+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Dark Mits

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't find any npc to get early rep from

Default Can't find any npc to get early rep from

I have maxxed out my rep for the NT area, the SL area but not in the old world. However, I cannot find any npc that offers rep for the nortoriety stones on those I am missing.

I have already checked with the npc in Flargle Palace ... got all of that; npc in Tempest Bay ...I have all of those too. But cannot find any npc offering rep for the earlier areas before SL came out.

Is this npc missing ???

You mean the Marks of Notoriety?

I guess that depends on how you define "Missing". Those marks did not exist until Storm Legion, so there was never an NPC added for the Mathosian factions.

So it's "missing" in the sense that it does not exist and is not "missing" in the sense that it's not intended to exist.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    You mean the Marks of Notoriety?

I guess that depends on how you define "Missing". Those marks did not exist until Storm Legion, so there was never an NPC added for the Mathosian factions.

So it's "missing" in the sense that it does not exist and is not "missing" in the sense that it's not intended to exist.
    Well then that would explain why I could not find an npc for my Marks of Notoriety in the old world. I did not know the history of them. When I spotted them in SL, I just assumed I had missed them for the earlier factions.

Thank you for this information.

Rift Chaser

Most of the notoriety back then consisted of 'kill many many mobs'. For instance, Mathosia rep, you go up to the citadel, and kill all the mobs up there. Go in a circle, over and over. There are dailies in Zareph's Return too.
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

All of the above is correct.

Also correct is that very soon just such an NPC will be added to Sanctum and Meridian near the other Instant Adventure NPCs. Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Also correct is that very soon just such an NPC will be added to Sanctum and Meridian near the other Instant Adventure NPCs. Surprise!
    Old ways of grinding the classic reps would still be faster than gathering marks, assuming people know about them.

... but I guess more is better!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I have a stack of these marks in my bank. Since you can only turn in 10 at a time, once a day, I've just collected them and it did not take me long to max my rep out. Sad that more faction rep has not been added.

But judging by Tacitus' response, it appears we will only get IA rep added.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Old ways of grinding the classic reps would still be faster than gathering marks, assuming people know about them.

... but I guess more is better!
    Still better than having 50 Marks with nothing to spend them on

But judging by Tacitus' response, it appears we will only get IA rep added.
    There is no such thing as IA rep. Tacitus just said that the NPC that will deal with it will be placed near the IA NPCs in the capitals.

I'd like to ask that those of us who have maxxed every notoriety in the game be given another option for those Marks. Maybe 10 Void stones per mark or something

I hope Keepers and Farclan are included. They are the only ones left for me.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Also, i'm fairly sure a lot of the old zones offer daily quests that reward Rep, certainly Silverwood and Gloamwood etc offer dailies for rep.

Most old-world dungeons offer rep too, and are very solo-able. Run them on both normal and expert to max this rep source.

+ Reply to Thread