+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko
  • 1 Post By Solaxys
  • 1 Post By Solaxys
  • 1 Post By Necrotique
  • 1 Post By Devastron

Thread: I'm Filming, Everyone Look Awesome! (Videographer seeks film crew)

Question I'm Filming, Everyone Look Awesome! (Videographer seeks film crew)

A few of you might remember me from CITY OF HEROES as "that chick who makes the videos". Generally infamous for the battle cry: "I'M FILMING, EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME!"

I'm trying to get a feel for how the Rift community as a whole (and more specifically, on Faeblight because that's where I play the most) is willing to help out with filming stuff.

Because here is the problem.

Finding four people willing to help me slog through a dungeon isn't *usually* too difficult, and the lower-level the dungeon, the easier it is for me to outright solo it (especially when it's NOT at Expert.) Especially when no one cares if we actually FINISH - as long as we get the really cool shot and can call it a day, we're good.

The problem is the raids, and even worse, the warfronts.

Finding NINETEEN people willing to do a raid when it's not for achievements or loot or what-have-you, and having to go slower than average because I'm trying to set up a shot or want a particular scene...

... that's a lot harder.

And never mind trying to put together MULTIPLE raid teams for stuff like the fights in the Dendrome.

I don't care about the loot, the achievements, the whatever. I don't give a damn about getting shard/world firsts. I care about getting kickass footage, even if I'm not even IN the damn shot.

And of course in a warfront, there's absolutely NO way I can identify myself as a "non-combatant" just so I can get up close to a really awesome slugfest or brilliant gank without painting a target all over myself.

(I had an advantage in CoH where the devs often gave me the custom title "JUST HERE TO FILM", and after a while, the hardcore PvPers knew who I was and would fight AROUND me.)

If this really is just a pipe dream, then so be it. I will resign myself to focusing on the stuff I can do by myself without getting in anyone else's way. I won't like it, but I will do it.

But I'd like to think that somehow, folks might be willing to help me cultivate the reputation here as "that chick who makes the videos". ("Folks" includes the devs too, btw.) And look awesome doing it.

So... will you please help me?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

If he doesn't see this, you might want to PM the community manager, Ocho, and see if he can do anything. They like stuff like this, but he could find out what's possible for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    ~snip~
    While it is next to impossible to set this up in a warfront unless you have a developer's help (and they are busy atm with 3.1 release, so perhaps after they can), in a raid it is possible providing you can get however many involved per the raid number.
    If it is of a lower tier, of course, you can manage with a less-than-required number.

That being said, I am at your service. I love what you do, its interesting and helps with marketing of a game that lacks a good foreground in that department.

So let me know what you need me to do, when/where etc... [PM me with details or PM me so I can tell you whom to contact]. I don't mind taking an active role to help either, but I am not sure how much time I have in that end, but I'll do what I can.

I have cleared all content to date, so I know the ins and outs of things, so you are more than welcome to run by me of specific in-battle shots you want and we can hash it out if its feasible or not [depending on how mechanics play out]

Cheers!

===
    Oh I should add, I am very well dressed
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-19-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    While it is next to impossible to set this up in a warfront unless you have a developer's help (and they are busy atm with 3.1 release, so perhaps after they can), in a raid it is possible providing you can get however many involved per the raid number.
    If it is of a lower tier, of course, you can manage with a less-than-required number.
    I know I've soloed everything up through Abyssal Precipice (just because of that ONE DAMN BOSS), and I can solo most of the duo Chronicles.

But slivers? Raids? Rough guess, I've never done about 95% of them.

That being said, I am at your service. I love what you do, its interesting and helps with marketing of a game that lacks a good foreground in that department.
    Ironically, Trion makes some of the best trailers for games. The Endless Adventures one remains my personal favorite because it shows off all the awesomeness that is Rift in one go. But yeah, I wish they'd make more, especially since they're good at it.

So let me know what you need me to do, when/where etc... [PM me with details or PM me so I can tell you whom to contact]. I don't mind taking an active role to help either, but I am not sure how much time I have in that end, but I'll do what I can.

I have cleared all content to date, so I know the ins and outs of things, so you are more than welcome to run by me of specific in-battle shots you want and we can hash it out if its feasible or not [depending on how mechanics play out]

Cheers!

===
    Oh I should add, I am very well dressed
    *laughing*

Recommendations on the most 'cinematic' possible moments in the raids are always welcome. Tell me a) where to look, and b) where NOT to stand. Admittedly, some of the best shots I ever got in CoH were just before I died, to the point that it was a running gag that it wasn't a video shoot unless I died at least once.

And being well-dressed helps.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I know I've soloed everything up through Abyssal Precipice (just because of that ONE DAMN BOSS), and I can solo most of the duo Chronicles.

But slivers? Raids? Rough guess, I've never done about 95% of them.

Recommendations on the most 'cinematic' possible moments in the raids are always welcome. Tell me a) where to look, and b) where NOT to stand. Admittedly, some of the best shots I ever got in CoH were just before I died, to the point that it was a running gag that it wasn't a video shoot unless I died at least once.

And being well-dressed helps.
    Yup, just let me know when you want to talk and what raids you want to tackle, and we can work something out.

Rift Master

Did someone say CoH?

I'll help as well, sounds fun. Contact me via this name at Wolfsbane

Also, does the software that we used in CoH to separate the character from the environment work here as well or was that specifically for the CoH game engine?
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Rift Master

Other characters on Wolfsbane I may be on will be Nookies, Twospirit & Byzanthia
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotique View Post
    Did someone say CoH?

I'll help as well, sounds fun. Contact me via this name at Wolfsbane

Also, does the software that we used in CoH to separate the character from the environment work here as well or was that specifically for the CoH game engine?
    Unfortunately, demorecording does not exist for the engine that Rift uses - that's (virtually) unique to Cryptic's games. Which irks me to no end, because I'd cheerfully throw someone down a flight of stairs for demorecording in Rift.

Shadowlander

I quite liked your video and would like to offer my assistance to. Feel free to PM on the forums if you want to arrange something.

+ Reply to Thread