+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orrinb1969

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Just a minion question...

Default Just a minion question...

EXAMPLE:
    So, I send out minions.
    Sometimes I get say 3 stars on a 7 hour quest, and they return with a blue item and some things, or... quite good loot.
    Then, I send another on a 7 hour mission, he gets 6 stars.... and I end up with 2 sarleaf?

Can someone explain the logic behind all this please?
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

Well, i suggested in the other thread about minions something like
    1 resource node per 1 hour minion adventure time,
    and something extra for the stars.

I might be wrong, but at the moment you can make more resources with 5/15 min. adventures, then with the 8hrs or 10hrs.
    And i'm not sure if we can expect an upgrade on the minion adventure rewards, or when the fix for the bugged star reward count is comming.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

also remember that there is a die roll added to the stats that are on your minion, and we don't know if it is a D6 or a D100, so there is still that chance element added in to the minion system.

and Schneeball is correct. Working 5/15 minute minions for resources will gain you a better amount of resources than one 8 hour mission. And there are several threads on the forum about Minions and Riftgrate has an excellent article on how the system works (link provided)
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Thank you kindly.
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Sure! I can explain this.

There is currently a user interface bug where you appear to get 6 stars but in reality are getting less than that, usually 1 star based on what I've heard from players. We're working on tracking it down but have yet to find a reliable repro case. Though we are aware of something going on with the low quality render, but this seems to be beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikken eh View Post
    EXAMPLE:
    So, I send out minions.
    Sometimes I get say 3 stars on a 7 hour quest, and they return with a blue item and some things, or... quite good loot.
    Then, I send another on a 7 hour mission, he gets 6 stars.... and I end up with 2 sarleaf?

Can someone explain the logic behind all this please?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

The die roll can be independently set up for each reward type. Currently for every type of reward the system uses multiple dice to create a nice bell curve.

Quote Originally Posted by orrinb1969 View Post
    also remember that there is a die roll added to the stats that are on your minion, and we don't know if it is a D6 or a D100, so there is still that chance element added in to the minion system.

and Schneeball is correct. Working 5/15 minute minions for resources will gain you a better amount of resources than one 8 hour mission. And there are several threads on the forum about Minions and Riftgrate has an excellent article on how the system works (link provided)

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Sure! I can explain this.

There is currently a user interface bug where you appear to get 6 stars but in reality are getting less than that, usually 1 star based on what I've heard from players. We're working on tracking it down but have yet to find a reliable repro case. Though we are aware of something going on with the low quality render, but this seems to be beyond that.
    Ummmm . . . yeah, there is definitely something beyond the low quality renderer. I don't use it and still get those poor returns for what looks like a 6 star award.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    The die roll can be independently set up for each reward type. Currently for every type of reward the system uses multiple dice to create a nice bell curve.
    I know you've explained how minion stats get added to the roll value, but I'm curious how much "value" this actually adds. For example, is a max roll 50 or is it 100? Are the star tiers evenly split, or are they bell shaped as well (ie. 1 and 6 star have a small roll range, 3 star the largest roll range). Are the star chances different between different adventures? I'd understand if you don't wish to share this information as it seems to be Trion's policy to hide all RNG values / drop chances from players, but it would be nice to know.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Yep agreed, there is something beyond the low quality render. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Ummmm . . . yeah, there is definitely something beyond the low quality renderer. I don't use it and still get those poor returns for what looks like a 6 star award.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Again this is stuff that's all variable depending on the reward type. Different adventures have different tiers of rewards behind the scenes. Each of these tiers has it's own threshold which may or may not match a threshold for a similar tier in a different adventure type.

If you're curious about the minion system's internals I can however point you to a blog I wrote for Gamasutra.: http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DanHollin...ng_Minions.php

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    I know you've explained how minion stats get added to the roll value, but I'm curious how much "value" this actually adds. For example, is a max roll 50 or is it 100? Are the star tiers evenly split, or are they bell shaped as well (ie. 1 and 6 star have a small roll range, 3 star the largest roll range). Are the star chances different between different adventures? I'd understand if you don't wish to share this information as it seems to be Trion's policy to hide all RNG values / drop chances from players, but it would be nice to know.

Default minions

It would be nice if we had 1 hour missions that would be ideal for peeps that are farming NTE's because it gets really annoying having to sort minions out every 15 mins while doing experts

+ Reply to Thread