+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: World Events

Soulwalker

Default World Events

I am relatively new to Rift, and I've been trying to find information on world events, i.e. when is the next one? Is there a list or calendar somewhere of Rift World events and when they take place? Tks in advance

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Carnival of the Ascended should return in a couple of weeks.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

If you open the achievement pane (CTRL-H) and scroll down to world events - you'll see a list of them. Then you can look them up on Magelo or one of the other fansites to see appx dates.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Here's some tidbits on World Events:

World Events almost all start and end on Thursdays at 3:30PM Server Time. (type /time in-game to find out server time, which is PST for NA and GMT for EU).

Annual World Events happen every year. They are:
    • Mariel-Taun Day. Kind of a mini-event, usually held around Valentine's Day. If it happens this year, we'll probably see it start on Thursday at 3:30PM ST.
    • Carnival of the Ascended. This celebrates RIFT's Anniversary. Usually starts around the end of February or early March. Lasts a few weeks.
    • Summerfest. Celebrating the Summer. Starts around June/July and ends around the end of July. This is probably the most jam-packed event for new players because there's a huge amount of Scavenger hunts and quests to do throughout Mathosia, Brevane and Dusken.
    • Autumn Harvest starts around October to celebrate the Autumn and Halloween.
    • Fae Yule begins in December and celebrates the holidays.

Promo Weeks. These are promotional weeks offering mounts in lockboxes or via currency obtained from doing some dailies. These are:
    • Budgie Madness. Budgie Mounts.
    • Unicornalia. Unicorn Mounts.
    • Temporal Flux. Empyreal Walker Mounts.
    • Arclight Ascendency. Arclight Rider Mounts.

These happen multiple times throughout the year - no fixed dates.

Mayhem in Mathosia. This is a mini-event involving increases rewards for completing zone events in selected zones. They happen at random and usually last a few days. Additional rewards include xp/notoriety pots, wardrobe items and mounts. As well as double the completion rewards that you normally get for zone events.

Trion used to have special World Events to introduce large patches like the opening of Hammerknell Fortress, River of Souls, Ember Isle or Tempest Rising for the Storm Legion expansion. They haven't done any non-annual, non-promo, non-madness events since then though, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-11-2015 at 06:22 PM.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    [*]Mariel-Taun Day. Kind of a mini-event, usually held around Valentine's Day. If it happens this year, we'll probably see it start on Thursday at 3:30PM ST.
    There will not be a specific Mariel-Taun Day world event this year. The main component of it, the Love Bug, was never that popular, so we opted not to run it this year. Yes, I know that means at least one of the achievements needs to be retired at some point. I would love to refresh and return this event at some point, but no promises.

We have a few new small offerings for Carnival this year, but are already planning towards next year for a major Carnival update to celebrate our fifth anniversary.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There will not be a specific Mariel-Taun Day world event this year. The main component of it, the Love Bug, was never that popular, so we opted not to run it this year. Yes, I know that means at least one of the achievements needs to be retired at some point. I would love to refresh and return this event at some point, but no promises.
    I can at least thank you for the little Love Bug Particle effect item that turned up on the Rift store today. It gave me some inspiration and my character turned pink.

Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Ascendant

We have a few new small offerings for Carnival this year, but are already planning towards next year for a major Carnival update to celebrate our fifth anniversary.
    Its a smallish thing, but I would at least like to see more of the Tales of the Ascended Rifts to keep up with modern times. I mean we've killed Crucia (sort of), Laethys, Maelforge and Reggie since when these went in. You would think they would want to celebrate these victories to. And being Rift events, shouldn't be overly tough to add some new ones.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Since Tacitus is lurking I wanted to say something real quick about World Events. And I guess its probably par for the course with the way resources are spread in a F2P game, but I miss actual world events. I mean stuff like Waves of Madness. Everyone always talks about (myself included) about how great that was and I would love to know how much work went into that compared to subsequent world events like the one where we went to Ember Isle. But I suspect I already know the answer. Waves of Madness was not to long after launch so the team was probably much larger.

But world events like that gave people so many neat little things to do. There was alot of hidden stuff then, there was the little in game cinematics in front of Hammerknell Fortress. I mean at the very least when we transition to an expansion or we have a major content update like a new zone (not so much Tyrant's Throne, but maybe the larger zone that should be coming sometime this year). The other neat zone event was the world event that transitioned into Storm Legion.

I think the difference was immersion. During Waves of Madness you felt the weight of the world event. Everywhere you went the hand of the Abyssal Cult was there. Wether it was a random collosi attacking a town, or one of the coastal mini zone events, or just citizens cowering in random spots that you could save from Abyssal Cult members. You had the cinematics I mentioned, but also in the final phase you had the great celebratory stuff like the seacap race and what not.

Also Deeps.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-11-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

That's understandable on Mariel-Taun Day. After the achievements are done there wasn't much else to it except to create a /cancelbuff thelovebug macro.

Can't wait for next year's Carnival, though that's a little far aways.

Soulwalker

THanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. I have seen someone with a pink Budgie a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I was hoping there was a world event where I could maybe win one as I don't have nearly enough credits to buy the one on promotion this week

Soulwalker

Tacitus, is there an event replacing the one that was removed? Just wondering if there is something coming up soon

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FFirecracker View Post
    THanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. I have seen someone with a pink Budgie a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I was hoping there was a world event where I could maybe win one as I don't have nearly enough credits to buy the one on promotion this week
    Its always always better to buy it. Even though its a fairly pricey mount, you will spend alot more on boxes during a promo event. So my advice is to bite the bullet and get one now if you want it, they don't sell direct the mounts often. Usually its lockbox only.

As to your second question, there isn't another event coming until Carnival of the Ascended which will probably be sometime this month or early march. The anniversary of Rift is in February and that is what the Carnival celebrates.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-11-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Shame about the Valentine's Event not going ahead, a few of the achievements were a bit of fun, visiting a few oddball Necromance spots etc but i agree about the Love Bug buff, it did get annoying

Perhaps for next year a mini chain quest could be added, like the one in Necropolis, Heartbreaker i think? could have us running around some old zones collecting, killing, all for love and maybe award a Love Bug Minion card at the end of the chain, in honor of the little guy

Rift Disciple

I'm of the opinion that Rift needs more world events/holidays. One of the best things about WoW was that built-in calendar that gets you excited for that month's big event. Maybe it's the traveling carnival or an actual holiday, but it got you excited.

Rift is almost devoid of any major world events. You have Christmas, Halloween, and the Rift anniversary. That's it. At least have a traveling carnival on months that don't feature a major holiday.

ARGH, TACITUS, I WAS 24/25 ON THE LOVE BUG ACHIEVEMENT! *cries*

But yay for knowing that Carnival is getting both a small and a big overhaul.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast