+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel
  • 1 Post By Eilauria

Thread: 1 hour buffs and temporary buffs, placement in separate UI elements?

Default 1 hour buffs and temporary buffs, placement in separate UI elements?

So..is there a UI configuration that will allow me to show 1 hour buffs in one positional window element. AND temp buffs (like HOTS) in another window?

Not really, unless you edit your layout.

Better yet, would be to use addon Karuulalert. Once you set it up, you can edit the layout to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Not really, unless you edit your layout.

Better yet, would be to use addon Karuulalert. Once you set it up, you can edit the layout to your heart's content.
    Has the Karuulalert been updated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Has the Karuulalert been updated yet?
    ...Updated for what? Nothing has changed that would break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    ...Updated for what? Nothing has changed that would break it.
    Well it does not work for me. I've had to disable it since 3.1 dropped. It will sometimes work, and other times not. No rhyme or reason to why it does this. I'll do a complete uninstall and reinstall a new copy to see if maybe mine got corrupted.

Thanks for the info..

I'd love to see this part of the UI updated. Preferably with options to separate Permanent (possibly hide these), Long Duration 30+ minutes, and short duration buffs that last less then 30 minutes.

General of Telara

I agree that the buff display could need some love. The thing that annoys me the most ist that the option to show only your buffs on friendly targets also affects yourself, i.e. you don't know if you have received various vital raid buffs...

To fix this, I currently use Gadgets:Buffs, I just set it to show buffs on myself that are not from myself. Works well, but of course looks different and uses additional ressources.
    It has several sorting options too, though it doesn't seem to have a filter for total buff duration, only for showing buffs that have less than <x> seconds remaining.

Well it does not work for me. I've had to disable it since 3.1 dropped. It will sometimes work, and other times not. No rhyme or reason to why it does this. I'll do a complete uninstall and reinstall a new copy to see if maybe mine got corrupted.

Thanks for the info..
    Define exactly what you mean when you say that sometimes it doesn't work. Is it throwing up error messages? Or are alerts just not showing up? If it's the latter, can you give a specific example of an alert that doesn't work?

Rift Chaser

rift's buff/debuff indication bars are a steaming pile of refuse.

buffs changing places, not being sorted by type/time remaining are the major sore points.

plus, the buffs in the stupid unit portrait are fk'd to hell. i have both options turned on : "hide my/enemy buffs and debuffs on frames", YET, when I pvp, I can see EVERY SINGLE of the enemy's buff... its IRRITATING, and due to it, I have to use kalerts (too bad kalerts doesnt support target of target :/ )

its a crying shame that certain addons were made because just RIFT displays its buffs/debuffs in such a stupid way.

RIFT Guide Writer

Thanks for the info..
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Define exactly what you mean when you say that sometimes it doesn't work. Is it throwing up error messages? Or are alerts just not showing up? If it's the latter, can you give a specific example of an alert that doesn't work?
    I guess that the alerts sometimes do net get tracked after a death. That is normal and solved either by reloadui or if the player selects himself/herself before a pull as the target.

Both of it resets kalert and the stuff gets tracked again.
    Last edited by RePyH; 02-02-2015 at 02:57 AM.

Rift Chaser

I agree, the buff UI could use some love'n up. If things were movable, self buffs and other buffs where in different windows, maybe the ability to make and move individual buff windowns .. yea, we wouldn't need addon's.

+ Reply to Thread