+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Turntablist
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By zartosht
  • 1 Post By regall

Thread: RDD article! Do YOU like to explore as much as I do?

Default RDD article! Do YOU like to explore as much as I do?

Our lovely Kiwidream over at Riftdreamdimensions.com wrote up an article about me today and I thought I would share it with you all. She really had a tough time combing through all the randomness i've said to her and did a terrific job at putting it together. During the article are some slideshow widgets showcasing some of my screenshots i've taken of various incredibly hard to reach areas. Also near the bottom is a link to my imgur albums that show the rest of my pictures.

http://riftdreamdimensions.com/?p=8386

I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as she enjoyed writing it! If you would like to know additional information on how to reach some of those areas or would like me to show the areas myself please feel free to shoot me a whisper turntablist@greybriar Being a high elf/bahmi rogue helps A TON but I can also do a group summon & friend summon if you really want to see a certain area.

I was also thinking a second ago if anyone had any ideas of a certain area they would like to see? Perhaps a hard to reach area you always try to get up to but can't? Or a out-of-bounds area you wouldn't mind seeing? I'm always up for suggestions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hey Turnface!

It was hard to condense for sure but loads of fun putting together.

I didn't put that you attribute Sonoko as being one of the main reasons you were encouraged to enjoy adventuring across Rift as much as you do and yes I've praised you like no tomorrow knowing every high achievement point player is just the bee's knees with similar adventuring qualities so maybe any of these guys and gals might be encouraged to share some adventures here on your thread as well?

Maybeeee you can do a "Where's Turnface?" (Wally) with a Rift twist?

Good luck and always, have fun!

Plane Touched

Really awesome imgur gallery in that article.

i deleted it
    Last edited by regall; 02-27-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Shadowlander

hmm I like exploring but i just end up running into invisible walls so the exploring aspect of the game is immersion broken on the first hill climb. 'is there an artifact on that mountain? no just an invisible wall'

its fun going around and finding all the mapping errors though, like floating prefabs and water brushes poking through walls. its amazing how extremely easy is it to get stuck in some places. leveling up a profession today i must have ran into various cordons and nearly got stuck a dozen times.
    Last edited by heathy; 02-17-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Had fun showing ya around Zar! There are a few ways to get through invisible walls that I know of/Have been shown. I can't go into detail though because the devs would love nothing more than to fix the methods and add even more graveyard teleports(Looking at you Mathosia starting area!!!!).

I would love to do a Where's Turnface style thread with prizes but i'm not sure how easily that could be done with keeping up the prizes. I know in the past Trion used to hold weekly competitions that required players to find a miscellaneous gray item that is dropped off a mob and they'd give clues about it. They also sometimes had a weekly thread that showed a picture with a dev in a specific spot and first people to post pictures with their character in that spot won a title. Same thing with the random gray item. If the dev team would like to provide me some codes or some swag to give away I wouldn't mind going out there and start capturing pictures to get people exploring areas in Rift they don't usually see anymore ;) Only thing that would be hard most likely is finding spots EVERYONE can get to . There are many many additional spots high elf/bahmi rogue/warriors(thunderous leap ability) can reach that others cannot!

+ Reply to Thread