+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patch 3.1: Thank You.

Default Patch 3.1: Thank You.

The shift to midnight time and unifying the days on which patches hit both NA and EU servers, as well as taking eight freaking hours to set it up is very new, and INCREDIBLY APPRECIATED.

How many people will you guys have awake from midnight to 8+ AM during this patch day? Also, who are the brave souls that are sacrificing their night!
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-26-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Dont thanks yet

Yeah the timing is good but the patch content?

Will fix the warrior nerfs?

Will increase more plat problems?

Quote Originally Posted by netsky666 View Post
    Yeah the timing is good but the patch content?

Will fix the warrior nerfs?

Will increase more plat problems?
    lol what warrior nerfs? warriors are fine. Plat problems? o.0.

Bro appreciate the little things, damn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    lol what warrior nerfs? warriors are fine. Plat problems? o.0.

Bro appreciate the little things, damn lol.
    Obviously you don't play a warrior much. But that aside, I think the timing is good as already a lot of the NT content is feeling a little stale. Myself and my guildies are looking forward to the patch with excitement, please dont disappoint us Trion, knock our socks off.

Even if i appriciate to get the patch the same day in EU as US, the downtime really sucks. As US servers will be back online at about noon (if the whole timeframe is needed), the european servers will be down literaly the whole day. And that on weekly reset day and farm night for most of the EU guilds.
    For Germany for example servers will go down at 9 am and be back online at about 8 pm (where raids for most guilds are scheduled), taking us almost a whole playday in this ID.

Why not take european shards offline also at Midnight and bring them back up at about 11 am, and patch the us servers afterwards ?

Thanks for rescheduling our whole week, because i doubt that everything wll go smooth with such a big update, and hopping into a raid the minute after the server come back online was no good idea in the most cases.
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    The shift to midnight time is very new, and INCREDIBLY APPRECIATED.
    Only you forgot one marginal little thing - your midnight is not midnight for everyone in the world.
    Americans....
    Last edited by CKat; 01-26-2015 at 05:07 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Only you forgot one marginal little thing - your midnight is not midnight for everyone in the world.
    Americans....
    American game.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Americans....
    eh I am in UK lol, so that's actually 8 AM for me.

I mean its not perfect, but its something so far, and the best thing to come out of this is the patches prior to resets - hopefully that continues.

Rift Master

This is going to be an unpopular comment but I feel it's necessary.

Because of the fact that people worldwide play Rift, there is no possible way to avoid inconveniencing some group of players with any given maintenance window. An eleven hour downtime guarantees the complete annihilation of prime time play for a whole day for quite a large swathe of customers. No matter WHEN Trion would choose to do this downtime, therefore, there'd be several time zones worth of people coming here to whine that it takes away their whole afternoon/evening/other scheduled period of play for the day.

Just do something other than Rift that day. The world won't end just because you lost a day. Reschedule your raids if they're that important to complete every week. Be thankful you don't play Archeage, where 6+ hour maintenance periods are "scheduled" two or three hours ahead of time.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    This is going to be an unpopular comment but I feel it's necessary.

Because of the fact that people worldwide play Rift, there is no possible way to avoid inconveniencing some group of players with any given maintenance window. An eleven hour downtime guarantees the complete annihilation of prime time play for a whole day for quite a large swathe of customers. No matter WHEN Trion would choose to do this downtime, therefore, there'd be several time zones worth of people coming here to whine that it takes away their whole afternoon/evening/other scheduled period of play for the day.

Just do something other than Rift that day. The world won't end just because you lost a day. Reschedule your raids if they're that important to complete every week. Be thankful you don't play Archeage, where 6+ hour maintenance periods are "scheduled" two or three hours ahead of time.
    I agree, I am in Aus and the downtime happens at our prime time so we are inconvenienced, we dont care. Its only one night and as far as I know its only for this patch not perpetually. I say take all the time you need Trion, get it right, do maintenance on the servers so that our experience of the new patch can hopefully be as much fun as possible.

this downtime is clearly timed to spite coriolis because the MAN at trion wants to keep us down!!! my time is valuable don't you know i have eight jobs and thirty children i can only play for forty-five seconds a day and trion has STOLEN all of them from me!! i demand 3 years of patron and chloro buffs as recompense. it's only fair.

am i doing this right?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

We are not moving to this being the norm folks.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    this downtime is clearly timed to spite coriolis because the MAN at trion wants to keep us down!!! my time is valuable don't you know i have eight jobs and thirty children i can only play for forty-five seconds a day and trion has STOLEN all of them from me!! i demand 3 years of patron and chloro buffs as recompense. it's only fair.

am i doing this right?
    Yep you sound just like a hard core mmo'er, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are not moving to this being the norm folks.

~Daglar
    Is anything being done to compensate for\ the patch after reset issue then, to avoid any future hassles with quest pick ups like sparkle?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruchai View Post
    Obviously you don't play a warrior much.
    I really don't know what that means.
    Paragon is extremely competitive, falling at best short to a well played sin or nb/sin.
    Tempest is, barring unfortunate RNG, on par - if not better - than inquisitor.
    Champion, given the warmup time, is the best at AoE [maybe cab competes]
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-26-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Default Long Downtime

Most times any 'update' whether game or work related takes more than 4 hours its 1 of 2 things, a major software foundation change AND/OR hardware maintenance or update is included in that total downtime. That usually relates to about 8 hrs of time, from 11 hours, that would put a normal major patch downtime of 3 hours right on the mark.

It may be good, it may be bad, but something is about to change, hopefully for the better so things like last night's crash doesn't occur again.

T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast