+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Greater Skeletal Knight can't hold aggro.

Default Greater Skeletal Knight can't hold aggro.

Greater Skeletal Knight can't hold aggro.
    Tried the Mangler shark at Goboro/Luminous Passage, he simply IGNORES my tank and comes straight for me.

A bug?
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

Is it still using the hard taunts?

Mine works just fine. Do you have all the aggro abilities on his cast bar active?

aye, I do.
    Mangler is a sub boss, yellow, big shark, but he simply ignores my frikken tank.
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

Anyone?
    Is this normal behavior?

Telaran

Default pets not holding aggro like they used to

My pets also have less ability to hold agro like they used to. A couple of big patches ago my pets on both hunters and on mages and on clerics suddenly became almost stupid compared to before. By 'stupid' I mean they suddenly had to be told to charge rather than leisurely walking to his target and the had to be told to do something to pull agro rather than doing something automatically as before and even then his ability to hold that agro seems to be less than it once was. In short, my pets now have to be micro managed much more than before and then are still less effective overall than they once were. (As of this writing the servers had not yet done the hotfix #2 and have just gone down to do the patch.)

On a more positive note: I want to take a moment to say that in reading this latest hot fix #2 they are fixing or trying to fix a different UI bug that has hampered me since the 3.1 big update so I am pleased to see they are trying to make things better.
    Last edited by docwho3; 02-04-2015 at 08:02 AM.

I play almost exclusively a Druid and over time I have found that they have really nerfed the tanking abilities of the tank pets.

Aggro barely does anything anymore, and it's not because I'm in super powerful gear. When I was in all epics in 2.0 my tank could still hold aggro, but now it barely holds aggro even in green gear, let alone blue. Even if I'm just spamming the AoE attack.

Either there is a bug with the threat scaling with pets, or the have nerfed it into the ground.

Default To the Dev responsible for this category:

Will the Pet Tanking Ability be fixed?
    Since right now, my poor mage is dying plentiful, and it becomes quite bloody costly, lol....

Good thing I dont use any tanking pets. Change build? Or dunno, group up? I bet that is what I would get as an answer if I said I had trouble soloing.....

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    Is it still using the hard taunts?
    The pet taunts are not actually taunts. They are simply abilities that do a ton of threat, but do not actually taunt the way tank classes taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikken eh View Post
    Will the Pet Tanking Ability be fixed?
    Since right now, my poor mage is dying plentiful, and it becomes quite bloody costly, lol....
    As far as I can tell, the ability is working as intended as it has since the launch of the game. Maybe it needs a larger amount of threat tacked onto it now that Necromancer is doing some more damage as a class itself.

My Greater Skeletal Knight is holding agro in expert dungeon and I've been using it to tank some expert bosses (Because I can) and it take about 60k+ burst DPS to manage to get agro over my pet using my homemade necrolist tank spec. He never lose agro if DPSers give it at least 3-5 seconds to get some threat.
    Pet got about 205k health now using my tank gear and last time I tested pet tanking in expert was sometime last week and I didn't notice any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The pet taunts are not actually taunts. They are simply abilities that do a ton of threat, but do not actually taunt the way tank classes taunt.
    As far as I know, they are actual taunts and they count toward the taunt immunity when used.
    Else, I don't know how my pet can get instant agro on bosses after it dies or how the pets manage to get agro off of actual tanks in zone events without those abilities being actual taunts.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    As far as I know, they are actual taunts and they count toward the taunt immunity when used.
    Else, I don't know how my pet can get instant agro on bosses after it dies or how the pets manage to get agro off of actual tanks in zone events without those abilities being actual taunts.
    There are many cases where you can take a pet class, DPS a target like a dummy for 5-10 minutes with the pet on passive and send the pet in to taunt but it does nothing. I'm not saying the pets don't have a huge amount of threat behind those abilities, but unlike proper "real" taunts that set the threat to 120% of the current maximum threat these do not do that.

It's why a pet could never regain threat if it dies during an encounter. People complain about this quite a bit when trying to solo old raids (and actually was found by someone attempting to solo Guilded Prophecy at level 60 as the pet dies on the first boss).

As far as it counting towards immunity of taunts, that very well could be the case.

There are many cases where you can take a pet class, DPS a target like a dummy for 5-10 minutes with the pet on passive and send the pet in to taunt but it does nothing. I'm not saying the pets don't have a huge amount of threat behind those abilities, but unlike proper "real" taunts that set the threat to 120% of the current maximum threat these do not do that.

It's why a pet could never regain threat if it dies during an encounter. People complain about this quite a bit when trying to solo old raids (and actually was found by someone attempting to solo Guilded Prophecy at level 60 as the pet dies on the first boss).

As far as it counting towards immunity of taunts, that very well could be the case.
    I usually use my pet to tank skylla (because why not?) and when the DPS is low in pugs and the boss kill my pet, after summoning it back he just get agro back instantly after using one of it's "taunt" ability. I'll have to do some testing to see how the taunt actually behave because it honestly doesn't look like just a "ton" of threat when they can steal agro from actual tanks.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been tanking a zone event boss for a couple of minutes straight and then along comes a tank pet and it instantly takes the aggro. If I taunt the boss back the pet takes it back and will also eventually make the boss taunt-immune.

Now, no amount of "a tonne of aggro" should instantly take a boss off a tank who has had a couple of minutes head-start on the threat meter and if it's not a taunt, why does it prevent an actual tank's taunt from working due to making the boss taunt immune?

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Good thing I dont use any tanking pets. Change build? Or dunno, group up?
    The first thing I do is look around for other players to group with.
    I am a fairly social fraggle, really. XD

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    I bet that is what I would get as an answer if I said I had trouble soloing.....
    But quite often (being a Belgian (Europe) on a US RP server Feablight, I have no folks around, just as when this happened.
    Therefor I swapped into my Necro, figuring I'm going to give that hell spawn a real spanking.
    Seems hell spawn did not agree with my thought process... :S

I do understand that, he also has no AoE taunt, so the pet only tanks single targets.
    Which is perfectly fine.
    What bothers me, is that as a Necromonger I sent out my pet to the Mangler, he engages him, I wait for it's health bar to drop a little, thus verifying the Tank has aggro, I then cast Soul Purge at the Mangler... not even doing the first damage from my mage out, he turns, and makes a sprint at me.
    No matter WHAT I tried, pet failed to retake aggro.
    THIS is not a good thing for us Necromongers...

As far as I can tell, the ability is working as intended as it has since the launch of the game. Maybe it needs a larger amount of threat tacked onto it now that Necromancer is doing some more damage as a class itself.
    I CERTAINLY hope not, since that would kill the whole build.
    I have no experience on other bosses, my tank works as intended with normal creatures, but he should be able to this with bosses alike.
    What is else the use for that build?

Can someone test this out on the Mangler, Goboro/Luminous Passage?
    I'd like to know whether this is on my end, or either an actual bug/taunt immunity?
    Thank you beforehand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast