+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game has a new sound after today's patch

Default Game has a new sound after today's patch

it's a very annoying constant background noise. The only fix I can find is turning the master volume back to zero under Audio settings. This is really bad /w no game sound and even worse with sound.

Is this now the sound the Arclight Rider makes? The sound is happening even If using another mount . The hoverbike didn't need a sound to start with. This is an annoying NOISE.

Freaking unreal.

Default Bugged....

I just completed the Arclight Bike race and mounted on my own mount...STILL HEAR THAT arclight bike sound.

Trion you need to fix these bugs you introduce into the game with these quests.

None of my mounts have motors...and definitely do not sound like it. When they run, I hear footsteps...or should hear footsteps. However, today my mount sounded like he ate bad grain and its causing his innards to growl.

Sword of Telara

I'm dreading this when I get home. I was super-happy with the Hoverbike, if it has an obnoxious sound attached to it now, it will upset me lots. I really wish we had option to turn off things like that, rather than run the entire game with no volume at all.
    Last edited by JDTAdmin; 01-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.

It would be nice if there was a single option in the Audio menu where you can adjust the sound of your mount. After all, some folks like the realism attached to those mounts, but some do not care for it...just like the visual.

Same for the pet sounds (looking at the mage fire elemental "GRUNT" sound).

Sword of Telara

Okay, it is a bit obnoxious, but not as awful as I expected. It's too constant droning, does sound like a lawnmower, and the odd rev up when jumping is a bit much.

Really, would be nice to be able to turn it down some, it is too constant, even when standing still. The ambient sounds of the world are much more interesting (and better) to listen to.

Edit: You know, not everyone has the music turned on, and maybe that's why it's too high. When I turn the music on, it fades out. I do not play with music though.

None of the audio sliders effects the sound except master.
    Last edited by JDTAdmin; 01-21-2015 at 03:35 PM.

I got this bug too, queue for WF, was mounted on the speeder bike, i enter the wf and can here a strange background noise

the sound effect on this mount made it go from awesome to awful.
    Broken is the only way to describe it.

/pathetic

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Hey all,

One of our awesome Audio guys caught sight of this thread, and wanted to give you guys some answers.

Hi y'all,

If you find that you are hearing the sound stuck on, dismounting and quick logout to the character screen and back should make it go away.

A more permanent fix is being implemented. After investigating, it turns out that the main cause is if you dismount from the Arclight Rider while there is someone else nearby who is still riding one. This can happen, for example, if you finish the daily quest within a several meters of another player who is also doing the quest. There seem to be a few possible other edge cases like switching maps which will be examined.

As for the other comments, I don't know if we can get a separate UI slider just for mounts but will suggest it. As Lynspottery eloquently pointed out, there is a wide array of personal preferences about this matter! I will also look at tweaking the engine sounds and bit and toning down the fire elemental vocalizations.

Cheers!
    -Andy Crosby, Trion Audio Team
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

It can't be nearly as annoying as the chopper mount/motorcycles in wow. (Yeah I tried it didn't stay) I could hear them before I could see them. I couldn't imagine having one lol.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

I heard it this evening in Tarken Glacier. It's annoying to be sure. I don't mind the clip-clop of the horse-like mounts when they are running, but other than that, I'd be happy if mounts were slient. Maybe Trion could set it so that only the player who's mount it is can hear it? In LOTRO, you had to whistle for your mount. You can imagine how that sounds when 20-40-60 or more people are mounting up. So that was Turbine's solution- they set it so that only the player heard his own whistle.
    Last edited by Shattered; 01-21-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Sword of Telara

I will say, I think the backup animation and sound is great, lol. I was messing around and was like 'Really? Back up beep?' That's a keeper.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey all,

One of our awesome Audio guys caught sight of this thread, and wanted to give you guys some answers.
    Can you ask him if the sounds are levelled based on the assumption that game music will be turned on? Just curious mostly, but would explain why it's more noticable for some people over others (those with music on and those with music off)

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast