+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Dream Soul pack is too expensive

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by MagCynic View Post
    Remember that I'm arguing from a gamer who likes the game. I want to pay money to Trion. I've purchased plenty of things for Rift. Just because the Dream Soul packs move at a good rate, though, doesn't make it right. That's like saying Justin Beiber is a talented musician just because he sells millions of records.

Trion would've had my money already if they just let me buy the pack for straight cash instead of overbuying credits to buy the pack. I'm actually very receptive to all of the reasons you're giving me and other gamers. It's the overbuying of credits that is ticking me off the most.

You price something at 5000 credits but make it impossible to buy just 5000 credits. Thus, you actually force them to buy more credits than they actually want to. Can't you see why that would piss most rational people off? Can't you see the illogic in that?

This is all somewhat irrelevant, though. Trion isn't going to decrease the price based on one post on their forums. I'm stuck grinding out platinum for Rex to eventually (someday maybe) buy that last role I need for my mage.
    Well, if you want to buy the dream souls directly, I'll go ask why that isn't supported on our website right now / make that someones job to make it happen.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by MagCynic View Post
    ...That's like saying Justin Beiber is a talented musician just because he sells millions of records.

Trion would've had my money already...
    ROFLCOPTER!!!! THAT was just too good to pass up!!! LMAO!

I completely agree with your position on this matter. However, there is another way of looking at Trion's Rift credit pricing structure. Look at the "extra" (left over) credits you buy as that much fewer you will need to buy the next time Trion has something in the store you want.

Unless you're like me and are afraid of accidentally clicking the credit button ingame instead of the plat button....? I did that twice by mistake. It still ****** me off.

Oh well.

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    If you do not see the value in the souls in the price they are at, you certainly have the option not to purchase them.

Many users see the value in the souls and have purchased them, and continue to purchase them every day.
    ~Daglar
    Who are these suckers purchasing the soul packs for these kinds of prices?! I am frustrated at the cost as well, but I've resigned myself to wait until they come down in cost to something much more reasonable. I only have time for one character, and my rogue is unable to heal without the soul packs. If they don't come down to a cost I feel is fair, then I just won't purchase them and I'll never heal.

That being said, it'd be nice to see these packs purchasable someplace other than just the in-game store. They have a quite a large impact on the game. I was surprised too that the more expensive versions ($50 and $150) Nightmare Tide expansions didn't have some form of these souls in them as well. Most people who purchased these likely already had the souls, but it seems like it'd be great incentive for new players to take the plunge and invest a little more.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogz4Life View Post
    Who are these suckers purchasing the soul packs for these kinds of prices?!
    Me.

-why?

Because I can...

Shadowlander

Sorry for the bad english

+ SL Souls
    + Dream Souls
    + Rift Store
    + CE
    + Patrons
    + Rex

I understand that a company have to make money. More money = more money!

I wish know how things work on Trion.

Just get a new generation game for PS4/XONE/PC, or even PS3/360/PC. The developer spend 2/3/4 years creating a full game like TES/Dragon Age/The Witcher. Then it sells by 50/60$ for any plataform and you dont have to spend any money for the rest of your life.

I know that standard games for consoles PCs (not MMOs) have a different development then MMOs. I know hat standard games sell very much more then MMOs.

MMOs have server costs (ops...a lot of games multiplayer for consoles and PCs have server cost too, probably not so high like MMOs...but it have..and we dont have to pay anything more then the initial price by the game O.O)

MMOs need more employees to keep game online / costumer service / developers to fix bugs and manage the game.

Rift was not free2play all the time. The vanilla and storm legion come with a lot of collectors edition / monthly payment / buy2play.

When you start to think. is REALLY hard understand why a Dream Soul pack (4 souls) need to cost almost the same price then TES Skyrim or Dragon Age or GTA, or any other FULL standard game. lol

They work 3 or 4 years in Skyrim. 3/4 years without money entering in the bank from the company. Then they sell it and everything got fine.
    But Rift cannot keep up with all full money gained while was buy/pay2play / patrons / rift store / sl and dream souls / collectors edition. With all that stuff selling ALL DAYS, you still need sell a pack with 4 souls for 58% of the price from a FULL GAME bigger then one full expansion from Rift (maybe two lol)?

If Trion cant low those prices because your profit, they should review all the production/manage process again, because someone inside the company are getting some $$$ without someone knows ;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kordhaldrum View Post
    Sorry for the bad english

When you start to think. is REALLY hard understand why a Dream Soul pack (4 souls) need to cost almost the same price then TES Skyrim or Dragon Age or GTA, or any other FULL standard game. lol
    no it's not hard to understand or at least for you. Those games you mentioned will sell in millions of copies. The soul packs wont...only in thousands. They need to keep a high price to earn enough $$$ to be able to pay bills and salaries.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ultraaviolett View Post
    The soul packs wont...only in thousands. They need to keep a high price to earn enough $$$ to be able to pay bills and salaries.
    That's true. =D
    But they dont sell only Dream Souls...Rex/SL souls/Patrons/Rift Store stuff/Collectors Edition.
    They have a big shop selling a lot of stuff all days. Of course that they dont earn so much money like a blockbuster like GTA or TES. But the flux is continiuos. Rift Store are 24hs open. Ppl get patron / rex / rift store stuff all the time.

You talk like Trion only earn money from Dream Souls pack lol.

Even that CE 150$ on NT, that i think it would not sell almost nothing, and every place you go there is someone with the Shark.

Please, lets not treat Trion like a poor think that need soooo much money >.>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kordhaldrum View Post
    That's true. =D
    But they dont sell only Dream Souls...Rex/SL souls/Patrons/Rift Store stuff/Collectors Edition.
    They have a big shop selling a lot of stuff all days. Of course that they dont earn so much money like a blockbuster like GTA or TES. But the flux is continiuos. Rift Store are 24hs open. Ppl get patron / rex / rift store stuff all the time.

You talk like Trion only earn money from Dream Souls pack lol.

Even that CE 150$ on NT, that i think it would not sell almost nothing, and every place you go there is someone with the Shark.

Please, lets not treat Trion like a poor think that need soooo much money >.>
    yes they have plenty of stuff in the rift store selling 24/7 but...like I already said in small quantities...If the price is set like it is now it only confirms what I am saying... This game is not WOW. They don't have millions of ppl playing it. The playerbase is small. They can't sell their stuff in big quantity so they must set the price a bit higher.

As for the sharks... you see a lot of them but it's most likely always the same ppl. I personally started to recognize some of them lol.

This Tread is quite advance to make sense.
    See this my Transaction.

http://imgur.com/jMsULmU

IF, TRION would discount the DreamSoul Pack, I claim credit of difference.

I can understand that someone saying 5000 credits too expensive for 2 characters.
    I agree.
    But I have 5 characters slots because I was old player as you can see on site above.
    I have 4 character that Lv65 for each classes, then 5000 credits not so expensive.

Do you understand why I said "This Tread is quite advance to make sense.".

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    My problem is that the souls aren't sold individually. It's fine for people who play ALTs.

I'd like to gift the Liberator soul to one of my warriors, but it's just to expensive. <waits for the peanut gallery's insults/>
    I only have one true main toon, and I totally agree with this. Being able to buy the soul I want to use. I kinda got ripped off, because I know I will never use the other 3.

Telaran

I think the soul pack prices are fair, HOWEVER I think it would be more in the players and Trions interests to sell the souls individually too so that players who only play 1 class don't have to fork out for 3 other souls they'll never use.

And also whilst we're on this topic, can we have old pvp souls back... I want archmage back!

The Soul Packs are probably one of the more valuable items in the shop. I don't mind Trion setting a high price for them. I just wish they would run a huge 24hr 50% off sale every few months.
    He could walk down your street and girls could not resist his stare and so Pablo Picasso was never called an ashhole.* Not like me! Not in New York!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2iLAubras

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post
    The Soul Packs are probably one of the more valuable items in the shop. I don't mind Trion setting a high price for them. I just wish they would run a huge 24hr 50% off sale every few months.
    I wish they'd stop pricing thing to be intentionally higher than the bulk purchases of credits.
    Everything is price so that you can never buy it with just one credit purchase, you either have to buy two of the same or go the next up buying way more credits than you need.

It's an underhanded trick that ALL companies use when they implement their own made up currency and it's anti-consumer.

These systems are designed so you ALWAYS buy more than you need, never the exact amount you want and it's stupid.
    Sure great for Trion as people spend more than they want to, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I wish they'd stop pricing thing to be intentionally higher than the bulk purchases of credits.
    Everything is price so that you can never buy it with just one credit purchase, you either have to buy two of the same or go the next up buying way more credits than you need.

It's an underhanded trick that ALL companies use when they implement their own made up currency and it's anti-consumer.

These systems are designed so you ALWAYS buy more than you need, never the exact amount you want and it's stupid.
    Sure great for Trion as people spend more than they want to, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yep, I see that, too.

Also, the answer, "no one is forcing you to buy them" doesn't really work either. Customers want certain items at a lower price and there's no competition to drive the price down. So, who else can players ask for a better price if not Trion? As in this case, they certainly have the right to say, "no" to that request.

There's no bad guys here. On one hand, we don't know the ins and outs of Trion's budget woes. On the other, it's not complaining, or being disloyal to ask for lower prices. It's consumer feedback.... like it or not.

And honestly, I want everyone at Trion to become as rich as misers. I just want a 50% Off Sale, a Midwinter Clearance, a dash of Spring Savings. Their budget would probably not take a noticeable hit and it would make a lot of players happy.
    Last edited by Skid Rogue; 02-13-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    He could walk down your street and girls could not resist his stare and so Pablo Picasso was never called an ashhole.* Not like me! Not in New York!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2iLAubras

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ultraaviolett View Post
    Me.

-why?

Because I can...
    I'd be able to afford it as well, for me that's not the issue. In fact for I think a decent amount of people it's not the issue. I think it's that for most we're spending money on 4 souls, some of which have been in the game for quite a while. I personally would only use 1 of those souls. I don't have any plans to level an alt as I just don't have the time for it over my main. So for me to spend all that money to only use a quarter of that pack seems like a waste.

If Trion was to make these packs, and subsequently the souls individually, available by other means such as direct purchase for quite a bit cheaper, I think they might sell even more. Of course, this is just a thought, and I honestly have no data to say this would be good financially for Trion, but I for one would be much more willing to purchase the souls were they made available in this way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast