+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tarken Zone Event - Darkness from the Depth

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team

The HP issue with the Boss will be rectified with this week’s hotfix.
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    The HP issue with the Boss will be rectified with this week’s hotfix.
    This only answers one part of the questions noted in this thread. What is the deal with the quest givers? I went to the wardstones last night and did not find a single quest giver for this event. Was it perhaps just bugged?

I don't know why, but seeing the boss icon on the map, the neutral npc locations around him, nothing listed when you zone in like normal zone events and the most important question, where were the announcements?

I never heard any announcement or found quest giver npcs anywhere in the zone. Something definitely was NOT working.

I did this event the other day -- talking to the NPC at the wardstone just above Seeping Basin told me all I needed to know. We had about a half dozen people killing the mobs, with the rest of us ferrying the shards to the machines. (And about three or four of us killing the regular mobs BETWEEN the wardstone and the machines.)

The only thing (to me) that wasn't immediately clear is if each machine has to be individually charged (like the Sourcestone shields during that particular Death invasion event where you need to fuel the catapults, or Night Terrors where you need to drop each shield individually), or if charging ANY of the machines counts.

If each machine needs to be charged, having that stated as part of the event (Dream Machine Alpha, Dream Machine Beta, Dream Machine Gamma, or whatever) and which machine is which would make it a LOT more helpful, rather than have everyone ferrying the shards to the same machine, and then wondering why no progress is being made...

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #34
    Rift Team

Handing in shards at any machine, charges all of them. This is pretty clearly indicated by the progress bar that appears in the middle of your screen (by default - It may be elsewhere if you've moved it) if you get anywhere near where the machines and boss are.
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Handing in shards at any machine, charges all of them. This is pretty clearly indicated by the progress bar that appears in the middle of your screen (by default - It may be elsewhere if you've moved it) if you get anywhere near where the machines and boss are.
    Actually what threw me off was that after a while, it STOPPED appearing at the closest one, and only appeared at the farther two, which is why I asked. But now I know.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

My experience was that I had to be almost on a machine to to get a progress bar. As I'd move to another machine, the progress bar would disappear and reappear as I got almost upon the next one. So I was unclear if each had separate progress, as was true for the Ashora Silver Army event, or if it was one progress for all.
    Last edited by Shattered; 02-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

The problem I see with this event is that no one is doing it.

I just checked every shard for this except Seastone, because I did not want to get flagged for pvp, and this seems to be stalled on all of them.

So having this stalled on all shards is preventing other events happening. What a waste

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    The problem I see with this event is that no one is doing it.

I just checked every shard for this except Seastone, because I did not want to get flagged for pvp, and this seems to be stalled on all of them.

So having this stalled on all shards is preventing other events happening. What a waste
    A lot of us have given up trying it anymore. I can never find the NPC and I check all the areas on the map, never see it. Everyone gets tired of trying to go through the same thing only to get no where. It may work for some but it seems not everyone

What about the reward? Defending the points, bringing shards, even managing to tag the boss and you get only a few void stones and some planarite? No marks, no infusions, no stones for boss weekly?

It’s fairly simple and straight forward; it will just take a little b
    bit of coordination, so that you have enough people with each buff working together.
    I beg to differ. It's anything but "simple" and "straight forward".

I got to the event after it started (so missed the initial voiceover). The only indication I have of what to do is the quest sticky for it, which is of zero help. Ran around trying to find the (completely unexplained) method of "charging" and found nothing. The quest sticky indicated only 1 of the 5 bases was still alive, looked on the map and all 5 are still lit up, so zero idea which one to go defend. And the bar in the middle of the screen never moved, so obviously it's wasn't just me who had no idea what to do... it was literally everyone (no exaggeration).

Sorry but this event has more things wrong with it than right.
    Last edited by Sixpax; 02-10-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Telaran

Yeah this event is running as I speak and no one is charging the dream machines.

The NPC Erisha is not mentioned in the event text, and there should be big blue dots single it out on the map, there are no broadcasts going on explaining anything, the dream machines and their respective charges do not appear on the event tracker so no one knows what's really going on... etc.

i'm with Sixpax, you really can't say it's simple or staightforward, please simplify the event or fix the event tracker. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Basile View Post
    you really can't say it's simple or staightforward, please simplify the event or fix the event tracker. Thank you.
    It is simple, though. The problem is that people have grown so dependent on the event tracker that they forget to use other methods to figure out what's going on.

To simplify things for people who get confused by the event:
    - Have the NPC's near the dream machines interactable, and explain what needs doing
    - Have the failed wardstones colour red; at the moment they remain white when fallen, and confuse people
    - Give the nightmare manifestations a different colour (or icon) on the mini map. I understand they're linked to Water, but being able to distinguish them is a great help
    - Show the machine charge bar on screen throughout the entire zone

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    It is simple, though. The problem is that people have grown so dependent on the event tracker that they forget to use other methods to figure out what's going on.
    Again, I beg to differ. For my first outing at this event, I tried my best to figure out what to do. I didn't just give up when it wasn't immediately clear. I went to where a couple of the wardstones were shown on the map and there was nothing there (little did I realize this part was bugged and still shows up on the map). I went to where the boss icon was and saw the 3 NPC guards at the charging stations, but no clue whatsoever there on what to do or how to charge them. I watched zone chat but at that time, nobody knew what was going on, so no help there either.

Here are my suggestions for fixing this event:
    • Fixed the bugged wardstones so they show up red on the map after being defeated
    • Have the NPC guards at the charging station give a full explanation of what to do when you interract with them.
    • Indicate clearly on the map which invasions are nightmare ones for people who have the nightmare buff (they look like water invasions currently).
    • Give some indication for the people with the dream buff where they can go to pick up crystals. An icon showing a recently killed nightmare invasion perhaps?
    • And most important of all, fix the boss so he lasts more than 30s.

The announcer at the beginning of the event tells you what to do. He also repeats himself every couple of minutes at each Defense Point.

Quick break down:

Find Erisha at the defend points. Talk to him. Get a buff. You choose Nightmare, or Dream.

If you choose Nightmare, you see special invasions. Killing them drops Dream Shards.
    If you choose Dream, you can see and collect Dream Shards.
    If you have a Dream Shard you run it back to Commander Elsior's machines, marked on the map near where The Abhorrence is trapped.

It’s fairly simple and straight forward; it will just take a little b
    bit of coordination, so that you have enough people with each buff working together.
    I found the guy who lets you enter the dream state. I collected a dream shard, went to the dream machines, saw the purple path, but nothing indicates that the shard had any effect. I don't know whether it has to be applied, or whether I just have to stand in the purple path. Did it take effect? I have nothing to indicate one way or the other. Just a little text would go a long way to make this event viable. The cryptic nature gets old in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpax View Post
    I beg to differ. It's anything but "simple" and "straight forward".

The quest sticky indicated only 1 of the 5 bases was still alive, looked on the map and all 5 are still lit up, so zero idea which one to go defend.
    This is the worst thing I think, because new people see five stones on their maps, go there and see nothing, so they are lost.
    Please change this and make the stones appear like in other events, red when it is destroyed, blue when it is up. And make the NPC pop on each blue spot (I don't know if this is the case, I did the event with only one stone left, and had to go to 3 of them before I found the NPC)

So people will go to the one with the NPC, and get the information.

And this event is easier for Defiant, because we have the same thing in Freemarch so they know mechanics involved.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 03-01-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast