+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 115
Like Tree13Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR

  1. #91
    Telaran Shanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    yup, there is nothing "golden" in Starfall. "La comète de la Prophétie" or "La prophétie de chutétoile" would have made wayyyy more sense.

    And remember, all free player will mostly being doing lvl 65 raid and so, the Intrepid Gilded prophecy. I foresee a LOT of confusion in the coming month.

    If you do plan to stick with "Prophétie dorée", can we have some insight as why? Trademark problem? Scenaristic choice? Or just you didn't really looked into it and used the first thing coming to your mind?

    I'm living with a translator working for a video game company (not trion), and she was as baffle as me by what to appear to be making no sense.
    Shanor@Brisesol
    Maître Mage de l'Ordre Draconique
    L'Ordre Draconique - Guilde PvE/PvP à forte vocation jeux de rôle.
    http://www.lagardedraconique.org/

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #92
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    The profanity filter applied for "naming" is based on the server language, not the client language. In other words, you can expect correct German/French names being rejected on an English server.

    Now, if this issue is occurring on German server, we'll definitely perform more investigations.

    Concerning the server status, "Up" and "Down" have been set to "online" and "offline" in German.

    Andrealphus.

  3. #93
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Thanks. The profanity filter issue is on Brutwacht, Kunterbunt should not be inappropriate there.
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 08-15-2016 at 04:00 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

  4. #94
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default Tooltip wrong

    Tooltip for Mount "Bolt" is incorrect in the german version.
    Volt says 60% or scaling
    Bolt says 155% or scaling. But it is also 60%

  5. #95
    Telaran Shanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    So I guess we won't have any-more insight on the reason of the French name for the xpac being a misfit rehash of an old raid name?

    Some of you may find my perseverance in the domain without a cause, but it as a none native English speaker, this is the kind of topic that speak volume about how the none English community are considered.

    "Prophétie dorée" ... So gold? Ankhek is blue greenish.... Where does there is any GOLD in that prophecy?
    Shanor@Brisesol
    Maître Mage de l'Ordre Draconique
    L'Ordre Draconique - Guilde PvE/PvP à forte vocation jeux de rôle.
    http://www.lagardedraconique.org/

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
    Tooltip for Mount "Bolt" is incorrect in the german version.
    Volt says 60% or scaling
    Bolt says 155% or scaling. But it is also 60%
    We've checked the tool tip in German and French for Bolt(Donnerkeil, Laflèche) and Volt. The translation are matching with the English.

    As for the actual speed, they seemed to also be correct (according to our dev team). Now if this is not what you are experiencing please let me know.

    Andrealphus

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #97
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Thanks. The profanity filter issue is on Brutwacht, Kunterbunt should not be inappropriate there.
    After further investigation with dev and CS - the profanity filter for "naming" is indeed catching more than the server "language". This was set to avoid players to be insulted in other languages.

  8. #98
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrealphus View Post
    After further investigation with dev and CS - the profanity filter for "naming" is indeed catching more than the server "language". This was set to avoid players to be insulted in other languages.
    :-( who in the dimension community would even do that?? So I guess my dimension will forever be called in a way no german will ever recognize it.

    okay, another translation issue in the german version:

    Guild ranks. "Dimensions: place" is translated with "Dimensionen: Ort" which is utterly confusing (technically correct translation of the word, but "Ort" means "location", not "to place"). It should be "Dimensionen: Platzieren", this would also be in line with the translation in personal dimension permissions.
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 09-02-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

  9. #99
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    167

    Default

    These items appear to be in a strange relation: What is the final name of this fish?

    Oorl-Schiffshalter
    Anleitung: Oorl-Schiffshalter-Köder
    Oorl-Schiffshalter-Köder { Benutzen: Hilft Euch dabei, Stachelmakrelen zu fangen. }
    Stachelmakrelen-Köder
    Trophäe: Stachelmakrelen

  10. #100
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrealphus View Post
    We've checked the tool tip in German and French for Bolt(Donnerkeil, Laflèche) and Volt. The translation are matching with the English.

    As for the actual speed, they seemed to also be correct (according to our dev team). Now if this is not what you are experiencing please let me know.

    Andrealphus
    Speed between this two mounts is the same, both have 60% or scaling. And since both cost the same, it looks logically that they have the same speed.
    Only the Tooltip between these two is different, so i thougt tooltip is wrong. Maybe it is wrong in all languages.. ?

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #101
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    :-( who in the dimension community would even do that?? So I guess my dimension will forever be called in a way no german will ever recognize it.

    okay, another translation issue in the german version:

    Guild ranks. "Dimensions: place" is translated with "Dimensionen: Ort" which is utterly confusing (technically correct translation of the word, but "Ort" means "location", not "to place"). It should be "Dimensionen: Platzieren", this would also be in line with the translation in personal dimension permissions.
    The text has been modified, and you "should" see the changes the week of Dec 6th.

    Andrealphus

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #102
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LigH View Post
    These items appear to be in a strange relation: What is the final name of this fish?

    Oorl-Schiffshalter
    Anleitung: Oorl-Schiffshalter-Köder
    Oorl-Schiffshalter-Köder { Benutzen: Hilft Euch dabei, Stachelmakrelen zu fangen. }
    Stachelmakrelen-Köder
    Trophäe: Stachelmakrelen
    Stachelmakrele/Stachelmakrelen will be used instead of the numerous other words. Again, this should be visible in next week hot fix.

    Andrealphus.

  13. #103
    Sword of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    A problem on active upgrades:



    no text!

    NB: It's on eternal weapon on the screen, but the problem is on all active upgrades.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  14. #104
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    German version:

    With the new tenebrean building blocks, "sphere" got translated differently. All the other spheres are translated with "-kugel", the new building blocks are translated with "-sphäre". Please adjust this, preferably to "kugel", since Sphäre is a bit over the top, language wise, and Kugel is pretty accurate ;-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

  15. #105
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    A problem on active upgrades:



    no text!

    NB: It's on eternal weapon on the screen, but the problem is on all active upgrades.
    Je rejoins Aeryle là-dessus: nous n'avons strictement aucune indication sur ce qu'il y a à faire pour augmenter une arme lootée en raid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts