+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple solution for PvP on PvE server problem

Telaran

Default Simple solution for PvP on PvE server problem

The problem seems to be that one side kills the other side's quest NPC's in contested zones. And the players lacking quest NPC either (1) don't want to PvP because, well, it's a PvE server, and/or (2) don't stand a chance to fight back because of population imbalance.

Making NPC's unkillable really won't work because of rift invasions. So...

Make all (defiant and gaurdian) quest NPC's in these zones on the same faction. Say something like "Defenders of Telera". This way if I kill your quest NPC, I am taking a reputation hit against the same NPC's that give me quests. Killing more than a few would both make me KOS in my own camps and prevent me from getting quests and faction rewards.

On a PVE server this would eliminate the problem of grievers forcing players to PVP that don't want to.

On a PVP server, you should be killing the other players anyway, not their quest NPC's.

(Note: there's an assumption here that accidentally killing an NPC on this faction [it happens] can be reversed through other means [WoW, DAoC, and EQ1 all have this btw--it's nothing new], but like those other games, you lose much faster than you gain, so a player can't exploit the system and still camp the NPC.)
    Last edited by Stush; 02-01-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Telaran

/self /bump

Soulwalker

Personally I hate PvP and any reasonable solution that removes it from my PvE game play experience is worth considering.

+ Reply to Thread