+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No notice of Patron Renewal

Rift Disciple

Default No notice of Patron Renewal

I assume general discussion is the place for this as live chat seems to have gone into hiding.

According to my account management, I have been billed for a 3 month patron renewal on 2/2/15. I've not had any emails to 1, firstly advise that my current patron time package was coming to an end or 2, had any receipt of this new bill via email either.

I had stopped playing for what i meant to be a short while after reaching level 65 and finding out the amount of content is sub standard and just didnt make a return. I accept that i should have cancelled before hand, i completely forgot about it.

Should I have not at least heard something along the lines of the 2 above points? Every single transaction should be confirmed with a receipt of purchase regardless of human activation or automatic roll over so what gives? I find it is poor form for a company to run a 'don't warn the player in case they cancel their sub' policy.

Well, you do get an email, when your patronage is ending... so, not sure why there is none, when your patronage is renewed?

And why is the live chat "hiding"? Last time i tried to contact a GM ingame, i was redirected on a web page, where i could activate the live chat and after a few moments waiting in line, i could write to a GM...

Step 1, cancel your subscription.
    Step 2, contact the support and ask for a refund.

Last but not least, if you put something on automatic, don't forget to check on it from time to time... or in case of subscriptions, pay for the time you want, and then directly cancel it.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 02-05-2015 at 04:30 PM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeball View Post
    Well, you do get an email, when your patronage is ending... so, not sure why there is none, when your patronage is renewed?

And why is the live chat "hiding"? Last time i tried to contact a GM ingame, i was redirected on a web page, where i could activate the live chat and after a few moments waiting in line, i could write to a GM...

Step 1, cancel your subscription.
    Step 2, contact the support and ask for a refund.

Last but not least, if you put something on automatic, don't forget to check on it from time to time... or in case of subscriptions, pay for the time you want, and then directly cancel it.
    I have renewed my patronage twice before (that I can remember) and have never received an email advising that it was coming up for renewal. Neither have I ever received an email advising that my patron subscription had been renewed.

Plane Walker

I only received an email for patron expiring. Which I really did hate that because it costed more credits to renew.

Plane Touched

In all my years, and in all the online games I've played, I have never had any company send me an email when my subscription was approaching renewal. The only times I've ever received such an email was when the card I had on file with them had expired and they couldn't process the payment. They emailed me to let me know I wouldn't be able to access the game until a new payment was entered.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    In all my years, and in all the online games I've played, I have never had any company send me an email when my subscription was approaching renewal. The only times I've ever received such an email was when the card I had on file with them had expired and they couldn't process the payment. They emailed me to let me know I wouldn't be able to access the game until a new payment was entered.
    Square Enix does send mails. At least for Final Fantasy XI and XIV, you get a mail a few days before you are billed and again when you have been billed.

But never seen mails like that from Trion, Blizzard or Sony.

Prophet of Telara

It'd be nice to have an in-game marker for Patron expiry. Or even just the ability to see in-game how many days of patron time you have left when you pop up the shop.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruchai View Post
    I have renewed my patronage twice before (that I can remember) and have never received an email advising that it was coming up for renewal. Neither have I ever received an email advising that my patron subscription had been renewed.
    That's the point, since there is an email for ending, why is there not also an email for renewal or being billed for a subscription?
    and thank you.

Since you have to keep a cc on file, for subscriptions, they DON'T want you to know when your sub is gonna end, so you won't get an email. It's figured, if you leave to go play another game and forget to cancel, they will still make money. Why would they send a reminder?
    What I do, is use a gift card. It's on file, but I keep track of how many days left, to resub how, and when I want.

Rift Disciple

OK so it's confirmed you only get a notice when it is unable to automatically renew, and no notices at all if it is going to automatically renew.
    You know car insurance companies do this also but have a legal obligation to write to you ahead of time?

And yes, I know how live chat worked (past tense). Please link it if you think it is still available.

Ingame, click Help, Contact GM, you will then be directed to a webpage, in the lower left corner will be the option for live chat, but only during their office hours.
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread