+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion reset

General of Telara

Yea I noticed too, it used to be 1am (i.e. midnight server time) for me, despite the claim it should've been moved to the daily reset time, but the last days it seems to be whenever it wants to be, somewhere in the late afternoon and evening time frame, haven't been able to determine a precise time yet.

This is on Brutwacht if that helps.

I never know when it's going to reset. It seems to pick at least once a day from 2, maybe 3 times: late afternoon (East Coast), early morning, and possibly late night/wee hours. It's quite random.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

He did contact me ingame and told me the last days i had resets (wich was very nice, what do you know devellopers are real and humans! ) but i still can't wrap my head around it. Sometimes i feel like there has been a reset during my night (im aware that server time aint the same as mine), i reccon i've seen it changes around evening (wich was around 4pm server). I dont count on it anymore, it's just frustrating. I just got use to have to use more of the adventurine instead of waiting for reset cause sometime i dont see it happen around 4pm server time.Now and then few days appart i will see it. Now and then I log in the morning and it got reset. Sometimes it's the same as last night when i log in the morning. I just gave up on understand how it works.
    Last edited by Amielle; 03-11-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I never know when it's going to reset. It seems to pick at least once a day from 2, maybe 3 times: late afternoon (East Coast), early morning, and possibly late night/wee hours. It's quite random.

This occurs to me as well. In fact I've had a 10hr carnival mission all day I was planning on doing when I log tonight and it disappeared and was replaced around 8pm server time tonight, but as I recall it is somewhat random when it does happen. Just like Shattered, sometimes its 1, 2, or maybe even 3 times a day. Usually happens when I switch toons in the evening time.

Also, since the Arclight patch until last patch mine weren't shuffling at all, but since last patch they at least shuffle once at server reset and tonight twice.

Ya usually happens to me around 1-2pm MST, sometimes I see it a little later, but not later then 8pm EST. Definitely not at 4am EST or midnight.

Shadowlander

Lol, the day before yesterday they reset at 8pm ST, yesterday at 0am ST, and today at 4am (waited 2 hours for nothing).
    Surprise me tomorrow... Is it really that hard to set it once and for all?!

General of Telara

Yeah same here, last one must've been somewhen early morning, probably 4am server time as promised a while ago, the day before it was midnight server time again, so yeah, surprise surprise...which kinda sucks if a 10h adventure shows up you want to do next day because all slots are full, but you never know if it's still gonna be there...this time, it wasn't.

Default Snedhepl

Too funny... After all this time, just now did I realize I kept thinking I was seeing "Sendhelp" out of the corner of my eyes.

Telaran

My 10hr is still the same today as it was last night around 9pm server time last night when I logged.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Rift Team

Clearly it is

I'm looking into this. It's probably time to nuke it from orbit and just overhaul that bit of code entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Isbulftw View Post
    Lol, the day before yesterday they reset at 8pm ST, yesterday at 0am ST, and today at 4am (waited 2 hours for nothing).
    Surprise me tomorrow... Is it really that hard to set it once and for all?!

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Clearly it is

I'm looking into this. It's probably time to nuke it from orbit and just overhaul that bit of code entirely.
    nukes create purrty pics, or it didnt happen!
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Clearly it is

You really surprised me! Today they reset at 12p.m., after a grand total of 32 hours! I'm so entertained! /Not as much as the minion chain quest tbh/ Keep up the pace!
    Last edited by Isbulftw; 03-15-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Shadowlander

I never know when it's going to reset either, now that it's not doing it onscreen (doing it only on logout is sneaky, I have a bad memory! :-p )
    The old method seemed to work okay, you just had to remember that when it got near reset time (which happens to be close to the time I was logged in most days, it was ~ 4PM Server time that it happened) to not leave anything valuable up when you sent a minion out.
    Doing it only on logout/login seems better though, you don't accidentally have something go away.

Seriously, though, I strongly recommend NOT leaving something you want to do up when you logout. What I do is - before I logout I assume that I may or may not be back on shortly, so I set my minions up on all 8hr/10hr missions. After I send the last one out, I look at what's revealed. If it's something I want, I spend Adventurine to Hurry one of the ones I have out (generally an 8hr, they're cheaper), and send the mission I want to have happen - that way, I don't risk losing it.
    It does mean that I have to keep some Adventurine on hand, but really, it's not that hard to get 400 adventurine if you routinely do 8hr missions. I assume that applies even if you have only one slot - you'll have fewer times you want to spend it as well as fewer ways to get it (I have 6. Yeah .... minions are one of the big things keeping me playing right now).

By the way, I don't think I've said it on the forums yet - great job on the minions system. I have some little annoyances with it, but I can't come up with an implementation that doesn't have little things .... and it really is one of the things that keeps me playing. Plus I've spent credits on minion slots ;-)

Soulwalker

Default Still odd reset

I noticed today that I reset after 1-2pm server time. I am not sure exactly when but I had a 10hr earth artifact mission that I was planning on running but was no longer available at 9:30 server time. Character: serene@laethys

Telaran

Not sure if this issue is supposed to be fixed yet or still looking into it or preparing orbital nukes or what... but its still happening to me.

Yesterday has an 8hr Life/Artifact mission all day long logging in and out multiple times on multiple computers and around 11pm cst( 9 server) Wolfsbane I switched characters and my cards shuffled.

Today I had new 8hr/10hrs all day long and logged out at work around 5pm cst (3 server) and when I got home to log in they had shuffled again so seems like random shuffling is still occurring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2