+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8 and 10 Hour Artifact Missions Disabled

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default 8 and 10 Hour Artifact Missions Disabled

Hi folks!

Very shortly after the update today we realized there was a rather nasty bug causing the significantly excessive payout of artifacts for 8 and 10 hr adventures. I've disabled them for the time being. Expect them to be turned back on next week.

Sorry to all you artifact hunters!

Ah. Hmmm. Sned, I just around 3:20 sent a couple of minions on arti adventures (one on each account IIRC). Are those going to finish, or do I need to get back in game and re-send those minions on something else?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Sned what happens for the adventures I set my minions on this morning before I went to work? Will those still complete all right? Or should I wait until you guys sound the all-clear?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

As I don't expect this to be fixed until next week, I personally wouldn't wait. Claiming the adventures shouldn't cause any problems with your minions

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Sned what happens for the adventures I set my minions on this morning before I went to work? Will those still complete all right? Or should I wait until you guys sound the all-clear?

Well, there go my plans for using aventurine to find/hurry fae yule minventures.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Fae Yule adventures should be entirely unaffected. Only 8 and 10 hour adventures with the reward type of Artifact are disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Well, there go my plans for using aventurine to find/hurry fae yule minventures.

Thanks, missed that word.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    As I don't expect this to be fixed until next week, I personally wouldn't wait. Claiming the adventures shouldn't cause any problems with your minions
    lol of course it didn't cause any problems. One of our members got 23 epic and bounty artifiacts. So does he get to keep those? Not very fair to the rest of us as he used this exploit...lol

Telaran

This is what happens when y9ou go and ninja adjust stuff. There are tons of other things that NEED to be adjusted and fixed. Like half the quests that don't work and can't be finished. No nodes to harvest.
    So now we don't get artifqcts, we don't get the long duration ascended power but instead we get one that was worse than what we started with and a couple of disabled zone events. Crappy loot drops. Loot chests that have worse stuff then what i have now. Orange loot boxes that have 65 lvl loot that is no better than 60 lvl stuff.

I cant see where this expansion was worth $10 let alone $50 or worse yet $150

Quote Originally Posted by Feleena View Post
    I cant see where this expansion was worth $10 let alone $50 or worse yet $150
    The expansion was free. The collector's editions were sold for cash (or one of them, for credits, now, so you can even earn it by playing). No one had to pay a cent for any of the content, nor will they ever have to.

If you chose to purchase a collector's edition simply because you felt you couldn't live without the convenience of it, rather than because of the goodies, that is still on you. The expansion still cost $0.
    <Moonshadow> Deepwood Denizens:
    Ariarisha * Kalentiri * Revantari * Lilavasi * Rhonwen

artifacts are serious business

just means more JUNK DIMENSION ITEMS that I still can't skip

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hi folks!

Very shortly after the update today we realized there was a rather nasty bug causing the significantly excessive payout of artifacts for 8 and 10 hr adventures. I've disabled them for the time being. Expect them to be turned back on next week.

Sorry to all you artifact hunters!
    The Autumn Harvest event was a nasty excessive payout of artifacts but that didn't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    The Autumn Harvest event was a nasty excessive payout of artifacts but that didn't stop you.
    Well the actual bug, was handing out between 75-100 artifacts,

Mostly epic world bounties
    Or pvp bounties

With couple unstable blues :O

Its a nasty bug

When i claimed my 10 hour adventure, I scrolled back down and up, at least 4-5 times... to make sure i was'nt dreaming lol

I'll miss my artifact runs, cause they were my favorite/focused
    But eh... I got easily a week ++ Of artifacts, at a "Normal" rate

I'm kinda curious if world bounties, are still gonna be obtainable thru minions..
    Or it was just a bug, that they got in.. without permission lol

Cause... I have 250 Days played, and never found a SINGLE world bounty..

Sincerely, Exxy

The artifact adventures are what keep me going with minions. Why wasn't this fixed in time for this morning's update?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

A fair question:

Builds take several hours to complete. Then several more hours to test. So if we want to get a build out that night for our European players we need to have any emergency fixes in very early on Wednesday. This bug wasn't discovered until the build was already chugging along. Doing another build at that point would have likely caused too much downtime (possibly requiring another day) as well as additional testing overhead.

Do note: 5 and 15 minute artifact adventures are still completely fine and can be done as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    The artifact adventures are what keep me going with minions. Why wasn't this fixed in time for this morning's update?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast