+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift mobile app still broken

Rift Chaser

Agree that it needs to be brought up to date. Also should be an excellent vehicle for minions.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    This is completely incorrect. The RIFT Mobile app has a dedicated engineer currently working on fixing the bugs. I've passed this thread along to him so it can be added to his list.
    I'm not usually one to contradict, but I have to call you out on this one. Below is a screenshot taken from the IOS app store a few minutes ago. The last time the IOS app was updated was in February 2012 (yes, 3 years ago) and for an OS that's now 5 revisions old. That, to me, does not look like active development. The Glyph authenticator was last updated in August 2014, so why has the mobile app not been kept even remotely current as well?

Last edited by Sagittare; 01-24-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Lysali View Post
    The last thread I could find on this topic has been closed, but the issue persists for me. After logging out of the app on my iPhone 5s running iOS 8.1.2 I can't get past the region select screen. I tap North America and it slides down for a second and then pops back up over the login screen. I've restarted my phone and also deleted the app and re-downloaded it; nothing fixes it.

Very frustrating, Trion.
    I see your problem right away! iPhone < Thats it
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    I see your problem right away! iPhone < Thats it
    Such a clever and original contribution to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    I'm not usually one to contradict, but I have to call you out on this one. Below is a screenshot taken from the IOS app store a few minutes ago. The last time the IOS app was updated was in February 2012 (yes, 3 years ago) and for an OS that's now 5 revisions old. That, to me, does not look like active development. The Glyph authenticator was last updated in August 2014, so why has the mobile app not been kept even remotely current as well?

Where did Gingers say the developer had releases already?

All I see is "We have someone working on it, expect results sometime in the future". Not "We've had someone working on it and releasing updates."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Where did Gingers say the developer had releases already?

All I see is "We have someone working on it, expect results sometime in the future". Not "We've had someone working on it and releasing updates."
    The Droid app was last updated November 4, 2014. That suggests "[they've] had someone working on it and releasing updates" if you ask me.

So why, pray tell, has the iOS app not been kept current as well? As I pointed out before they do have an iOS developer, since the iOS Glyph authenticator app is current.
    <- Hello Kitty->

Rift Chaser

The Droid app was last updated November 4, 2014. That suggests "[they've] had someone working on it and releasing updates" if you ask me.

So why, pray tell, has the iOS app not been kept current as well? As I pointed out before they do have an iOS developer, since the iOS Glyph authenticator app is current.
    Just a simple ETA would be appreciated

My entire post was about not making assumptions, which you're trying to force.

If you take a look at the trouble they have with the current version of iOS and the app (last I heard, it does not launch properly or allow you to select a region). That could prove to be a larger issue than they anticipated, thus they were not updated at the same time.

Or, maybe the Android version required an update in November to get it ready for Fae Yule with the scratch offs even though those appear to be controlled server side.

We don't know. This is the whole point. They have stated they have someone working on it, they have not stated any ETA on when we will see small or significant updates or fixes. Demanding information like that is not going to get it done any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicstrand View Post
    Just a simple ETA would be appreciated
    This. So much this. A week? A month? A year? It'd be nice to have some idea when iOS8 folks will be able to get their shines.
    Faeblight Forever!

Rift Disciple

If you take a look at the trouble they have with the current version of iOS and the app (last I heard, it does not launch properly or allow you to select a region). That could prove to be a larger issue than they anticipated, thus they were not updated at the same time.
    Knowing how programming goes I would agree with this, if it weren't for the fact that there are still unaddressed issues from three years ago. The forum where these bug reports were posted and reviewed has since been moved to the archive, inactive since 2013. The region selection issue is but the most recently noticeable of many. They may have been larger issues than anticipated, but so large as to take this long? They evidently can't be that large, as some of them were solved for the Android app relatively quickly. A problem cannot both be too large to solve and be quickly solvable.

Or, maybe the Android version required an update in November to get it ready for Fae Yule with the scratch offs even though those appear to be controlled server side.
    The Droid version is 8 revisions ahead of the iOS one. Version 1.0.6 went live for both iOS and Android around the same time in February 2012 (the delay of a couple weeks with iOS is understandable because Apple has always been more strict with app store releases). Android is now on version 1.0.14, so there have been quite a few updates that iOS has missed out on. The latest update was not a one-off thing, and speaks to the fact that only one of them is being actively maintained.

We don't know. This is the whole point. They have stated they have someone working on it, they have not stated any ETA on when we will see small or significant updates or fixes. Demanding information like that is not going to get it done any faster.
    They've been saying that for a while, and there has been very little more communication than that. So you're dead on, we don't know much of anything about it. Anything substantive or concrete here would be fantastic. Even if they were to come out and say, "no, we're not actively maintaining iOS anymore" it would be preferable to no communication.

My entire post was about not making assumptions, which you're trying to force.
    This part was left for the end because the rest was needed to illustrate that there were no assumptions. There were conclusions based on the available data.

tl;dr - Any sort of status update from the mobile devs on the iOS version would be incredibly appreciated, even if it is just to tell us it is no longer maintained.
    <- Hello Kitty->

Rift Chaser

Ten months now since the last time I could use the App. In tech terms that's about three lifetimes yet it is a regular feature on the Glyph log in screen!

It seems a somewhat contentious subject with Trion and their supporters given some of the responses. All people are asking for is a little more information than 'the engineer knows about it'

Default LG Tablet

I have a new Lg tablet I got for Christmas and for kicks put the RiftMobile App on it just now. I used the iphone app twice a day everyday when it worked. The Lg works fine to my surprise. Now I can scratch scratch scratch that itch!. Hope they get the OS version working soon. Only issue was 3 times the Artifacts didn't have the scratch stuff, it was already off so I got to see what I was getting.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

The android app was updated in November. Work on the iOS side of the app was ongoing at that time, and as you can probably guess the holidays came up rather shortly thereafter. Now it's in the process of submitting and revision that happens for iOS. I don't know all the details as I'm not the guy working on it, but I do know that much.

I was right! ;)
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    The android app was updated in November. Work on the iOS side of the app was ongoing at that time, and as you can probably guess the holidays came up rather shortly thereafter. Now it's in the process of submitting and revision that happens for iOS. I don't know all the details as I'm not the guy working on it, but I do know that much.
    That's good news to hear, and understandable, so thanks for the update. Hopefully Apple will keep things somewhat timely on their end 😉
    <- Hello Kitty->

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast