+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: BUG: PA Resetting

Champion

Just screenshotted myself at 1283 just to be safe. I just earned one more PA point to spend and thought maybe if I don't spend it then I'll be safe.

So I exited and logged back in. PA reset and back to 1277. So anyway, it is not just spending the PA that is a bug but simply earning that amount of PA.

Hotfix soon please? And some official word on returned xp?

edit: was going to fill out a ticket too but that website seems to be down atm. curious. But bug has been filed anyway
    Last edited by smellwhat; 01-29-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

Well be happy to have lost only 20. I got from near full to great 520 points back. It is really a critical bug if you can drop that deep.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Soulwalker

Default Planar reset from 1280+ down to 1212

I noticed the bug and thought it was just a UI glitch as i had had a DC-crash.

When i realized what happened and went back to spend i ended up 60 points short of 1277

this means i have lost an entire attunement. I would like to know -when- this will be addressed or if i will be stuck re-grinding my PA back to previous levels after the 'fix' is put in place.

For any GM's/Devs tracking this thread, the Character is: Spykerz@Faeblight (US)

spent the day looking for rares and such in the old zones. times well spent xD

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

We're in the process of pushing out a fix that should resolve most of the issues reported with PA since 3.1 was released (US now, EU later in the evening).

Anyone who went over the PA XP limit (between 1283 and 1284 PA) continued to write correct values for PA, but on their next login, the value loaded was incorrect, and so the value stored on the next highest character was used instead. The next time they earned XP, the value recorded was therefore incorrect.

If you logged in and earned experience after reaching the magic amount of PA XP you'll need to contact CS to get that XP back.
    Last edited by Archonix; 01-29-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added more info!

what according to you is the magic amount? And thank you for the info and link to the CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    what according to you is the magic amount? And thank you for the info and link to the CS.
    It was posted earlier in the thread: 1283 and 1284 was the range.

Champion of Telara

If I may ask, why is the issue somewhere between 1283 and 1284? Is the total experience around a magic number there (a power of 2 maybe?) and someone forgot to change a signed to unsigned somewhere?

players apparently losing PA levels after level 1283..

Different types of loss. Some apparently lost the entire PA xp, losing the xp they gained (some upto 40 levels) back to 1277, others were cut back to 1283, others lost more than the xp gained, cutting back levels below the 1277..

I have toons stuck at 1283, 1285, 1286 and 1277..

so magic number.. I doubt it is just 1283.. or 1284..

But again.. sarcasm is prolly not always understood ^^

As for what was happening.. something was not happening.. the registration of pa levels.. meant switching cut you back to the pa of the next toon.. no matter what level pa that char is/was
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-29-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Shadowlander

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We're in the process of pushing out a fix that should resolve most of the issues reported with PA since 3.1 was released (US now, EU later in the evening).

Anyone who went over the PA XP limit (between 1283 and 1284 PA) continued to write correct values for PA, but on their next login, the value loaded was incorrect, and so the value stored on the next highest character was used instead. The next time they earned XP, the value recorded was therefore incorrect.

If you logged in and earned experience after reaching the magic amount of PA XP you'll need to contact CS to get that XP back.
    so who the PA XP over 1283 and resetting to 1277 yesterday , the PA XP didn't gain back after hotfix #1 ?

some players even used experience vial 160% to gain PA XP ..........

Shadowlander

Well, lets hope they got good logs as i wrote a ticket and i am unsure how many points i lost... i just assumed like 5-7 points... stupid outspend thinking

Arround the magic-number of course, which isnt 42. ^^
    Last edited by Chak; 01-29-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Logged on to game after today's "fix"....nothing. Still missing over half my planar attunement points. Yesterday I had 1277 + 6 new slots. Today 629.
    This is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Soulwalker

I have submitted a help ticket, spoken with a GM (which did nothing), and have now logged back on after today's fix to find over half my PAs still gone.
    I'm unsure how else to contact customer support. This is disappointing to say the least.

think I lost 9 PA points at least

lost 10 levels now, handed in a weekly and 25min later after a disconnect I lost it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast