+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Methadras

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Extended?

Default Fae Yule Extended?

Is the entire Fae Yule world event extended as a whole event or is it only the sparkle quest that lasts for another week?

I would like to spend my snowflakes before the event ends and want to make sure I get them used up before the tab disappears in the Rift store.

Shadowlander

They usually leave the world event tab up in the shop for a while after the event is over to allow people to spend out their event currencies.

Rift Disciple

Where are people getting that the sparkle quest is extended???
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Fae Yule is not extended. It ends on Thursday, Jan 8, at 3:30 Server Time.

The Fae Light quest was added to coincide with Fae Yule, but was a special bonus added by Daglar and is controlled independently, not through the event scheduler, which is why it is ending at a different time.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 01-07-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Thankfully, the sooner it's gone the better.
    It has been quite an annoyance to me...

Note, this is my PoV, I respect any other PoV in the matter, but this one is mine.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine. (to go with FMJ)
    Last edited by Ikken eh; 01-07-2015 at 08:03 AM.
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

I really wish this quest would die. The idea is great, the implementation was terrible.

From a a player perspective grinding all those sparkles and receiving tank loot,then duplicate tank loot when so very few of us actually tank is beyond frustrating.

From a Dev perspective the event was a huge success. The amount of people participating in the event, the volume of people engaging in zone events and other content that they wouldn't normally do was up across the board.

So how was my luck? Why am I bitter?
    Week one: Tank helm
    Week two: Tank helm (duplicate of week one)
    Week three: Tank boots
    Week four: DPS earring I all ready had.
    Week five: TBD (I'm leaning toward a third tank helm)

Now with the loot tables in raids, had I been a raid tank, I would most likely all ready have had most if not all of this equipment. So seeing how I am not a raid tank These items are little to no benefit to me.

This is the flaw in this entire system. I would have rather the boxes give raid currency and allowed me to choose the items I wanted to buy. Unfortunately the currency caps are so low that wouldn't have worked either. That's another topic all together though.

Personal feelings aside, I think some form of this quest should be made permanent. We currently don't have a weekly quest for raid bosses like we did in SL. This quest could be modified to drop currency with a rare chance at armor like the old quests.

A second variation of this quest could also be added. For a lower amount a "sparkles" lets say 200, you could get an expert quality box with loot specific to the end bosses in experts. While this may not receive the same level of participation that the sparkle event garnered, it will still give people a chance, once a week, to get something at an expert quality level.
    The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesium View Post
    I really wish this quest would die. The idea is great, the implementation was terrible.

From a a player perspective grinding all those sparkles and receiving tank loot,then duplicate tank loot when so very few of us actually tank is beyond frustrating.

From a Dev perspective the event was a huge success. The amount of people participating in the event, the volume of people engaging in zone events and other content that they wouldn't normally do was up across the board.

So how was my luck? Why am I bitter?
    Week one: Tank helm
    Week two: Tank helm (duplicate of week one)
    Week three: Tank boots
    Week four: DPS earring I all ready had.
    Week five: TBD (I'm leaning toward a third tank helm)

Now with the loot tables in raids, had I been a raid tank, I would most likely all ready have had most if not all of this equipment. So seeing how I am not a raid tank These items are little to no benefit to me.

This is the flaw in this entire system. I would have rather the boxes give raid currency and allowed me to choose the items I wanted to buy. Unfortunately the currency caps are so low that wouldn't have worked either. That's another topic all together though.

Personal feelings aside, I think some form of this quest should be made permanent. We currently don't have a weekly quest for raid bosses like we did in SL. This quest could be modified to drop currency with a rare chance at armor like the old quests.

A second variation of this quest could also be added. For a lower amount a "sparkles" lets say 200, you could get an expert quality box with loot specific to the end bosses in experts. While this may not receive the same level of participation that the sparkle event garnered, it will still give people a chance, once a week, to get something at an expert quality level.
    According to probability you getting that 2nd helm was ridiculously low...BUT this is rift so yeah you will probably get a third one.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Shadowlander

Well, Daglar has admitted the drop rate for tank gear was supposed to be set at 25% but was mistakenly set to 50%..and that it would not be fixed because the update would be happening after the quest had ended.
    With the quest having been extended another week, I really wish they would have fixed the rates so it would be working properly this final week. And im guessing it hasn't going on reading the patch notes. If this is the case, then that's a shame.

I cannot complain about the Yule Loot, since I ran as far as possible from the entire thing. :P
    But the quests were abominable, absolutely without any RP meaning, boring.

I do like the intention, don't get me wrong, I am happy and grateful for the intention, sadly it was poorly worked out, without any story towards the game or it's story.

Hopefully, next year better?
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
    Well, Daglar has admitted the drop rate for tank gear was supposed to be set at 25% but was mistakenly set to 50%..and that it would not be fixed because the update would be happening after the quest had ended.
    With the quest having been extended another week, I really wish they would have fixed the rates so it would be working properly this final week. And im guessing it hasn't going on reading the patch notes. If this is the case, then that's a shame.
    Now, who did that and why aren't their balls being busted for it? And why is it so hard to go back into the code and type in 25% and send out the hotfix?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    Now, who did that and why aren't their balls being busted for it? And why is it so hard to go back into the code and type in 25% and send out the hotfix?
    because they already said there wasn't gonna be a hotfix over the holidays.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ikken eh View Post
    Note, this is my PoV, I respect any other PoV in the matter, but this one is mine.There are many others like it, but this one is mine. (to go with FMJ)
    I prefer this use of that phrase from one of my fave poets:

Totally off subject but worth sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    because they already said there wasn't gonna be a hotfix over the holidays.
    I know that, I was just venting. Do I need to use a /vent disclaimer?

+ Reply to Thread