+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: BUG: PA Resetting

Shadowlander

Thumbs down

yep, i stopd to not lose again... this is disappointing.

I am pretty sure I had more than 1283 on my main character before switching to my alt..
    But yes, new content finished, turning in some weeklies/dailies/old quests, finishing the chron.. all at Patron/orange tier (10% bonus), no vials.. and that apparently gave me 6 or more levels.

Switching to an alt, I noticed 1283 PA, which surprised me, cause I had the feeling I had spent more pa points on my main than 6.
    But I levelled 2 more levels, got to 1285 on my alt, spent the points.
    Logged into toon 3, noticed PA levels not spent in the menu.. which is weird, since I have been maxed 1277 for more than a year already. Next to that, It showed me at 1283 PA.
    I did a few quests, logged out and checked my toon 2. That was still at 1285.
    My main was reset to 1283, So I levelled her up to 1286 and spent the points where I trained an ability box in the PA.
    I applied that ability to my gear, moved the ability to my action bar and logged out, checking another shard.

On the other shard, my PA was 1277.. That's when I logged out completely.
    After a few hours of sleep, checking my PA again

My main 1286 as should be (without the initial loss of levels that I made on her before logging out the first time and without the loss of PA that I gained on my alts)

toon 2 1285
    toon 3 1283
    all 3 on the same shard.
    Different shard.. 1277.

So to me it seems that training an ability in PA locks that level, not spending pa and/or switching around level 1283-1285 loses the PA
    And PA does not go Xshard.

Shadowlander

Is there an ETA and can we get an answer what happens to the "lost" points?

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    We've tracked down the cause of this, and should have a fix available sometime tomorrow. The problem occurs between 1283 and 1284 total PA - if you stay below this total, you shouldn't experience the problem.
    Okay, so what about all the PA levels we've earned but have been removed due to the bug. Once the bug is fixed will the levels be awarded or are you basically saying that anyone that earns more than 6 PA (very easy if alts just do their dungeons / warfronts) will lose them without recompense?

Soulwalker

Yea same for my my game did crash and it did reset back to 1277 , did lose some lvls there. imean almost all of ous did use pot + go the new zone and done the q there + wf/experts and did save up all q from last week only for 3.1. so atleast we should get something back for this.
    Last edited by NyanNyan; 01-29-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Also lost 7 lvls when hitting 1284 and logging to my alt. Would be nice to know if its worth continue playing today
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Soulwalker

I posted on the general 3.1 bugs thread before I saw this thread. I logged on today to zero attunement points spent. I didnt think much of it and went to re-spend my points only to realize that half my points are now gone. Not only was I maxed out on PA prior to 3.1, but I had earned 6 more points yesterday.
    I spent 100 platinum at the class trainer to reset my PA. I don't expect to get the plat back...thats my mistake. I would very much like to know when I will get ALL of my earned PA points back.
    Hopefully a quick hotfix is in order today

Soulwalker

Yesterday, I purchased a Transcendent Experience Vial to boost acquisition of PA experience on my Main toon (which had max PA prior patch). I used the the vial to complete all the Tyrant Throne quest line and all but 2 Tyrant's Throne zone achievements in my achievements list ('Gangle Creature Like Achievements' and 'Thus Always to Tyrants'). With time left over I accomplished the Zone Event in Tyrant Throne, additional monster kills scouting out Tyrant's Throne island, and finished my crafting dailies at Margle Palace. After the use of the vial I continued with the usual content of Zone events, PvP, and experts.When I logged in today, I noticed my PA was reset to 1277, lost any progress made yesterday, and progress bar reset to 0% (0/3343444).
    I placed a ticket to a GM in reference to the above info and am sure can be helped with the vial. However, in regards to the lost PA until this is corrected, not sure how Trion will proceed in correcting content experience acquisition that cannot be redone unless....they are considering a....rollback?

Plane Touched

Any chance we could get to know what happens to us that lost pa due to this bug ?

Telaran

its the MANNUUUGO Ghost

I don't generally like to post here much anymore, but I also lost 11-12 levels of PA XP when I logged on this morning, and I feel as though this is a fairly major issue. A good bit of this XP came from unrecoverable actions such as the new quest chain and my weekly Patron bonus charges, neither of which have also been undone/reverted along with the PA levels. Experts and WFs are not content that I enjoy doing to begin with, so at the very least I like to grind them out knowing that now, at least after months of sitting on the 1277 cap, I at least get XP, but something must have gone wrong somewhere in the mix.

Long story short, I am also curious as to if yesterday's/this morning's XP gains will be restored or if there will be some form of compensation for those who lost levels. Seeing an entire day's worth of efforts go up in smoke is not acceptable as I see it and indicative of yet another faulty/untested release for which I and others affected should not have to pay the price.
    Amarlia@Greybriar Level 60 Mathosian Mage
    6/8 BoB + 9/12 NT T1

Officer of <The Dawntreaders> 4/4 RoF x2, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF and looking for more! Come kill all sorts of watery creatures with us!

i hope you can restore the PA we lost i got a little over 20 pa whit my 160% vial and did story quest on tyrants throne

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by lightningpaw View Post
    Long story short, I am also curious as to if yesterday's/this morning's XP gains will be restored or if there will be some form of compensation for those who lost levels. Seeing an entire day's worth of efforts go up in smoke is not acceptable as I see it and indicative of yet another faulty/untested release for which I and others affected should not have to pay the price.
    Yes, you will gt your XP restored. No, no other compensation. If paying the price means having the time pass between now and when they put out the hotfix, yes you have to pay that price like everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaAk View Post
    Yes, you will gt your XP restored.
    Many of us would like official confirmation of this from a dev, as I've yet to see that anywhere. I'm personally avoiding doing nearly anything at all that gains xp because I don't want to waste charges or "unique" activities (such as doing the new quest chain on alts) that are great sources of xp. Call it a result of the Faeblight rollback at NT launch if you want, but I'm leery of having my progress reset again, even "just" xp.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Many of us would like official confirmation of this from a dev, as I've yet to see that anywhere. I'm personally avoiding doing nearly anything at all that gains xp because I don't want to waste charges or "unique" activities (such as doing the new quest chain on alts) that are great sources of xp. Call it a result of the Faeblight rollback at NT launch if you want, but I'm leery of having my progress reset again, even "just" xp.
    Basically this. I'd like to feel like I can play now and at least get XP from the activities I feel are more grind than fun. Of course, this goes without saying that I'd also like to be able to get the same XP we were told we could from stuff I do want to do, like raids and world content. Either way, I feel in a sense like I should avoid this game until the situation is resolved, and that's not good.
    Amarlia@Greybriar Level 60 Mathosian Mage
    6/8 BoB + 9/12 NT T1

Officer of <The Dawntreaders> 4/4 RoF x2, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF and looking for more! Come kill all sorts of watery creatures with us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast