+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Expert Nightmare Coast closed for repair?

Rift Chaser

Default Expert Nightmare Coast closed for repair?

If I try to queue specifically for Expert Nightmare Coast there's a lock over the check box for it that says its currently closed for repair. What is this?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I've heard "rumors" of a clever use of game mechanics in there, all hearsay but consider it closed to fix this exploit.

Rift Disciple

You can flat out skip all mechanics on 3/4 bosses.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Rift Chaser

Any official word from Trion on this?

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Yes, some dirty exploiters found an exploit and are going to be rounded up and punished.

Until we can implement a fix for the exploit it is closed.

~Daglar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Yes, some dirty exploiters found an exploit and are going to be rounded up and punished.

Until we can implement a fix for the exploit it is closed.

~Daglar
    what did the exploit involve?
    im not asking what/how exactly it was done, but I mean - what could they gain from the exploit that made you have to turn it off?

Can we get the weird aky enrage things taken care of too pretty please. That drives me bananas, pull 10 sec later enrage... group wipe.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

Well it isn't the first time, maybe you should round up and punish all those people who used tactics to skip bosses in the first few weeks, gyel fortress being a good example... or perhaps punish those who used los mechanics on bosses in SL...

Or perhaps give marks to all those people who wiped over and over on bugged dungeons, second boss in nightmare coast for example.

Or perhaps all those guilds who got first on shards for killing raid bosses with the bugged cleric healing crystal on their tanks or defilers.

I think your game is awesome, but I accept it for what it is and not all patches are perfect... and human error creeps its head from time to time.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

3v1L,
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Quote Originally Posted by 3v1L View Post
    Well it isn't the first time, maybe you should round up and punish all those people who used tactics to skip bosses in the first few weeks, gyel fortress being a good example... or perhaps punish those who used los mechanics on bosses in SL...

Or perhaps give marks to all those people who wiped over and over on bugged dungeons, second boss in nightmare coast for example.

Or perhaps all those guilds who got first on shards for killing raid bosses with the bugged cleric healing crystal on their tanks or defilers.

I think your game is awesome, but I accept it for what it is and not all patches are perfect... and human error creeps its head from time to time.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

3v1L,
    Skipping bosses is likely not the exploit. There was an extremely bad one a couple of weeks back that didn't make it out to many people, but could have completely trivialized part of rep grinding.

Specifics on exploits will likely never be shown off here on the forums either, unless some player brings it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TekBlk View Post
    Can we get the weird aky enrage things taken care of too pretty please. That drives me bananas, pull 10 sec later enrage... group wipe.
    This. Someone touches the water and we all die.

When boss mechanic's are buggy and things like the green orb's don't show up. Therefor the next person in line is killed by the boss. Until the entire party is killed. Are we allowed to punish the development team? Yeah, didn't think so... I have no issues when it goes both ways. my .02¢

Ascendant

I think it have something to do with sparklee quests as well. If you could skill first 3 bosses and just farm 4th over and over again that would make farming sparkless a lot easier compared to what non-exploiters have to do to finish it.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

There shouldn't be any exploits in the first place.

That was what the PTS was for if i remember correctly... To make sure content was ready.

Hi

Tbf you could do the same in gyel fortress and citadel of insanity, the number of times you would go into a dungeon and they would want to skip cat/styler and the majority of the trash... i would understand if there were something else involved as techie will mentioned but if it is punishing players for getting currency a little quicker it's no different.

Up until now any bug which has meant a boss or its mechanics have been bypassed the Dev team has stepped in and put an invisible wall in... shook it's finger with a cheeky smile and accepted that it is a bug and moved on. It was a nice relationship and we simply went on our merry way, just thought the mention of the word punish was a bit harsh especially one without any specifics where anyone could be affected and have their characters (which they have spent alot of time one in the past few months) turned inside out (again punishment not specific).

I mean if we're talking maxing out your weekly AC marks in a single evening fair enough, but if it's 40 marks where is the line?

And when it comes to closing a dungeon due to bugs why didnt that happen in the first few weeks of release, where nightmare coast 50% (rng) was impossible to kill the first boss due to bugs? typically its been "we will fix it in the next patch" which could have saved many hours... and you certainly didnt see me moan about it... just accepted it and moved on (until now).

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Skipping bosses is likely not the exploit. There was an extremely bad one a couple of weeks back that didn't make it out to many people, but could have completely trivialized part of rep grinding.

Specifics on exploits will likely never be shown off here on the forums either, unless some player brings it up.

I do hope you are right techie will, Im loving the expansion so far.

3v1L.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 01-08-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Plane Touched

Until now there are only speculations about the exploit. Depending of how hard the exploit was (harming the market or other players), abusers should be punished.

There are at least two other Boss skip mechanics in different dungeons I know, and probably the Devs know. Still they are open. Boss skip mechanics surely wouldn't lead to a closed dungeon, that's for sure. So people should not be worried about that.

I hope Trion will at least give some informations what the exploit was. The exploit of free reputation grind was fixed some weeks ago. That should also not be the abuse we are talking about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast