+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81
Like Tree38Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: It can still be completed over the next week.

  1. #46
    Ascendant Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    I have learned in this game that regardless of what any Trion employee says, you just never know. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

  2. #47
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I grabbed the quest after the reset and after the downtime this morning the quest had been removed from my log and is unable to be restored because it's an inactive quest.

  3. #48
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Although I'm not going to turn down (relatively) free raid loot that would have realistically taken a good few months to obtain the normal way, this whole thing has simply been poorly managed by Trion.
    • 50/50 tank/dps distribution that was acknowledged last year but left as-is.
    • Drops including raid loot from bosses that only a small handful of players had defeated.
    • Handful of players getting multiple re-rolls from CS/GMs. Some players even sending in tickets multiple times until they got the drop they wanted. And then this option is removed for the bulk of players.
    • Quest extension for another week because the removal missed patch.
    • Quest extension for yet another week because the latest patch didn't entirely remove the quests from quest logs so a large portion of players missed out on that extra week unless they managed to pick up the quest in the small 4am-7:30am PST gap.
    • Server issues that could potentially have been caused by the surge in zone event participation.

    I appreciate the gesture and getting some raid loot that would have taken a while to obtain, but this was poorly handled. I think for this year's Fae Yule, Trion should consider reverting back to 2013's Fae Yule Loot Bonus boxes, where you killed a boss and it dropped extra loot from that boss (or similar bosses) for the raid.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-14-2015 at 07:31 PM.

  4. #49
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    To all y'all (devs included):

    Last edited by dannuck; 01-14-2015 at 09:10 PM.

  5. #50
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Is the quest shareable for those of us that missed picking it up from the NPC?

  6. #51
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Nope, of course it isn't.

  7. #52
    Plane Touched Meliannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Please KILL this random LUCK fodder. 5 weeks , 5 useless dungeontank loots, gg Trion, gg

  8. #53
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Although TRION could have announce the fact that the sparkles drop another week but no one will be able to get the quest another time after todays reset/hotfix, this thread is in long parts only an envy discussion!
    QQ-ing "Whaaaaa... that guy was online earlier and could get the quest again and me noooooohooohooot!" is not the behavior that will change anything. Do you really mean you get 500 sparkles in that one week again? And if, you a) should have enough chances to get enough loot the last weeks and b) could grab the liftime quest instead... challenging like hell... ;)

    Me personally feel glad if the events would be no more congested as in the last weeks where not only the lags were horrible but the sheer numbers of players at bosses caused events being over in 3 - 5 minutes... just to camp at portals then for the next upcoming event on one of the shards.
    Last edited by Mausea; 01-15-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

  9. #54
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runeghost View Post
    Definitely an unfair advantage. You should not treat your players like this. Why even play a game that gives some players such an advantage.
    advantage over what ? this is what i dont understand. If some random guy got 2 pieces of dps gear and you got none, how are you now at a disadvantage in any way? Are you regularly pvping against this guy and losing? is he stealing your raid spot? is he stealing your NTE spot? how is someone getting a couple pieces of gear over you putting you at a disadvantage?

    i seriously have no clue wtf people are crying about, you sound like spoiled kids. i was able to finish it once and got tank gear, QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-15-2015 at 07:43 AM.

  10. #55
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    ^^^^ pretty much what Sprawl said.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

  11. #56
    Plane Touched Meliannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default

    I think people are complaining because Trion does not treat us (its customers) with parity or fairness, it's not about selfishness or being spoiled, The fact is it is just random LUCK how you're treated nowadays and what u get as rewards if any.

    it's random Luck you happened to be on for the window to get this week's sparkle quest, some ppl were not online and thus have been treated DIFFERENTLY

    some people have worked hard every week and got nothign but useless tank dungeon drops in every sparkle chest , others have had dps gear thrown at them like there was no tomorrow, Random LUCK, again people treated DIFFERENTLY for doing the same work (or less)

    some people got the SAME piece of gear from sparkle chest 2 weeks straight, they complained to GMs, some of these ppl thru Random LUCK, got a new gear piece sent to them , others with the exact same case were told tough butt you are just 'unlucky. thus ppl in the exact same situation same case were treated DIFFERENTLY.

    Back in the Golden Age of Rift the age of Reason, Enlightenment, and Parity u worked hard for stuff if u Chose to coz u KNEW u would get a useful reward. ALL of us knew that, we were treated THE SAME. Do this dungeon/quest chain u all get THIS item (or choice of 4 for your class), do it 10 times u ALL get the same reward choice, do it 1000 times u ALL get the same reward choice. So u knew at the start whether u would invest the time into the gear grind.

    Now it's just RAMDOM LUCK what u get and if u get anything, and the guy right next to u can do the exact same work and get a better reward, or even worse the guy can do 10% of what u have invested and get a better reward simply because of LUCK and players now being treated DIFFERENTLY.

    When u remove parity and fairness u open the door to complaints, frustration, bitterness, nerdrage, and ppl quitting the game. Trion's determined blind ploughing down this Random Luck path will be the destruction of the patron spine of the rift community.

    Bring back Effort = Reward, brign back you all earn this u all get the same gear choice, STOP the RANDOM LUCK chests.

    People just want to be treated the same, and not be involved in this lottery of lunacy that Trion is embracing.

    There are SO MANY issues nowadays on forum complaining about aspects of the game, and it's always due to LUCK and ppl's efforts being ignored utterly, while others are rewarded for the same or less effort. This needs to stop. Ppl love this game and want Trion to restore the game's Honour because currently Trion are Romulans.

    Do NOT trust them, captain, they are WITHOUT honour.

    'Swords in the Wind!'

    The Mel.

  12. #57
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    I think people are complaining because Trion does not treat us (its customers) with parity or fairness, it's not about selfishness or being spoiled, The fact is it is just random LUCK how you're treated nowadays and what u get as rewards if any.

    it's random Luck you happened to be on for the window to get this week's sparkle quest, some ppl were not online and thus have been treated DIFFERENTLY

    some people have worked hard every week and got nothign but useless tank dungeon drops in every sparkle chest , others have had dps gear thrown at them like there was no tomorrow, Random LUCK, again people treated DIFFERENTLY for doing the same work (or less)

    some people got the SAME piece of gear from sparkle chest 2 weeks straight, they complained to GMs, some of these ppl thru Random LUCK, got a new gear piece sent to them , others with the exact same case were told tough butt you are just 'unlucky. thus ppl in the exact same situation same case were treated DIFFERENTLY.

    Back in the Golden Age of Rift the age of Reason, Enlightenment, and Parity u worked hard for stuff if u Chose to coz u KNEW u would get a useful reward. ALL of us knew that, we were treated THE SAME. Do this dungeon/quest chain u all get THIS item (or choice of 4 for your class), do it 10 times u ALL get the same reward choice, do it 1000 times u ALL get the same reward choice. So u knew at the start whether u would invest the time into the gear grind.

    Now it's just RAMDOM LUCK what u get and if u get anything, and the guy right next to u can do the exact same work and get a better reward, or even worse the guy can do 10% of what u have invested and get a better reward simply because of LUCK and players now being treated DIFFERENTLY.

    When u remove parity and fairness u open the door to complaints, frustration, bitterness, nerdrage, and ppl quitting the game. Trion's determined blind ploughing down this Random Luck path will be the destruction of the patron spine of the rift community.

    Bring back Effort = Reward, brign back you all earn this u all get the same gear choice, STOP the RANDOM LUCK chests.

    People just want to be treated the same, and not be involved in this lottery of lunacy that Trion is embracing.

    There are SO MANY issues nowadays on forum complaining about aspects of the game, and it's always due to LUCK and ppl's efforts being ignored utterly, while others are rewarded for the same or less effort. This needs to stop. Ppl love this game and want Trion to restore the game's Honour because currently Trion are Romulans.

    Do NOT trust them, captain, they are WITHOUT honour.

    'Swords in the Wind!'

    The Mel.
    you are being a spoiled cry baby, sorry truth hurts. Lets look at the facts.

    For the casual player like myself and the majority playing rift, this quest was able to be completed once doing normal in-game activities. I did not have to grind anything, i got my 500 doing NTEs, events, and WFs for my weeklys. I got a 50/50 shot at raid gear I otherwise not have had access too since I don't raid. I got a tank piece, sucks, but who cares, it was a 50/50 shot at gear for playing normally. On top of that ~70% of players didn't even complete the quest once.

    Now for others, those who seem to be crying the loudest, you CHOSE, key verb there, to GRIND sparkles, and complete the quest multiple times because you could. This was your choice, Trion did not force this on you, you were not at a disadvantage if you didn't grind them out, you wanted to. Nobody is losing raid spots, or NTE group spots, or NMR instance spots or warfront premade spots because they didn't do the sparkle quest 5 times in 5 weeks.

    To add to that MMOs have been about random luck in their loot tables since release. Sure 50/50 was not ideal, but again, it's a quest they added to give you a chance at gear for simply playing the game. Making it a terrible 5-week grind was your choice and no fault of Trion's.

    Now continue on crying and don't forget to switch to your child's school forums and make sure they are issuing trophies to every kid as well.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-15-2015 at 08:21 AM.

  13. #58
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    I think people are complaining because Trion does not treat us (its customers) with parity or fairness, it's not about selfishness or being spoiled, The fact is it is just random LUCK how you're treated nowadays and what u get as rewards if any.

    it's random Luck you happened to be on for the window to get this week's sparkle quest, some ppl were not online and thus have been treated DIFFERENTLY

    some people have worked hard every week and got nothign but useless tank dungeon drops in every sparkle chest , others have had dps gear thrown at them like there was no tomorrow, Random LUCK, again people treated DIFFERENTLY for doing the same work (or less)

    some people got the SAME piece of gear from sparkle chest 2 weeks straight, they complained to GMs, some of these ppl thru Random LUCK, got a new gear piece sent to them , others with the exact same case were told tough butt you are just 'unlucky. thus ppl in the exact same situation same case were treated DIFFERENTLY.

    Back in the Golden Age of Rift the age of Reason, Enlightenment, and Parity u worked hard for stuff if u Chose to coz u KNEW u would get a useful reward. ALL of us knew that, we were treated THE SAME. Do this dungeon/quest chain u all get THIS item (or choice of 4 for your class), do it 10 times u ALL get the same reward choice, do it 1000 times u ALL get the same reward choice. So u knew at the start whether u would invest the time into the gear grind.

    Now it's just RAMDOM LUCK what u get and if u get anything, and the guy right next to u can do the exact same work and get a better reward, or even worse the guy can do 10% of what u have invested and get a better reward simply because of LUCK and players now being treated DIFFERENTLY.

    When u remove parity and fairness u open the door to complaints, frustration, bitterness, nerdrage, and ppl quitting the game. Trion's determined blind ploughing down this Random Luck path will be the destruction of the patron spine of the rift community.

    Bring back Effort = Reward, brign back you all earn this u all get the same gear choice, STOP the RANDOM LUCK chests.

    People just want to be treated the same, and not be involved in this lottery of lunacy that Trion is embracing.

    There are SO MANY issues nowadays on forum complaining about aspects of the game, and it's always due to LUCK and ppl's efforts being ignored utterly, while others are rewarded for the same or less effort. This needs to stop. Ppl love this game and want Trion to restore the game's Honour because currently Trion are Romulans.

    Do NOT trust them, captain, they are WITHOUT honour.

    'Swords in the Wind!'

    The Mel.
    Ok, many of the things you are complaining about are not luck based at all.

    People logging in during the window between the weekly reset and the server downtime and getting the quest again, were not lucky. They were just online. It has nothing to do with the RNG Luck you are so fond of complaining about.

    People getting items changed by GM's were given something in violation of the actual policy Trion had set in regards to the specific topic. They were not lucky; the GM's did something they weren't supposed to, and Trion explained that it was a mistake and they would not be doing it anymore. Again, not RNG based.

    Your complaint about the "Golden Age" of Rift makes little to no sense, because drops from instances and raids have always, ALWAYS, been random. You have never, ever, gotten to choose what you wanted from a boss. If you want to choose what gear you get, and when you get upgrades, you can do so, by purchasing items using currency you get from those same raids and instances.

    Your complaint that some people got things they didn't need, though accurate, is invalid, because you were never guaranteed to get gear for the spec you like to play. Just as in any instance or raid, the loot was random. Honestly, I am surprised they decided to make sure it was something for your calling. There's no guarantee of even that when you down a boss in an instance or raid.

    I'm not saying Trion handled this situation well. They didn't. At all. But your constant complaints about EVERYTHING being about luck just don't hold up when you use examples that have nothing to do with randomness. These were acts by people, not random occurrences.
    Last edited by dannuck; 01-15-2015 at 08:41 AM.

  14. #59
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    Ok, many of the things you are complaining about are not luck based at all.

    People logging in during the window between the weekly reset and the server downtime and getting the quest again, were not lucky. They were just online. It has nothing to do with the RNG Luck you are so fond of complaining about.

    People getting items changed by GM's were given something in violation of the actual policy Trion had set in regards to the specific topic. They were not lucky; the GM's did something they weren't supposed to, and Trion explained that it was a mistake and they would not be doing it anymore. Again, not RNG based.

    Your complaint about the "Golden Age" of Rift makes little to no sense, because drops from instances and raids have always, ALWAYS, been random. You have never, ever, gotten to choose what you wanted from a boss. If you want to choose what gear you get, and when you get upgrades, you can do so, by purchasing items using currency you get from those same raids and instances.

    Your complaint that some people got things they didn't need, though accurate, is invalid, because you were never guaranteed to get gear for the spec you like to play. Just as in any instance or raid, the loot was random. Honestly, I am surprised they decided to make sure it was something for your calling. There's no guarantee of even that when you down a boss in an instance or raid.

    I'm not saying Trion handled this situation well. They didn't. At all. But your constant complaints about EVERYTHING being about luck just don't hold up when you use examples that have nothing to do with randomness. These were acts by people, not random occurrences.
    Actually, your points counter your argument about luck and randomness. Every piece of that is random. The randomness of the GM who answers your ticket compared to the guy next to you with the same issue. The random chance that your GM is willing to violate policy while his follows the stated policy. Yes, the individual GM chose the action, but it was random chance that someone got one GM over another.

    What's not becoming random is the frequency with which people disbelieve the statements of the development team. And unfortunately, it looks like Archonix is starting off with the wrong foot because now people are going to be quick to disbelieve him as well.

    It's unfortunate, really. When your branding begins to be "well, they'll screw it up somehow" then it's a bad sign. Especially for a company that started off so strongly with a branding reputation of "these guys get it right" - which is much more specifically what the poster talking about the "Golden Age" was likely getting at in the post. In the first year or two, the response to this situation under a directive from Hartsman would likely be to err on the side of the player and mail out a faelight sparkle trove to the playerbase as an apology or suck it up with a hotfix and remove the quest entirely as it was the stated policy for what would be done. Or maybe both.

    There is also the likelihood that the poster is referring to the Hammerknell process with the Hexed loot that dropped a mold and you took it back to the vendor and traded it in for the specific piece of gear you wanted - tank boots or dps boots for the boot mold, tank gloves or dps gloves for the glove mold, etc. Why Trion thinks that method is detrimental, I'm not sure...they've never really explained that which leads me to believe it's only detrimental to the bottom line financially.

  15. #60
    Champion of Telara dead2soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    you are being a spoiled cry baby, sorry truth hurts. Lets look at the facts.

    For the casual player like myself and the majority playing rift, this quest was able to be completed once doing normal in-game activities. I did not have to grind anything, i got my 500 doing NTEs, events, and WFs for my weeklys. I got a 50/50 shot at raid gear I otherwise not have had access too since I don't raid. I got a tank piece, sucks, but who cares, it was a 50/50 shot at gear for playing normally. On top of that ~70% of players didn't even complete the quest once.

    Now for others, those who seem to be crying the loudest, you CHOSE, key verb there, to GRIND sparkles, and complete the quest multiple times because you could. This was your choice, Trion did not force this on you, you were not at a disadvantage if you didn't grind them out, you wanted to. Nobody is losing raid spots, or NTE group spots, or NMR instance spots or warfront premade spots because they didn't do the sparkle quest 5 times in 5 weeks.

    To add to that MMOs have been about random luck in their loot tables since release. Sure 50/50 was not ideal, but again, it's a quest they added to give you a chance at gear for simply playing the game. Making it a terrible 5-week grind was your choice and no fault of Trion's.

    Now continue on crying and don't forget to switch to your child's school forums and make sure they are issuing trophies to every kid as well.
    If I was a casual player I wouldn't care either since casual players don't really need raid gear to be successful or care much about competition in raids or pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts