+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonk

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Content in the Calceron Sea

Rift Chaser

Default Content in the Calceron Sea

For the event Aphogglach the first objective is 'Complete Content in the Calceron Sea'

There are lots of blue objective dots on the map but going to each of them all I find are a few other bemused Ascended with nothing to do?

Is the event bugged, or is there some trick to finding this 'content'?

General of Telara

Are you actually in the sea (the area above normal content)?

To access the sea you will need to take a bumper lift that is next to some ports (sorry don't recall their actual name).

Rift Chaser

Yep, was in the sea (or on the icebergs). Think the event must have been bugged because it eventually timed-out.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post
    For the event Aphogglach the first objective is 'Complete Content in the Calceron Sea'

There are lots of blue objective dots on the map but going to each of them all I find are a few other bemused Ascended with nothing to do?

Is the event bugged, or is there some trick to finding this 'content'?
    This is tied to randomly spawning event areas in the ocean above Draumheim. Basically in these spots marked by blue dots there is a chance for random events to spawn (not just during the world event, they happen all the time randomly). These usually involve a shipwreck and killing pirates and such. Need a couple people to do these as they are usually 65 elites. Anyways with the world event you have to do X number of these areas before the final stage will trigger where you fight the collosi. For he purposes of the event you need to split the main raid off in to small groups and search each area to see if the a event is up (you get a content progress bar on screen if it is). Not saying it wasn't bugged but more likely no one found the spot that had the event up.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-15-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

There is also a daily in Margle Palace that sends you to do 3 of these activities. I tried a couple of times, visited all the icebergs, traveled to every shard, and usually found nothing - so this Calceron activity thing is either bugged, or it's complete random if there is an activity at all.

Usually this event is not worth the time anyway, since it a) sucks and b) most people ignore it. I did it today on a twink, helped with 3 of the 10 activities, stayed for the whole 15 minutes of the boss fight, and at the end all I got was ~200 void stones, and not even an achievement. It was neither fun, nor worth my time.

A poorly planned event and a very poorly planned daily... you need 2+ players to do the daily as the mobs are lvl65 elites that travel in packs, they are 'trained' to attack anything on the ship or iceberg, so even if you are fishing they chase you all over. The event seldom gets players involved because of the problem the OP pointed out... you go the hot spots and there's nothing there, do you wait? Do you look all over for action? Or... do you go back to what you doing before and forget about a lame event?
    I Rift, therefore I am.

I was wondering the same because I saw a couple of this event lately and they always ended with timing out at 0/10..
    Last edited by IAlwaysDie; 02-15-2015 at 04:33 PM.

General of Telara

One other thing is the activity isn't always exactly at the marked location. You may have to move around the area a bit (and remember it is a 3D space). You will know you are in the right area when the progress bar appears on the screen.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Default The Calceron Sea

There's a bug with content in the Calceron Sea right now, in that it seems to get stuck sometimes - either not starting new objectives, or ending up with objectives that can't be completed. I'll bring this up with the people responsible for this content tomorrow. Until it's fixed, your best bet for experiencing this content is right after the server downtime each week.

When the zone event is running and the content is working correctly, each of those blue dots is a potential content location. Just run / swim past them and you'll quickly find one that is active that you can take part in. Some are quick, some are cute, and some (but not all!) require at least a couple people, so you may want to bring a friend. There's a decent mix of activities here for players to take part in.

+ Reply to Thread