+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to the Petition System

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Changes to the Petition System

Hey folks,

I just wanted to give you all a heads up that with today’s EU patch and tomorrow’s NA maintenance we’ve slightly changed how the petition system is handled in RIFT.

Now, when you want to use the petition system you can click on the Help -> Search issues, Help – > Contact Game Master, and Help - > View Petitions buttons it will launch and external browser and automatically log you in to our customer support center website. This allows you to submit or view the status of petitions, as well as browser our knowledge base for potential resolutions to your issue.

Currently we do note that there is an issue with French and German localized versions of the View Petitions button displaying without text. The button still works, and we are in the process of addressing this issue. - This is now fixed.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Ocho; 01-08-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Plane Touched

Default i don't see any way for me to submit a ticket

after I am sent to and log in to the website.

Shadowlander

Default Not fixed

this is NOT fixed, I just got another error trying to petition to get coin from a zone event that was not rewarded to my character.

Default Unsafe?!?!?!?

This is what I get when I press contact "contact game master..

"This server could not prove that it is support.trionworlds.com; its security certificate is from *.zendesk.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

"Proceed to support.trionworlds.com (unsafe)"?
    Last edited by Runningmoon; 01-08-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Boy

Default Unable to Submit ticket Like Moon my self...

Quote Originally Posted by Runningmoon View Post
    This is what I get when I press contact "contact game master..

"This server could not prove that it is support.trionworlds.com; its security certificate is from *.zendesk.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

"Proceed to support.trionworlds.com (unsafe)"?
    This is the Cite It Directed me (Boytoy) GM [Epic Dargon Lords, Lathys].
    https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...n!input.action
    I was tyring to report an "Abusive Player" in my Guild I don't want others getting my Garbage ty

Plane Touched

I hope it's helping Trion get through tickets faster on the back end, because the front end is utter ****. As long as tickets are actually gotten to in a more efficient manner, though, it's an overall improvement.

What happened to tickets that we had open prior to the switch?
    Rokola@Faeblight
    Ranaa@Faeblight

Soulwalker

Default completely worthless.

This is insane and ridiculous. Not only can I not contact a GM/submit a ticket (at all, I click the contact GM button and nothing happens), nothing external happens. So now I simply can't get any issue out, let alone fixed. I just spent several thousand aventurine, doing 10 hour minion quests and any 10 hour quest that gave back resources gave back less than I get from some 5 or 15 minutes quests....wtf. So you break the ticket system, you break my ability to contact a GM to get things fixed and reimbursed....and then you break the minions so I can't contact you. I don't know why you guys did this, but fix it fast or I'm gone.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

You should be able to submit a ticket on our support site, and can also send an email to support@trionworlds.com to get any issues squared away. I'll report that you're still having trouble with the in game system.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    You should be able to submit a ticket on our support site, and can also send an email to support@trionworlds.com to get any issues squared away. I'll report that you're still having trouble with the in game system.
    What happened to the I'm stuck button? Was looking for it the other night.
    Last edited by Nuuli; 01-11-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    What happened to the I'm stuck button? Was looking for it the other night.
    Type /stuck
    Rokola@Faeblight
    Ranaa@Faeblight

RIFT Guide Writer

Hey ocho, there's a problem with the new petition system. The game doesn't tell you when the petition got updated nor does the new system send you an e-mail.

Might want some more checks and reminders in place somewhere in-game.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

This system is just as flawed as the newsletters that either do not go out to all subscribed players, or do not include information about all upcoming events. I had to make repeated attempts at accessing the new system, using the browser rather than in-game, as nothing would happen when clicking on Contact a GM. Not only that, but it caused the game to crash when it finally did work and, minimizing the game, opened up the web browser. I'm already having trouble with the game crashing while logging in. Now I get to use a broken system that makes my game crash for an entirely different reason.

And, how is a web browser (requiring you to log in to your account separately from the game) any safer or easier than contacting a GM in-game? This new system is nowhere near as safe and secure, easy, or as effective as the tried and true in-game contact system. I foresee someone figuring out a way to manipulate this new system to gain access to other players accounts. It's simply not as safe or as convenient as the in-game system, unless, maybe, it automatically logs you into your account as the browser opens to the support ticket page?

Also, as evantide stated, it makes no sense to go this route when we have no way of knowing that the ticket is being serviced unless we slave ourselves to the browser. I already dislike having to use the forums to access event information that should be in the Rift newsletters, I don't want to be made to do so for every problem requiring a GM's attention.
    Last edited by Gualtiero; 01-21-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Hey folks,

I just wanted to give you all a heads up that with today’s EU patch and tomorrow’s NA maintenance we’ve slightly changed how the petition system is handled in RIFT.

Now, when you want to use the petition system you can click on the Help -> Search issues, Help – > Contact Game Master, and Help - > View Petitions buttons it will launch and external browser and automatically log you in to our customer support center website. This allows you to submit or view the status of petitions, as well as browser our knowledge base for potential resolutions to your issue.

Currently we do note that there is an issue with French and German localized versions of the View Petitions button displaying without text. The button still works, and we are in the process of addressing this issue. - This is now fixed.

Thanks,
    I love this game but it seems you guys are breaking things faster than you fix them. Did you go to a third party company to handle petitions or something?

Four level 65 toons, among others:
    Khazadum@Hailol --- Dixierose@Hailol
    Tempest@Hailol --- Blazes@Hailol

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celly View Post
    Type /stuck
    I HART YOU!!! I WAS GOING TO BE VERY MIFFED IF I HAD TO USE MY SOUL RECALL TY.

Check out my twitch stream!
    https://www.twitch.tv/kass2229

Having to be sent to a website to fill in a petition is problematic for some folks. Some people can't even alt+tab without issues. So whose bright idea was it to go this route? The in-game option at least allowed you to fill in details and send without having to exit the game to do so.

This new process just adds more layers for players which discourages many from bothering to report issues to you. Unless, that was the intention with the new design?

Trion, you have so many problems that still have not been addressed. Why on earth go this route making the player have to jump through hoops just to submit a ticket? The older version, in my opinion, worked just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast