+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Amiel

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Faeblight Sparkle quest

Soulwalker

Default Faeblight Sparkle quest

yea so after spending a week and a half to finish the quest, hours and hours to farm those 4 6 10 payouts I finished the quest, what did trion do? they write a program where the chest generates an item I already have in my inventory (unique equip)... why??? there's no logic to that programming, might as well have the chest generate empty, or have a note in it "Gotcha".... that has to be the biggest troll yet by the devs

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    yea so after spending a week and a half to finish the quest, hours and hours to farm those 4 6 10 payouts I finished the quest, what did trion do? they write a program where the chest generates an item I already have in my inventory (unique equip)... why??? there's no logic to that programming, might as well have the chest generate empty, or have a note in it "Gotcha".... that has to be the biggest troll yet by the devs
    The chest results in a random item, which could include an item you already have. The more gear you have, the more likely that becomes.

In the same vein a boss can drop items you (and potentially all your fellow players on a raid) items that you already have. It's part of the cruel nature of drops.

Best of luck in any future attempts though!

Soulwalker

they are so hard on the RNG aspect in this game, why not have the chest drop completely random loot, str/war item for a cleric???? why is it class specific? if its class specific, it should be active inventory specific too then, so u don't have something u already have, cause its all soulbound/unique equip etc

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The chest results in a random item, which could include an item you already have. The more gear you have, the more likely that becomes.

In the same vein a boss can drop items you (and potentially all your fellow players on a raid) items that you already have. It's part of the cruel nature of drops.

its not random, its class specific, random raid/dungeon bosses are random chance from the loot table, chest has a class parameter...

Soulwalker

why make a chest with a class parameter to help that character ONLY, and have a chance of receiving an item the character already has

Only as cruel as Trion chooses to make it.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Plane Touched

Where would the RNG ends if they programmed it such that you received an item you don't have?

- what if you where wearing the item rather then have it in your bag? Or the opposite? What if it was in your bank instead?
    - what if you want tank gear as opposed to dps gear, our the opposite? Sp/sc/cp gear? Block/dodge/guard?
    - what if you had a full set already? How would that affect the drop rate?

By making it class roll, they are increasing the odds of getting an useable piece by 400%. Plus, its something you can earn outside of raids, which reducing the gated aspect of only receiving x number of raid drops per week?

Or would you rather not have that chance at all? Don't worry, then event will be over soon enough and then it won't be
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

How about you lower the chance of tank gear from those faeblight box..seriously we are already dealing with enough tank RNG on raids and now we have to also deal with this on your RNG boxes...
    oh btw on the payed Lockboxes either from patron or RIFTstore,it always drop DPS CP or AP 90% gear 90% of the time...so
    TLDR: Pay for Lockbox = Good gear/RNG, RNG loot table or those FB spark thing = Bad Gear/RNG
    Last edited by mics001; 12-18-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Plane Walker

Finished the quest on my warrior today and got a nice tank chest upgrade. Haven't been so eager on rogue because I have 5 tank item from raid and I am 90% sure it will be tank loot

Also think that my guild mates who have finished the weekly have all gotten tank loot too.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mics001 View Post
    How about you lower the chance of tank gear from those faeblight box..seriously we are already dealing with enough tank RNG on raids and now we have to also deal with this on your RNG boxes...
    oh btw on the payed Lockboxes either from patron or RIFTstore,it always drop DPS CP or AP 90% gear 90% of the time...so
    TLDR: Pay for Lockbox = Good gear/RNG, RNG loot table or those FB spark thing = Bad Gear/RNG
    We need to have more people with tank gear. Even in NTE, people don't play tanks because mainly they don't have the gear. In AH, tank gears are the most expensive. If more people had tank gear, the queues wouldnt be as long as it is now. If the main tank in the guild has all his gear, then just pass it on to the rest of the guild. I'm sure having raid tank gear would encourage them to at least try tanking in NTE.

Besides, Tanks make or break a raid (one wrong move and its a wipe), the rest just determines if you finish it faster(more dps) or slower(more heals) so long as you got +1000 hit.
    Last edited by Observers; 12-19-2014 at 02:48 PM.

I got a really cool mage tank ring. Unfortunately, I play a dps mage.

So mad I could spit from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    I spending a week and a half to finish the quest, hours and hours to farm those 4 6 10 payouts I finished the quest. It was my holidays week. I open chest on my main cleric and get tank loot. I think, mb my alt will be more luky, and i farm and open chest on alt, and what i get? Offcose - tank loot. I never play tank, i have no tank speck. I tired to see 80% of all raid drop = tank loot. I hoped that i can be happy to see not tank loot from this event chest. And now i'm cry. Thank you Trion for best holidays.

And what i see when i try to login on trion support page fro ask to delet my account forever ->

HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

type Status report

message HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

description The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource (HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL).
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
    Last edited by Lifeismystery; 12-19-2014 at 11:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread