+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Post Loc Issue Status Summary

Localization Issue Status Summary
    2015-07-29 17:00 Pacific

Even if you don't see someone from Trion Loc posting here, we are making an effort to read this thread from the shadows. We'll probably get in touch by private message when we need more details to address your report.

About reporting:
    • DESCRIPTION with the name of the affected item / recipe / gear / minion... If the name displays... Ouch
    • SCREENSHOT large enough for text to be readable. When mouseover text exists, showing it in the image is très +helpful+.
    • Report in German, French, English, Russian. Russian is officially a partial localization so English appearing in the Russian version won't be recognized as a bug.
    • The localization team does not have access to your character data or account data. We can't research "you" to locate the problem.
    • Post here, or private message to Explikor. An in-game bug report form from the "?" icon in the lower-left shortcut bar inside the RIFT client is good but doesn't accept screenshots.

Everyone who patiently posted issues here before today should look forward to a special thanks in the 3.3-5 DE/FR patch notes. I anticipate the localized patch notes going live in Glyph on Friday Pacific time while you're watching our live streams (right???), late at night in Central European Time. If for some reason that doesn't happen, check under your pillow the next morning. The translation faerie never sleeps!

Farewell until the next post / private message / patch note!
    scottg in Loc

Post 2 (Wryn)
    Issue: Neidrig

Post 3 (Souldrifter)
    Issue: Stammspeielr-Vorteile
    Status: Marketing asset no longer live. Fixed legacy translation data so it would not be inadvertently recycled.

Post 4 (Aeryle)
    Issue: (1) Phase 90 vs 150. (2) Charge intériorisée.
    Status: (1) A fix was put live in the 20150729 hotfix. (2) Investigated but found to be fixed already.

Post 5, 15 (Schneeball)
    Issue: (1) Stammspeielr-Vorteile. (2) Tyrannenschmede. (3) English displays in Planar Attunement.
    Status: (1) Marketing asset no longer live. (2) Tyrannenschmiede spelling mistakes no longer found in game data circa 20150729. (3) The screenshot in your Post-15 has been used to create an internal bug report and I expect we'll get a fix live in the next hotfix.

Post 6 (Aeryle)
    Issue: New recipe localization circa hotfix 3.1-3.
    Status: Known issues were resolved by the dev team and loc team in or before March 2015. UPDATE: Aeryle was nice enough to get back to me by private message with some good details. The loc team will address whatever we find and publish a fix for loc data problems by mid-August. If code problems are discovered, and I'm "hoping" that's the cause, a fix may take much longer.

Post 7 (Zami)
    Issue: (1) Recipe localization, particularly from 3.1-3. (2) Tyrant Throne loot.
    Status: (1) Known recipe issues resolved by March 2015, although see Post 6 status update. (2) Tyrant Throne loot localization should be complete. If you still notice problems please let us/me know at your convenience by citing specific loot names.

Post 8 (Elayara)
    Issue: (1) Earring recipes display dummy text in game client. (2) English names not inserted where translation was presumably incomplete.
    Status: (1) The intended game text was eventually implemented and known bugs addressed. The timing of the fixes may have differed according to language version. It would be great if you could report any specific old (or new) problem items at your convenience. (2) Duping English into the localized versions as a fallback plan when translation cannot be completed is in fact our intention. Doing so, however, requires human intervention at specific timing and arcane magic by one of a select few people in the studio. The dev team does understand the cause-effect damage of last-minute content additions and tries hard to avoid adding anything that can't be localized in time for the patch. When the situation does occur, we work to get it cleared up in the next hotfix. It's understandably frustrating, agreed.

Post 9 (Svealyn)
    Issue: Irregular German language usage by NPC.
    Status: The designer wrote the character to be that way. English and French versions feature similar linguistic irregularities to evoke characterization.

Post 10 (Elayara)
    Issue: New achievements for hover disk are missing text and minion reward is unexplained.
    Status: All localization tied to this content was submitted and testing didn't turn up these particular issues. It's possible though unconfirmed for me that testing was not directed toward the full needed scope of content at the time. If you notice anything wrong even now associated with this content, we would certainly like to know, at your convenience of course.

Post 11 (Koruen)
    Issue: Identical French translations are used for a mastery and an ability.
    Status: Confirmed 20150727 and we rushed a short-term fix just barely in time for the 20150729 hotfix. French players will now see "(Faith's Reward)" for the level 64 mastery until a permanent name can be applied. Faith Rewarded remains Récompense de foi.

Post 12 (Moystia)
    Issue: (1) Artifacts for the Plane of Water don't appear in French. (2) Hammerknell Instant Adventure loot doesn't appear in French. (3) Frozen Dreams recipes don't appear in French.
    Status: (1) At this point I'm afraid we need you or another player to state specific examples. I don't know whether you're talking about vanilla Nightmare Tide content or something added for a patch afterward, so screenshots or at least a name or two would get this addressed MUCH faster, if it's still an issue. (2) We worked very, very hard on HK IA content so this report makes me feel as if... my pet has died. Could I ask that you please check again and update this thread or send me a private message with specific loot details? I'm not able to reproduce internally what you're reporting. (3) Confirmed for one item and an internal bug report now exists. If that bugfix turns up more problems, they'll get fixed. If not, it'll just be the one item, unless more info emerges from you or other players.

Post 13 (lupercal16)
    Issue: (1) Strands of Draum and Strands of Arak recipes have no name in the recipes list. (2) Kondraum est fou de rage.
    Status: (1) Investigating. Assuming this is true, it might not be resolved within the next few hotfixes. (2) A fix was pushed live 20150729.

Post 14 (Aeryle)
    Issue: (1) 3.3 planar crafting content missing from UI. (2) 3.2/Frozen Dreams missing name(s).
    Status: (1) Investigating. Assuming this is true, it might not be resolved entirely within the next few hotfixes. (2) Partially confirmed. Investigating. My concern is that a fix for what we do find will not catch all issues. It would be great if you could update us again circa late-August if you don't see a change or hear more from us.

Post 14@P.S. (Aeryle, but you were all thinking the same thing)
    Issue: Trion Loc has not responded to bug reports since the thread opened in January.
    Status: Sadly, no one can disagree with that. We generally watch rather than jump onto forums, because there aren't enough hours in the day to act like a community manager and still finish our work on upcoming content. When these first 15 reports went unaddressed, it was because we believed the issues were taken care of already. For every 1 post here, we receive 10 issues reported through the in-game client bug report form. However, it became unbearably clear that good members here were losing faith due to the lack of public acknowledgement so I made time this week to publicly thank you, and personally address your posts in private messages first. I'm glad I did! We definitely didn't spot everything that you did. Note: I don't anticipate being able to make frequent and detailed posts in this way but I hope doing so this time helps reestablish trust. m(_ _ )m
    Last edited by Explikor; 07-29-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explikor View Post
    I anticipate the localized patch notes going live in Glyph on Friday Pacific time while you're watching our live streams (right???), late at night in Central European Time.
    I wish I could... but the RIFT stream is at 4:00 PM PDT (not even sure what this means, but google told me it's after midnight in germany).

I even consider it to let my pc run while logged in into twitch... maybe I will win something while I am asleep.
    Assuming it is still enough to follow the Trion Channel to be eligible for giveaways. :P

Telaran

German Version:
    Since the new version in Hammerknell-Adventures i have english speech instead of german

Plane Touched

Fine-Unwavering-Rune

has a wrong translation (in german) after it has been crafted. In the crafting window the name is displayed correctly but inside the bag it becomes an rune with a duplicated name.

There are two "Feine Rune der Deutlichkeit" with different stats inside the bag. After upgrading the rune to "detailed" naming is correctly.

You can find it here: http://rift.magelo.com/de/recipe/158...tandhaftigkeit, and also as seen in my screenshot.

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-2015-07-30_100138.jpg

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
    German Version:
    Since the new version in Hammerknell-Adventures i have english speech instead of german

Hello--
    What you're hearing is not a bug. We've been implementing English voiceover into DE/FR versions since the time when we stopped recording localized voiceover lines for RIFT.
    The very sudden appearance of a lot of English voiceover lines in your version, for content ranging from from 3.1 through 3.3, is due to an issue being fixed recently that had blocked the implementation of English voiceover into the loc versions. You're suddenly getting access to a lot of English voiceover lines that had been intended to play in your version earlier in the year.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Explikor; 07-30-2015 at 07:59 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    Fine-Unwavering-Rune

has a wrong translation (in german) after it has been crafted. In the crafting window the name is displayed correctly but inside the bag it becomes an rune with a duplicated name.

There are two "Feine Rune der Deutlichkeit" with different stats inside the bag. After upgrading the rune to "detailed" naming is correctly.

You can find it here: http://rift.magelo.com/de/recipe/158...tandhaftigkeit, and also as seen in my screenshot.

Attachment 25302
    Hello--
    Confirmed. A fix will go live in the next client update (I usually say "at the next hotfix" but to be precise, a server-side update won't get you the corrected data).
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Explikor; 07-30-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Thank you Explikor for giving us some news.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Yes, thank you for keeping us updated and thanks to everyone working on those localization issues.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    Devilian, refer-a-friend code: DGM2KGXD96RWMJWMC6HX
    and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Explikor View Post

Hello--
    What you're hearing is not a bug. We've been implementing English voiceover into DE/FR versions since the time when we stopped recording localized voiceover lines for RIFT.
    The very sudden appearance of a lot of English voiceover lines in your version, for content ranging from from 3.1 through 3.3, is due to an issue being fixed recently that had blocked the implementation of English voiceover into the loc versions. You're suddenly getting access to a lot of English voiceover lines that had been intended to play in your version earlier in the year.
    Thank you.
    If you stop making voice in French and german, can you add an option to make ALL NPC speaking english in our localized clients?

Having some NPC speaking French and some other speaking english is very annoying.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Telaran

Default Craft localisation issue in UI

As you can see on my screenshots, on the same character, same PC, but first with the game in english then with the game in french:

All new craft have missing name !
    In the screenshot it is all the compagnon craftable with the artificer, but also all minions, the two brands (Arak and Draum), all bunches for wardrobe, and so on ...
    I have all craft skill at the maximum and a lot of empty rows in my craft UI.

When can we expect to have all with at least a name to link and to find more easily what we want to craft ?

I love Rift, I am patron subscriber since the beginning but I may reconsider this if you do not show us you want to take care of all "non english speaking" customer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-craften.jpg   Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-craftfr.jpg  

Ascendant

The following three screenshots are taken from the German outfitter window; the recipes are missing both the name in the list on the left, and on the top right.

This are the costume bundles that were added recently:

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-loc1.jpg

This is the craftable minion Milkweed:

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-loc2.jpg

And this is the Congealed Dreams item for the crafting weekly:

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-loc3.jpg

The next screenshot is from the German runecrafter window where the minion Runald is missing both names:

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-loc4.jpg

I hope this helps.

Ascendant

Another one from the German outfitter window; this time the quest item for the weekly that grants you a crafting lure:

Probleme DE-Version / Problèmes version FR-loc5.jpg

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    If you stop making voice in French and german, can you add an option to make ALL NPC speaking english in our localized clients?

Having some NPC speaking French and some other speaking english is very annoying.

Hello--

We hear you on this.

If the ability to toggle is in code already and this requires only the addition of an interface option, I would think this feature request could move forward at some point. Before the game goes live is of course the best time to plan for a feature like this, which RIFT didn't do because unlocalized VO wasn't on anyone's mind at the time.

Note that on the technical side, if the feature led to the risk of German and French VO "leaking" into the English version client as a bug, this proposal would become less attractive (to any dev team at any company).

I'm speaking without any research on this yet but it would be win-win if a small change by the dev team could enable a community add-on that achieves the desired result.

No formal ETA about a decision on this. If the plan does go forward you'd hear about it somewhere without having to hunt for it (here / blog / live stream / somewhere...). For this moment, staring at a puzzling number of broken recipe names...

Thank you.
    Last edited by Explikor; 08-11-2015 at 01:30 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #29
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    The following three screenshots are taken from the German outfitter window; the recipes are missing both the name in the list on the left, and on the top right.

...costume bundles that were added recently...

...craftable minion Milkweed...

...Congealed Dreams item for the crafting weekly...

...runecrafter window where the minion Runald is missing both names...

I hope this helps.

Hello--

These screenshots (and the one in your post #27) are helpful indeed. There's decent awareness now about the problem.

Next, two different teams may be needed to implement a fix. August had Gamescom already and now still has PAX Prime to slow down progress on all development work. And there's 3.4 still to complete. For that reason, I don't have an ETA yet on global fixes but I promise that wheels are turning.

Thank you.

Plane Touched

Warrior Champion skill "Unentrinnbar (engl. Inescapable)" has a false german translation. Charge is translated to "Ladungen" but "Ladungen" is in engl. "load" or like the "charge" of the mage energy bar.

In this part it should be correctly:
    Setzt die Abklingzeit jedes Ansturms zurück. Der nächste Ansturm ist nicht mehr von der globalen Abklingzeit betroffen und dessen Reichweite ist um 10 Meter erhöht.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast