, or there's about a 1 in 10 chance of getting an 8 hour mission.

If this is the case, and we need TEN of them to get the achievement, then this will take 10 days all by itself. This doesn't include the number of 10 hour missions, (which I have never gotten even one of), and the fifteen 5/15 missions, (which I only have 4 of in three days).

The promotion is seven days long.
    Why have a promotion that only gives you half the time needed to successfully complete the achievements?
    It makes no sense.

Another issue...

I've never even seen the "Long and Short" quest giver. I have [Activating Arclight Attractors: Promotional], and can do the daily [Arclight Reaqcquisition], but there doesn't seem to be a quest giver that offers me the "Long and Short" one.

All in all, this promotion seems broken on many different levels.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 02-21-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    I've never even seen the "Long and Short" quest giver. I have [Activating Arclight Attractors: Promotional], and can do the daily [Arclight Reaqcquisition], but there doesn't seem to be a quest giver that offers me the "Long and Short" one.
    The quest giver that gave you the Promotional quest also gives out the Long and Short quest. You can pick one or the other for your "daily" quest. If you already have the Promotional quest you will need to finish this, hand it in and then wait for the daily reset until the Long and Short option will appear. If you don't want to do that you can decline the Promotion quest and go back to quest giver. Either way you can only have one or the other at any one time.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 02-21-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Shadowlander

Rarely and randomly, we've noticed that progress is being reset on the Daily Quest Activating Arclight Attractors: Long and Short. The good news is that we do know what's causing it behave incorrectly, and are working diligently on a fix for it. In the meanwhile, if your progress gets reset, the quest can still be completed by regaining the lost progress a second time. I'm very sorry for this, because I know how frustrating it can be, but I do want you all to know that we hope to get it addressed as soon as possible..

So i've done the 5/15 promotional mission 5 times and the quest counter has reset every time. So I guess I should just keep doing it then and hope it counts the completions correctly? No thanks.

Telaran

I second the possibility there is a bug in how the promotional missions work in the 5/15 and 8hr decks. All I have done since this Promo went live is run 5/15 and 8hr with Jineth out on mission and there are times when it seems like the deck breaks. I've spent over 20K in adventurine so far. I have 133 minions (107 are max level 25), all 6 slots and started with 35K adventurine and still have very little chance of getting the new minion. Here is what it seems like is happening.

You send Jineth out on a mission, run 5/15 and you usually get Propulsion within 8-18 mission(which I personally think is too high). Leaving Jineth out you continue sending out 5/15 missions but this time it takes double 16-36 missions to get another Propulsion. Then it seems like you never get another one or it takes so long to not be worth it, so I claim Jineth and send out again and low and behold get a mission in 8-18 and repeats. I ran out of adventurine trying to test this with the 8hr missions but the same thing appeared to be happening.

So either its a real crappy RNG system or there is some kind of diminishing returns, considering I've killed Pyrestorm 40+ times and still havent got that card my guess is crappy RNG system.

If someone has enough stamina on their Jineth, might try refreshing the mission in between Promo missions.

Also, I finally got the bugged Daily completed last night after 16 straight hours of running missions and have it reliably and consistently resetting the progress on 0/4 unlike what the DEVs claim it to be rare and random, but I did notice something weird and it might be coincidence but I got tired of looking at the World Event/Promo Event in the Quest Tracker so I turned it off and it stopped resetting the progress after consistently doing it all day long took another 2 hours but got it complete finally.
    Last edited by Winkell; 02-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast