+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unhappy about conquest party size nerfs

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I'm so excited about this Kronos v I'm getting that tingling feeling.

By the way I told you before I don't AFK but maybe you didn't remember. That's two times you have writen BS about me, not a good idea. Don't go being a broken record like you always are. Try to think of new things to say. It just seems your posts are so negative.

I have a idea that might help. Maybe you can get a PM of 20 people together from time to time to reminisce about the old days and visit Stillmore in world map.

I can't help noticing your fear about this change. It's alright dear I'll hold your hand and together we will face this new and better CQ where teams will be more even and it will be a fair fight, something your not use to I know but with time I'm sure you will be able to pug CQ if you have to. I'll always be there for you if you get scared.
    You are allready known as a quiter, leecher and PM hater on the forums, dont try to hide it.

Here are some quotes:
    I started 9 random WF today. I say started because I left about 5 as there was no way they were going to be a win.
    I was trying to get my daily plus 3x for patron.

Guess how many I won.

0-9
    Well after my two day ban I will re-post.
    [...] But if you have a team that will not do objectives and you need a win well why should I stay For the favor? For the prestige? (Capped and means nothing now). You can Thank patch 3.0 for making pvp useless. [...]
    [...]
    Must of done 15-20 WF today to do my 4 randoms and won 2. That's right 2. The teams are so uneven that 80% of the time I leave as soon as I know there is no chance for a win. No point staying as favor and prestige now mean nothing and pointless staying for weekly kills because again the teams are so uneven your lucky to get 20 kills for a 20 min loss.

It's frustrating, it's a waste of time staying if you need a win and it's not enjoyable at all. Please don't tell me if I leave some Poor other player gets put in my place. 95% of the time I start the match and that's why it happens to me.

[...]
    Oh and we all know why you are here to complain when we follow your posting history.
    Fast and many lootz, nothing else. Your lose/win ration does not nearly show the reality. You just exaggerate to value your arguments. But once self tested every one will recognize that your userexpierence is nowhere the userexpierence others have. Not as a group player and not as a single player.

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    You guys are all talking about a good fight when all we're gonna see is a horde or raptors rather than actual massive scale fights. Did any of you read the suggestions from bctrainers ? This would be so much better, but your hate for premades is so much greater than that ...
    We don't hate premade if it worked fine with this system then be no problem, but the fact not everyone join premade or they can lead, or can get in one, people for premade thinking that system is fine now then there a gain to had.

Bctrainers did suggestion but thats not only player that did suggestion thing to change CQ or you forget?

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    No more 'babysitter clubs'.

People who are used to getting carried by 19 other people will have to actually learn how to play conquest now.

People playing with 19 other people are called a TEAM. That, actually, is the best way to win CQ. Funny thing is, you have no idea about that - even though it is the central methodolgy to playing large scale PVP.

This, in a nutshell, is why the change will be awful for CQ. Mainly, because there will be a ton of folks like you out there playing that have no real idea of the coordination and raid composition that it takes to win a match or at least be competitive during the match.

Also, from the sound of your remark, it looks like you will never make any attempts to understand the mechanics behind large scale PVP, either.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #109
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Critpower View Post
    Daglar said it's a forth coming change during Fridays stream. I don't think it's live yet.
    We said we are likely going to TEST this in the future. We do lots of testing in the live game, its the best way to identify if something worked or not.

It won't be in 3.1, it is in the pipeline to be deployed and tested on live in the future.

~Daglar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    You are allready known as a quiter, leecher and PM hater on the forums, dont try to hide it.
    he is also a baddie who doesnt know how to play (read his inq in NMR posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We said we are likely going to TEST this in the future. We do lots of testing in the live game, its the best way to identify if something worked or not.

It won't be in 3.1, it is in the pipeline to be deployed and tested on live in the future.

~Daglar
    It's good for the game. CQ is NOT working currently.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Telaran

~Daglar
    Admissions that Q&A literally does not exist anymore and it's down to the players to be guinea pigs for anything that pops in to your head...

Well, that's lovely. Wouldn't it at least be polite to inform players of when you do these little tests you do, rather than shaft players on the sly when they turn out to be bad?

Admissions that Q&A literally does not exist anymore and it's down to the players to be guinea pigs for anything that pops in to your head...

Well, that's lovely. Wouldn't it at least be polite to inform players of when you do these little tests you do, rather than shaft players on the sly when they turn out to be bad?
    Q&A team need to be 40+ to test something like this to see it working, don't think trion have that many people for testing this scale.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    Q&A team need to be 40+ to test something like this to see it working, don't think trion have that many people for testing this scale.
    More than that.... The idea is to test the whole fluidity of CQ. Not exactly something as easy to fix as a few lines of code.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Well to be fair that's exactly what he just did. Both in livestream and in this post, and they have not done it yet.

You can disagree with the change, like I do, but you can't blame them for doing it without telling us about it.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Telaran

CQ is not enjoyable as a pug. It NEEDS to be.

That said, I don't think 5 man party limit is the answer. Trying 10 man first seems to be more along the lines of 'incremental' changes which was the philosophy of this game at the beginning.

Personally I'd like to see more inventive changes than just scaling the size of the pm. Would be nice for Trion to facilitate a queue system for CQ, 2 tanks, 5 healers, 13 dps. But as I said earlier, CQ is just not a pleasant experience for a pug so...

Telaran

Today, we had an awesome Stillmore CQ with my toon, Chetx, PM as Oath and Rgi's PM as Dom. It was most fun and enjoyable Guess who won?

The non-PM NF!

The idea that where there are 2 or more PMs, pugs will lose is illusory. I have witnessed many CQs where a no-PM team steal victory from PMs. Now, obviously, PMs do stand a better chance of winning than pug teams, they tend to be more organised and follow calls better. But the real reason for that is PMs are formed well in advance of CQ, players spend time organising each person's role, discuss strategy, summon for buffs etc. As Trion has pointed out repeatedly, rewards shd be proportional to time and effort spent.

The lack of CQ raid leads is an issue, esp in non-peak hours. But the pvp community is suppportive of each other, and generally allow new raid leads to emerge (on the oceanic time zone, PMCQ leads such as Musclepig and Evil come to mind). I could only urge fellow pvp lovers to try form their own CQPMs, and learn from veteran CQ leads, and the best way to learn is actually to join a current CQ lead's PM and pst him after the CQ to discuss strategy.

In my view, the current CQ mechanics is not broken, and there is no need to change, except on two issues:

1/ PMCQ stacking - Obviously when 2 PMs queue CQ, they expect a fun pvp experience against each other. For reasons I do not quite understand, Trion seems to sometimes lump 2 PMs on the same team, which kinda defeat the purpose of forming 2 PMs. I hope the queuing system can be improved so that there is a higher chance for multiple PMs to be on different teams.

2/ 5 minute Timer - Leechers really should not be allowed to enter CQ during timer. As the system currently stands, a leecher with 4 toons (by queuing all his toons at timer) have a GREATER chance of getting a winning team and getting a Heart of the Frozen than a player who spends time and effort to do the whole CQ. Surely, that is unfair and as a minimum, players should not be allowed to queue after timer hits.

Prophet of Telara

Limiting it to 10 man and making IG a bonus weekend cq will be the best option I think. What I mean is put it in rotation only on the weekends.
    Last edited by Planetx; 01-26-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Prophet of Telara

We need something to be done about the current state of cq. And we have to understand that Trion developers are not going to throw everything at it to be fixed. We need to ask for little changes that make big impact.

1) A weekly that is win cq 100 times = heart, sparkle box etc.
    2) Removing IG from the weekly rotation and making it only a weekend thing.. This will stop ez wins on that map. ( if you are down points no point in staying, people just quit.)
    3) Reducing the premades down to 10 mans so stacking won't be so often and off hours cq won't be so bad.
    4) Understanding that playing with friends also means playing against each other sometimes.

Champion of Telara

~Daglar
    Well, hope you can get it out sooner rather then later! Sorry, just because a player makes calls doesn't mean the teams are fair. I gave it a try today just to see if it's as I imagine. Jumping in 3 CQs right at start. 2 SM and 1 Steeps. All 3 times no PM on my side. Know what ended up happening? Needed 150 kills to finish my weekly, as of right now I still need 40 more. That's 100 kills total for 3 hours. And do you want to know where those kills are coming from? Extractors. Yes.... PVP kills are coming from extractors.

Don't let these sky is falling PM convince you otherwise. It's stacked. Currently one of the big CQ leaders/supporters (no naming as that's not allowed) has basically said they will still stack it even after the change. I know they try any maybe able to. And ontop of that, know what else is said, if that doesn't work they will completely sabotage these Trion tests. So that's their answer, if they don't get their way they'll stack, sabotage and make everyone's experience awful. "Just send a tell and join a PM." That's completely untrue. They form private PMs I can name 1/2 their PM raids every single time. I see groups of them doing WF as a group as well. You do enough of them and you can recognize the names and they are always on the same sides.

Either way, at /BEST/, you give 2/3 of the players a sh*t experience so the 1/3 team with a PM can steamroll everyone. They want to keep the status quo and will go to any lengths to keep it. Players see this as bad for the game. Luckily Trion sees it as bad as well so it's only a matter of time til the change comes. Except for the ones that are always on the PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast